My son is not giving up.

redshoe

I've gotta have more cowbell!
I woke my 8-year old up about half an hour before close last night, so that he could see VMK through to the end.

When he went back to bed, he cried for an hour before he finally fell back asleep. It broke my heart.

This morning, he wrote a letter to Roy Disney that he wants to mail tonight. It's a great letter - very businesslike and matter-of-fact. You'd never know it was from an 8-year old if it weren't for the handwriting. He's politely informing Mr. Disney that VMK just closed, and he and his family are very sad about it. Then he goes on to say that there's no reason Disney can't open a new, bigger, in-house version of VMK (he's heard about the whole Sulake thing), and is there any way that Mr. Disney can help make this happen?

He plans on writing more letters to Disney executives along the same lines. He refuses to give up. And I have never, NEVER been more proud of my boy than I was this morning.

I just wanted to share.

Aww.. Thank you so much redshoe to share. Your boy is really a true Mouseketeer in his heart :thumbsup2 :grouphug:

I had wondered about this myself -
Even if they did close VMK, does that mean we give up?

Or do we keep pushing with the hope that they either re-open or announce plans for a suitable replacment?

i feel like i am on an unknown island on the internet now.. This is VERY sad

Very proud of you and your sweet boy, Red! He seems wise beyond his years!

It is such a pleasure knowing you in game. I will never forget you singing ballads!:goodvibes

That makes my heart have a little flicker of hope, and it warms my heart to see he won't give up. He wasn't the only one who cried, I ended up crying in the shower and crying myself to sleep.:sad2: It's a shame VMK did this.

So sweet, I'm sure that Roy Disney couldn't help but be touched. I too nourish secret hopes that Disney will some day reopen another version of VMK :goodvibes

That is so sweet, I'm sure it will have an effect on Roy. I really really hope they can somehow open a new version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter