My take on mousekeeping offer

I apologize ahead of time if there's a newer thread for this subject, but is this still a thing? I'm going solo for a week in May, and I have two beds in my room, so I'll have more beds, sheets, etc. then I'll ever need to be replenished.
I think it might depend on where you are staying. I don’t know if all of the resorts are doing this or not. We just stayed at Pop and took the offer. It was nice having a gift card to spend on souvenirs.

We stayed at Pop last November, and while some guests were offered to skip mousekeeping, we were not :confused:

It turned out that it was our worst experience with mousekeeping, having to make several complaints at front desk... As usual, Disney was great dealing with the situation, but still.

At the end of the day : I would jump on the offer if it was offered to me!

This doesn't mean that they don't enter your room every day, just that they won't clean it. (Don't leave your valuables out). By a "thing" I guess the OP sees the offer as a trial because WDW is looking to do away with housekeeping altogether. Other hotels do this, and it's a choice, not mandatory. It's also being implied that this is being implemented so that Disney can lay off some housekeepers, and if you participate you are complicit in job loss. Not everybody will accept it. Lots of folks would prefer to have their room cleaned.

If you like fresh towels, toiletries, the bed made and the room cleaned, then don't participate, it's your choice.

Last edited:
I think it might depend on where you are staying. I don’t know if all of the resorts are doing this or not. We just stayed at Pop and took the offer. It was nice having a gift card to spend on souvenirs.

Thanks! I'll be staying at All-Star Sports, so it should be going on there as well. I'll make sure to report on it either way when I go.

I figure with the amount of money I'm spending for the room, I want someone else to make sure it looks nice while I am out enjoying the parks. I don't want to get back to the room and pick up if I don't have to. Also the little animals and special touches mousekeeping did for us on our last trip was really cool. My daughter loved coming back to the room and seeing what her dolls were doing while she was gone (they moved day to day..it was really cute) So i'll keep the mousekeep, it's really worth it to me. :)

I'm on the fence. We have an 11 night trip planned in late May/early June at Pop. With regular housekeeping, how often do they change the sheets? On previous trips, I've never felt like my sheets were getting dirty, but for that long of a trip and all the dirt, sweat and sunscreen we'll have on us, I'm thinking I would want a sheet change a couple of times for that length of trip.

Making the bed is not a big deal to me. I barley ruffle the sheets when I sleep, so making the bed is not an issue. DD practically strips the bed when she sleeps, but as long as that fitted sheet is in tact, she just covers up with the rest and is happy as a clam. Clearly, I should take the Murphy bed if we want to stow it during the day. I have DD help me flatten out her top sheet and comforter and leave it at that, no tucking involved.

Also, we don't really make that much trash in the room, so dumping that in a receptacle on the way to the pool, etc would be no big deal.

I declined the gift card. And I didn't like the idea that this was a "promotion". Cutting back on services is not a promotion, in my opinion. I am paying Disney for providing me with a vacation experience. Part of what I look forward to is the relaxing feeling that I get when I enter the room after a long day at the parks, and seeing that everything has been spruced up. While I am on vacation, I do not want to have to think about any type of housekeeping chores. I do not want to have to keep up with toilet paper stock, towels, soaps, or changing the trash. I began this trip with the offer of the gift card in exchange for daily cleaning, and it really just put a bad taste in my mouth. I was a late convert to Disney, only making my first trip 2 years ago. I couldn't see the point of paying a corporation so much money for my entertainment. Then I went and loved it, and returned the next year. This was our third trip, and it felt like I was in a theme park that was starting to get run down. Cutting down on housekeeping takes away from that Disney "magic." I've seen other people on here observe that other hotels offer promotions to cut back on housekeeping. I understand that from an industry point of view, but Disney is not supposed to be like other places. Isn't that part of its charm?

Silly question Im sure, but are the housekeeping offers tiered depending on level of resort? Just curious. They shouldnt be, but if Disney is doing it for parking and extra adults in the rooms, Im wondering about housekeeping.

I would never decline. I make my own beds in the morning (cant stand an unmade bed), but I want the trash removed and fresh facecloth/hand towels. Its almost unsanitary to not change those things. Is that really what Disney is promoting?

Last edited:
Silly question Im sure, but are the housekeeping offers tiered depending on level of resort? Just curious. They shouldnt be, but if Disney is doing it for parking, Im wondering about housekeeping.

I would never decline. I make my own beds in the morning (cant stand an unmade bed), but I want the trash removed and fresh facecloth/hand towels. Its almost unsanitary to not change those things. Is that really what Disney is promoting?
No. Same offer at both value and mod. They don't offer it at all at the deluxe

It's not unsanitary to reuse your own towel. We do it at home all the time

I stayed at Pop for 2 weeks in the first half of December. I was not offered the gift card to decline housekeeping. What I did experience was a precipitous decline in the quality of the housekeeping that I did receive when compared to previous stays at Pop.

There were a handful of days where I was just skipped completely even though I was not in the room during Housekeeping service hours. The floor in my room was not cleaned at all during the entire two weeks I was there. I tried to speak with the housekeeper about it but I did not speak her language so that conversation went no where. I had already spent too long going back and forth to management trying to solve Wi-Fi signal problems at Pop so I wasn't going to waste one more non productive minute trying to solve Disney's problems during MY vacation. (I needed Wi-Fi for work assignments that needed attention during my absence)

I've come to believe that the ability to cut back on cleaning is why they remodeled the room in the industrial style at Pop.

I can definitely see where they will start to charge extra for housekeeping DURING your stay, ESPECIALLY at a Value or a Moderate. That is a profit center that is an untapped new "Industry Standard" just waiting to happen.

The Nickle and Dime-ing, up-sells and price gouging have only just begun. Buckle up buttercups, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

~NM

No. Same offer at both value and mod. They don't offer it at all at the deluxe

It's not unsanitary to reuse your own towel. We do it at home all the time
Bath towel, no, but hand towel and facecloth, taking off makeup, sunscreen, sweat...thats gross.

There is no doubt in my mind that charging for housekeeping is definitely coming, or at the least a cut down to housekeeping every 3 or 4 days only.

I could see a system where they will tell you to put your dirty towels in the basket they provide by the garbage, and you will get towels and garbage only, unless you want to pay extra.

I'm on the fence. We have an 11 night trip planned in late May/early June at Pop. With regular housekeeping, how often do they change the sheets? On previous trips, I've never felt like my sheets were getting dirty, but for that long of a trip and all the dirt, sweat and sunscreen we'll have on us, I'm thinking I would want a sheet change a couple of times for that length of trip.

Making the bed is not a big deal to me. I barley ruffle the sheets when I sleep, so making the bed is not an issue. DD practically strips the bed when she sleeps, but as long as that fitted sheet is in tact, she just covers up with the rest and is happy as a clam. Clearly, I should take the Murphy bed if we want to stow it during the day. I have DD help me flatten out her top sheet and comforter and leave it at that, no tucking involved.

Also, we don't really make that much trash in the room, so dumping that in a receptacle on the way to the pool, etc would be no big deal.

You can request they bring you a change of sheets whenever you like and you can make up your own bed.

We stayed at ASMu recently and weren’t offered it. I wouldn’t have taken it anyway, I like to come back to clean towels and made beds when we get back to the room. We’re not particularly messy and don’t eat in our room but still like housekeeping.

Bath towel, no, but hand towel and facecloth, taking off makeup, sunscreen, sweat...thats gross.
Then don't decline housekeeping and you'll not need to worry about it

Or some who decline it to call and request towels.

Then don't decline housekeeping and you'll not need to worry about it

Or some who decline it to call and request towels.
We called and requested towels and more coffee. They left a whole stack of towels and did bring coffee, but were very stingy on the coffee supplies. I will opt out of housekeeping every time now. It was so nice getting $40 in my pocket.

I always declined housekeeping, even before they started offering gift cards for it. I think wearing makeup is gross! To each their own.

So do I have to be offered the no housekeeping deal or do I ask for no housekeeping and request a gift card? Do they email the offer?

So do I have to be offered the no housekeeping deal or do I ask for no housekeeping and request a gift card? Do they email the offer?
When I was at Pop the woman at the front desk asked if I wanted to opt out. I know others have said they weren’t offered so just make sure you ask when you get to the front desk. I think you can also call after you arrive at the hotel. But you have to do it your first night or they won’t allow it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter