My Take on the Girls Only DL Trip

Dang girl, I keep forgetting you are just a youngin'. :rotfl:
I don't think you should be rooming with those ladies. They might be a bad influence on someone as innocent and impressionable as yourself. :rolleyes1

You don't know the real Cristabel do you?;)

Hi Stacie!!

Just now have had the time to read all your TR!! I have found myself in a few of them. :cool2:

Anyways, I'm loving it!!

Sorry about the "not very nice person". I have to tell you that when I met Callie's friend, she was introduced as Ellen. I looked for her screen name, not thinking, and she said she didn't have one. So I said, "oh you're just Ellen." So the next time I saw her, she introduced herself again as "Just Ellen." :worried: I felt bad. :sad2:

The next time we go, I'm going to go to alot more scheduled events. I did Jazz, the VIP tour and the wine event, but it seemed like I could have done the others, to have more time with everyone.

Looking forward to more fun TR from you!!

Melody

Okay,so I know you have a life and all. You know, family responsiblities, work, keeping up with the DBF, but c'mon here!! Surely you aren't done.

I really enjoy reading about the trip....makes me realize what a HOOT we had!!!

I do find that Friday night is a blur. Next time perhaps we should take notes!!

Waiting not so patiently to hear more!!

AMY

Okay,so I know you have a life and all. You know, family responsiblities, work, keeping up with the DBF, but c'mon here!! Surely you aren't done.

I really enjoy reading about the trip....makes me realize what a HOOT we had!!!

I do find that Friday night is a blur. Next time perhaps we should take notes!!

Waiting not so patiently to hear more!!

AMY

I know I know.....I'm hoping to get the last part done soon. I need to be home when I do it because I have pics to put in it. Hopefully in the next day or two. I have tons to tell. The slow morning, my feet not wanting to walk, my trip to Target, and brunch with Goofy. Lots and lots to tell. I will get it done soon. I promise.

We did have a hoot....probably even a hoot and a half.

Hello. This is not to bug you about your report. (okay, a little). JUst to say, HEY, and how are you and how was SW???

AMY

Hello. This is not to bug you about your report. (okay, a little). JUst to say, HEY, and how are you and how was SW???

AMY

Hey there! Sea World was fun. But we probably won't feel the need to do it again for quite a few years. Doesn't seem like all that much had changed since last time we went which was few years back. But we did have fun. The kids enjoyed themselves.

And I know I am slacking on the end to my trip report. Things have just been busy. DBF's kids have been down here with us so we have just been busy doing things with them. Plus, DD just had her promotion today so we have been getting ready for that. I just had the last few people leave.

I am hoping that tomorrow will be mellow so I should have the last of my trip report posted. Keep your fingers crossed.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I will, but it makes it hard to type!!

My DD really keeps bugging me to go to SW, I even have priced out the options of AP and the fun card, just am having trouble getting excited about it. Hmm, whales in cages. I live about 15 minutes from Sea world and drive by the entrance on my way to work, I guess the problem is that it is just not DL. Sure they have churros (if you can beat off the seagulls):furious: , but nope, magic, not feeling it!!

Okay, okay, I do like the free beer at the hospitality center. Makes me feel downright, well, hospitable!!!

You do sound busy. I wouldn't be able to remember the details of the last day of the trip in order to write about it. Dang, I am old!!!!

Congrats to your daughter!!!

Amy

I will, but it makes it hard to type!!

My DD really keeps bugging me to go to SW, I even have priced out the options of AP and the fun card, just am having trouble getting excited about it. Hmm, whales in cages. I live about 15 minutes from Sea world and drive by the entrance on my way to work, I guess the problem is that it is just not DL. Sure they have churros (if you can beat off the seagulls):furious: , but nope, magic, not feeling it!!

Okay, okay, I do like the free beer at the hospitality center. Makes me feel downright, well, hospitable!!!

You do sound busy. I wouldn't be able to remember the details of the last day of the trip in order to write about it. Dang, I am old!!!!

Congrats to your daughter!!!

Amy

they really give away free beer? (wish I liked beer!)

I haven't been to SW in probably 25 years. I was down in that area a couple of years ago for a conference but didn't have time to go. I'd like to see it just to see what is changed. My favorite part was they used to have like a Polynesian hut (like the Tiki room) where they served a punch drink. I really liked that. (Of course, that was way before I was old enough to drink too--so it was probably more than 25 years ago . . . . . ;)

they really give away free beer? (wish I liked beer!)

Yes they do. You are limited to two samples, ( i think they are about 6 ozs, but I could be wrong). I am such a light weight these days, I get buzzed off one beer anyway!! Much to my mom's horror, I am a beer or tequila kind of gal. I fear she thinks that is a bit "ghetto".

Years ago, like early 90's I dated a guy who was totally forgetable in appearance. He was blond, 6"4", you'd think he's stick in your head. Nope. We were at Busch Gardens in FLA and they too give out beer. (Guess tha happens when you are in a theme park owned by a beer company!!). Dennis drank his 2 samples and went up and was given 2 more, drank those, and got two more. Emboldened by his success, I tried for a second set and was turned down FLAT!!! His answer was, "Pays to be Mr. Bland face, once in awhile!!".

But, I digress.

After such an absence, perhaps you should go again!! The vet clinic I work in takes care of their dalmatians, now that I think of it, how come I never hit them up for freebies? Hmm.

Okay, off the SW thing. Waiting in the heat for the last (how very sad) installement!!!

AMY

Well here it is, the finaly installment of my trip report. Its been a long time coming I know.

So we are now on my last day on the Girls Trip. The day before was way too long and way too hot. But way fun!!!:thumbsup2 We all start getting up in the morning and are all very groggy. We must have all slept like logs. I hardly noticed any snoring from anyone. And the pillow hair was quite frightening to say the least. Looked like we all got into fights with our pillows, and lost.

It was now time to test our true grit. Time to see what we are really made of. Here is where we separate the women from the girls. We needed to get out of bed. :scared1:

Talk about pain and discomfort. My feet and legs ached something awful. If I could have I would have stayed in bed and paid someone to rub them. They were so sore and tired. It was crazy. And I was not alone. We all shuffled around that hotel carpet slowly grimicing and moaning. I guess this is where we show our age and all. But we are troopers. We got ourseleves up and going.

Even though it was my last day and I was not heading into the park, we still had things to do. This was the morning of our Goofy's Kitchen visit. :goofy:

Once we were all ready and smiling like we weren't in pain, we still needed get the room picked up and for some of us, pack our bags. Basically, the room looked like bags exploded and stuff was everywhere. As always, I pack way more than I actually need. All of my roomies could have left their bags at home and I would have had enough to go around.

Now we were good to go. We looked hot in our brown Diva shirts. :firefight No creative stretching needed now. And no one was going to mistake us for Hooter rejects. We just looked good.

Michelle, Amy and I were all going our own ways before brunch. Michelle was heading to the park, Amy was going to DTD and I needed to make a Target run. My battery on my camera was running low and after brunch DBF was picking me up because we were heading to Big Bear, so I needed new batteries for the camera. So once my car was packed up, I was on my way.

Back in the car now I was back in party mode.....Ice Ice Baby!

Now, almost every Target store on the face of the plant is pretty much laid out the same way. I have been to tons of them, and there are really no changes from one to the next. But there was for this one. Now, I have been to this one quite a few times before. But never needed the camera dept or their batteries. So I head into the store and go right to the area where cameras "usually" are kept. But not in this store. Oh no. And two workers weren't sure either. That is how I got sent to various areas of the store without finding what I needed. Remember, my feet are sore and my legs are tired and I am forced to wander all over Target! UGH! I finally got my purchase then made the long walk back to my car.

I was now on my way back to Disney :cool1:

There was some construction going on in the parking lot at the Disneyland Hotel so I had to park my car in self parking. One of my fave things about going to Goofy's is the valet parking. Don't ask me why, but I like to treat myself when I am there. Not this time though. :( Anyways....

I make my way on into the hotel and head over to Goofy's. Some of our group is already there. Which is good since I am hungry. They are waiting in line still though.

085.jpg

While waiting for them to call us up, we realize that Amy has not shown up yet. So I give her a holla and find she is making her way down DTD to find us. I peaked out the window and spotted her. We were all there now.

First we took our group pic. Sorry, I don't have a copy of that to show. But in case you were wondering, we looked hot. No worries. :thumbsup2

We got seated shortly after that and had a nice table.

089.jpg

087.jpg

Everyone got caught up with what everyone did that morning. Some of the group were lucky enough to get dreamed when they got into the park that morning. pixiedust:

As it had been for the last few days, everyone was pretty reved up and acting silly. It was a great time! The food was yummy and we had good character interaction. I was a little annoyed with Goofy though. :goofy: He came right up to our table and mussied up my hair!!!!:eek: Granted he wasn't in the room with me in the morning when it took forever and a day to blow dry, but still. Don't mess up my hair! Ever!

The best part of the breakfast was all the butts. Everyone seemed to be getting in on the action. The best butt of the morning had to go to Baloo though.

100.jpg

Not to feel left out Amy had to get in on it too. She took a really nice pic to start with.

115.jpg

Then she got herself some Chipmunk butt.

114.jpg

Once we all finished eating, did the macarena and too all the butt pics we could handle it was about time for us to go. Personally for me, I didn't want my weekend to end. I had such a great time.

123.jpg

So that was my trip report. I was only there from Thursday to Saturday, but I made the most of every minute there. I went to the trip not really knowing anyone, but left having made friends. I never had the chance to go somewhere like this solo before, so it gave me some life experiences that I am happy to have had. I left with some great stories, and good times. What more could I ask for.

Just wait till next year when I do this all over again. ;)

What a great ending Stacie! I'm glad you got to go and felt like you made some good friends. :goodvibes And I can't wait to meet you on the next trip! :banana:

I loved your comment about the hair too! "Don't mess up my hair! Ever!" :rotfl2: I'll have to keep that in mind.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it all! :thumbsup2

What a great ending Stacie! I'm glad you got to go and felt like you made some good friends. :goodvibes And I can't wait to meet you on the next trip! :banana:

I loved your comment about the hair too! "Don't mess up my hair! Ever!" :rotfl2: I'll have to keep that in mind.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it all! :thumbsup2

Thanks! And yeah, don't mess my hair. I truly believe in the crowning glory should be a crown of glory thing.

And I can't wait to meet you on the next trip either.

Hey there Stacie! Thanks so much for the trip report. Here I was feeling guilty not doing one of my own, but you've pretty much captured it all for me.

My updates.....after the VIP tour I went back to the room and went to Bubba Gump with Katie and Steph for dinner. (You guys didn't want to walk that far and were more interested in corn dogs! Which, I do have to admit, I like alot.) I got a couple of fast passes on Sat. morning, then my friend Michelle (I feel like the scene from Bob Hope show....I'm Michelle, and this is my other friend Michelle!) grabbed the monorail over to DtD together. I got to get her into the front car with the pilot (or is it Captain...now I can't remember.) Otherwise, the details are the same. Oh, except I didn't hear anyone snoring, so one of them was probably me....though I don't usually snore unless I'm sick...oh well.

That pretty much augments what you've written, otherwise you're just so very complete that I no longer feel the need to write one myself!

I LOVED having all of you for roomies! We need to do a small "roomie" get together sometime soon!

Oh, and Amy, my family loves Sea World, so if you want someone to go with you and DD, just let me know!

I didn't know you guys got to ride in the front of the monorail. How fun! And you are right, I was way more interested in having a corn dog than walking anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter