• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Solo Trip Goals... because I don't have to listen to anyone else!

In two days I will be arriving for my solo trip long-birthday-weekend. We were just there in March, but I couldn't fit in or talk my family into everything I wanted to do.

So... here are my goals for this trip that I missed last time:

1) Eat in resort restaurants just to see the resorts (AK and Poly)
2) Country Bears
3) Mission Space
4) Tower of Terror
5) Go into EVERY WS pavilion. (My kids were obsessed with China, so we never made it to many others)
6) See the France and Canada movies
7) Sit and read while enjoying a snack I don't have to share or an adult beverage
8) Ride FEA without boys saying they are being tortured
9) Ride the train around MK
10) Get to walk around Pandora and actually look at details
11) Do my best on Buzz without making kids cry
12) Same with TSMM if I can get a FP day of with refresh.

I am sure that I am going to think of more! I am so excited!

Sounds great. That's what Solo is about. Im about to do my third come November, and I swear there's nothing more magical. Doing Disney YOUR way is the absolute best! Those little things like riding the train around MK. Priceless. Enjoy!

Sounds awesome! Have fun!

I'm looking forward to my first "Disney on my terms" trip for many of the same reasons you are. It's funny, I love every Roller Coaster out there but for some reason have psyched myself out about Tower of Terror. This trip come hell or high water I'm doing it.

Do it! It's my favorite must-do at WDW. I think you're going to love it! Enjoy!

I love going on solo trips. I am going for 14 days in September/October. I am going to see Sugar Ray for all 9 concerts, Mark Wills for 3 concerts, go to movies, ride the rides I want to ride, and sit in the United Kingdom and watch the band there all day. I also can sleep late if I want and stay up late.

I love going on solo trips. I am going for 14 days in September/October. I am going to see Sugar Ray for all 9 concerts, Mark Wills for 3 concerts, go to movies, ride the rides I want to ride, and sit in the United Kingdom and watch the band there all day. I also can sleep late if I want and stay up late.

Outstanding! 14 days will certainly do the trick.
I am looking forward to 14-16 days during the Disney 50 celebration.
Enjoy!

I'm also going solo post-business trip in September. My wife said I can stay an extra 3 nights. just be back before the weekend so I'm gonna be there Sept 3-5.

I do the same thing in Jan. I stay at Swan and Dophin so that I can be close and take in a few park days!

Love your goals! Took my first solo trip in July but stayed off-site due to costs. I hadn't stayed off-site in such a long time, probably won't do it again. Unless it's a Disney Springs resort. I had a list of goals too - good idea to put them down if it's a quick trip. Mine was only 2 days in the parks so I did the same thing. I enjoyed taking my time in Animal Kingdom and exploring all the nooks and crannies on the trails. I met a lot of nice people along the way - everyone was so friendly. You'll love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter