My time dining?

canyoncam

original Bambi &Thumper
Very happy to see this forum as we are planning a cruise on the Allure to keep my VERY active 15 yr old nephew happy with the zip line, rock wall and flow riders. We did the Fantasy last two years and though we loved it at times he got bored.

So I did sail RCCL back in 2003 before the mainstreaming of My Time Dining. I am wondering exactly how this works. Do you choose time for each day individually or is it the same for entire cruise? And how soon do you have to choose your time, can it be done day of or do you have to know before you get on ship?:confused3

. . . My Time Dining. I am wondering exactly how this works.
We find RCI's My Time Dining completely flexible.

You can just show up at dinner time, tell the maitre'd if you would like a table alone or to share, and wait for the next available table. If you have a dining time in mind in advance, you can make a reservation (either that morning, or online prior to boarding.)

We have not been on the Allure, so YMMV.

Woody

My time is the way to go if you are on the Allure or Oasis. You will need to pre-plan all your shows and it makes it a lot easier to book those and then set you my time dinning. We have been on both those ships many times and found that it works best.

On my recent Freedom sailing, they pressed us to make reservations, although I usually made them just a few hours prior to dining. We wanted to be as flexible as possible on this cruise so we really just called the number to make reservation just a few hours prior to wanting to eat. The only night that was an issue was Lobster night. We called to make a 6pm reservation and the earliest we could get was 7:30. Not a deal breaker at all. We were able to get a table for two on the nights we dined alone and had the same server as well!

You can still use traditional dinning if you prefer. I always use main seating traditional dinning and get the same table every night.

It's easier to make reservations but you don't have to. You may have to wait a bit if you don't depending on the time you want. We enjoyed my time dining very much, once we got the hang of it!

If you do My Time Dining and are traveling Solo, do they put you at a table with other people? There's no way I'm dining by myself for an entire cruise... :(

Sayhello

If you do My Time Dining and are traveling Solo, do they put you at a table with other people?
You can request to share a table. When we've shared, solo travelers often joined the table.

Woody

Thanks for the information. We would probably make reservations as it is 10 of us. Hoping we do get to go as we had a health scare this week but this cruise is going to be five and a 1/2 months from now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter