My son got on Slime Time Live!

sherry7

DIS Veteran
We were at Universal this past Thursday. My 12 year old DS got picked as a contestant for Slime Time Live. He was so excited! He will be on the show this Wednesday stuffing slimy balls into his clothes. He went back to school today after a week off, and told me he plans on telling everybody about it.

We'll watch for him on Wednesday! Any hints for getting selected? I have DS-11 and DD-9 who are huge fans of Slime Time. Our first family trip to Orlando begins with US on 10/18 and if they are still taping, they'd love a chance to play.

Let me know if there is any way to increase our chances!! My 13 year old grandson and 10 year old grandaughter would love it!!! Oct20-27th!!!

Actually, he just lucked into it. They filmed two shows that day, so 24 kids total were participants. Normally, the show is broadcast live, but the fiber optic cable in NYC that they use is out of commission temporarily (due to the terrorist attacks). We were just entering the park and passing by the path that leads to the studio. A employee stopped us and asked whether we'd like to get tickets to be in the studio audience. When we went back, they asked DS if he would like to audition. The audition consisted of acting excited. DS jumped in the air, waived his arms around, and yelled. I saw a few quiet, shy kids who were not picked. The park had very low attendance that day, so I'm sure that significantly improved his chances. This did take about 2 1/2 hours out of our day, but it was worth it to see the expression on DS's face. He was hoping that the green stains on his skin would last until today, when he returned to school. However, as soon as he took a shower he came clean...much to his dismay. When he told the kids at school today, some of them did not believe him. He told me the green skin would have been his proof. He actually asked me this morning if I could rub some green food coloring on him!

One tip is to not wear any logo's on your clothing. By this I mean shirts with names or emblems printed on them (Nike, Adidas, Polo, Levi, Home Depot, etc.) or shirts from competing parks. I think they normally weed anyone wearing this stuff from being in the audience. So, if Mom or Dad has a WDW shirt on, Junior probably will not be picked since Mom and Dad would automatically be in the studio audience. Like I said, park attendance was very low that day, so they took DS even though I had on a Rainforest Cafe shirt and DH had a Speedo shirt, and Mickey Mouse hat. They made him take off his hat. You also had to cover up any logo on your shirt, by either turning your shirt around backwards or inside out. In our case, DH and I had logos on the left sides of our chests and bigger ones in the back. We had to pull the logo under our armpit to hide it, or they sent you to another room to turn it inside out. The studio audience is filmed, so I guess they don't want to give away any free advertising. So, on your day to Universal plan on your whole family wearing plain t-shirts with nothing on them or a Universal Studios shirt.

We will be on the show this Wednesday (Oct 3). The show runs from 4:00 to 6:30 Eastern Time. I think we will be on the 5:30 segment. My kid (Jonathan) is the boy with dark blond hair on the blue team. They are taking sponge balls out of a little swimming pool that has slime in it. They are stuffing them into their clothes. DH and I might be shown in the studio audience on the top row of people rooting for the red team (No, you didn't get to cheer for your kid if you were on the opposite bleachers.) I will be the slightly Pooh sized lady with short dark blond hair in a mustard colored t-shirt...with a Rainforest Cafe logo tucked under my armpit :) DH is the guy with brown hair in a white t-shirt sitting next to me. We probally both look funny clapping since we were trying to keep our logos hidden.

I am laughing at the image of a logo tucked into your armpit. :) I think if you want to appear on the show, watch a bunch of Nick shows so you can see examples of acceptable clothing.

for the tips. We can't wait to see the show tomorrow and watch someone we know - well, a little. Tell your son we think it's so cool that he got picked and that we believe. Green skin or no green skin. Your descriptions are great..."Pooh size"...made me laugh. That's how I'll refer to myself from now on unless, of course, I lose those 30 pounds I've wanted to lose for the past 10 years. Glad you had such a fun trip.

Do you think wearing a Universal theme park logo tee shirt would also exclude you or give you a BETTER chance to be chosen?
Just curious.

jmagoo.....that's hard to say. I saw a couple of people in the audience who had Universal Studios shirts on. By the way, they didn't have to cover up their logo like we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter