My son's idea for a "new" Splash Mountain

Bunch24

Mouseketeer
So, tonight we watched The Princess and the Frog for the first time. Gotta say, it's my favorite Disney movie now. We're from Louisiana, so we loved all the subtle humor and the great attention to detail.

Afterwards, my wife and I are talking about how WDW may try to incorporate the movie into the parks. Most of our stuff was basic, like renaming the restaurant at Port Orleans to Tiana's Palace, etc.

Well, my 6-year old son says, "I know what they're gonna do. They're gonna redo Splash Mountain."

Then he proceeds to tell us his idea of how instead of logs, the vehicles can be lily pads. And instead of "the zippy song" as he calls it, you can play music from the movie. And the ride could follow the movie, from the beginning, through the swamp scene, through the cemetery, leading up to the wedding and the big plunge (which I thought was poetic, even though he had no idea). And of course, all the characters from the movie would be animatronics throughout the display.

After my wife and I :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:, we realized our little 6-year old Mouseketeer had a pretty good idea that would actuallly fit perfectly into the current ride. And as he pointed out, you can make the play area near SM the meet-and-greet area for Princess Tiana. Maybe we have a future Imagineer on our hands. :woohoo:

Just felt like sharing.

You little one is right, that would retheme well; and, let's face it, very few folks remember the movie Uncle Remus although i do!!! If I could add a little to your ideas, I also think a sit-down restaurant Tiana's Palace would be a great addition to this area! Tiana and Naveen running the place and doing meet and greets, the band on the stage and tons of music, laughing and singing. How could you beat that???? Love your ideas!

:thumbsup2 to your son. GREAT ideas. We loved the movie and I just picked it up this weekend, but I'm trying to hold off and save it for DD's birthday. Don't know if I can wait 'til July!

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board. so I'm going to move it there now.

You little one is right, that would retheme well; and, let's face it, very few folks remember the movie Uncle Remus although i do!!! If I could add a little to your ideas, I also think a sit-down restaurant Tiana's Palace would be a great addition to this area! Tiana and Naveen running the place and doing meet and greets, the band on the stage and tons of music, laughing and singing. How could you beat that???? Love your ideas!

Your idea of a restaurant in that area is awesome. And I think it kind of fits perfectly in that area, because POTC is nearby and piracy and New Orleans has a deep history.

I think Magic Kingdom certainly needs another sit-down restaurant and another character meal. Plus, the movie's soundtrack lends itself to a great atmosphere, with the jazz music, Cajun music and zydeco music.

For what it's worth, my son knows nothing about Song of the South, other than "Zip-a-dee Doo-Dah". The theme of the ride is completely lost on him, and I'd imagine a lot of kids his age and a little older.

That being said, I'd be severely torn about a Splash Mountain refurb, simply because I'm a big traditionalist. I didn't initially like the additions to POTC, but I've warmed to them since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter