My tips!

bigmerle1966 said:
I take two accordian style plastic file folders with me, one large and one the size of a business size envelope. I use them for putting memorabilia things in, like the hotel newsletter, park maps, the kids activity things, etc. I take the small one with me to put the things I collect during the day, then empty it out into the big one at night. It is lightweight and it keeps those things safe and organized. And it fits really well in my backpack. I am a scrapbooker and I collect a lot of things to use in my scrapbooks.
Great idea!!

Packing tip but you got to plan ahead for this one.

Save old underwear for vacations wear once and throw away Which in turn leaves a tad bit more room in your luggage for taking home the goodies you buy along the way.

Something men don't think about is thining out their wallet or using a cheap lightweight wallet for disney visits. Take out EVERYTHING you don't need from wallet pics credit cards phone numbers everything you don't need amazing what thining out the walllet can do.

15 yrs ago I saw a poratable folding clothes dryer thingy has like 24 clothes pins on it folds up kinda like an umbrella. I paid a dollar for mine and bought 2 they still goin strong and have been to disney many times and many many other places as well.
What so neat about these is they got a regular hanger hook on them like a clothes hanger and you can pick it up easily and move it as it's a bit of a problem using shower and tryin to dry wet swimsuits at the same time I just move mine over to the closet area and hang it on the rod there. I still see these things in the stores usually just as cheap as I got mine years ago.

I've used the 5x7 mailing envelopes for my park notes and little things I wanted to take to the park that day. Make up and envelope for each park sure beats carrying a book or notebook around all the time.

Since disney started the bag checks I very rarely take any kind of a bag into the parks with me camera in pocket or around my neck, small wallet, pack of gum. blistex etc all goes in my pants pockets. Kinda like goin when it's cooler weather and puttin my fanny pack in my pocket till I inside the gate then puttin it on (gasp) lol works for camera bags too :)

My dentist recently suggested to me for my trip to disney, I might want to consider packing a small container to hold my partial plate. According to him, it is possible to lose ones "teeth" on a roller coaster, etc. :teeth: I told him I'd keep it in mind.
So, I thought I'd share it with you. :chat:
This is a great thread.

dyna said:
Kinda like goin when it's cooler weather and puttin my fanny pack in my pocket till I inside the gate then puttin it on (gasp) lol works for camera bags too :)
This is a great tip. I wouldn't have thought of it. At least you keep the line moving. LOL :)

Mad2Scrap said:
You should look into the Bagallini messenger bag. A lot of people, myself included, are raving about it! :Pinkbounc It comes in a million bazillion colors, too.
http://www.baggallini.com/product.asp?category=1&product=132&mode=price

Does it unstrap in the front, or do you have to take it over your head each time you want to remove it?

With my back pack I can slide it off pretty quickly but getting it back on can be kind of cumbersome

Would the aforementioned messenger bag hang over one of the strollers? It looks like that front strap comes off. I bet this work better for us this year. DS will not allow us to put in anything in the stroller with him or on top of him (he has autism and that is the sort of thing that makes him crazy). If we could hang our bag easily on the back of the stroller it would be great. We like to take our bag in attractions with us when we leave the stroller, so something easy on/easy off would be ideal.

I made up business cards on the computer.

For each day, one card contains the date, our itenirary and any confirmation #'s.

I will print them off on regular cardstock (cheaper than business cards), cut along the lines and laminate each one incase they get wet.

This might sound a little weird, but I am packing a case or two of gatoraid and water in empty suitcases on the plane, it beats paying 2.50 a bottle in the park! I am going to stuff as many as I can get in the bag, without making it unable to lift! :cool1:

etwinchester said:
I made up business cards on the computer.

For each day, one card contains the date, our itenirary and any confirmation #'s.

I will print them off on regular cardstock (cheaper than business cards), cut along the lines and laminate each one incase they get wet.

I do something similar to this too. I use them in case something gets lost. I put my name and cel phone number (which I bring) on front of card and my itinerary on reverse. I laminate these and put one in each luggage item (inc. carryon) backpacks, etc. I haven't lost anything yet that had a card in it, but I do it just in case. I also do one for my DD5. On the front it says something like "Hi my name is Danielle ...., please call my mommy at ......, she's very worried. I put one in her pocket, if she has one, or in the bottom of her shoe (sneakers, not sandals). We haven't lost her at Disney yet, but I wish she had the card when we couldn't find her for the longest 5 min. of my life at Sea World in San Diego. She was in the kids play area overhead, and turned around at the one point I couldn't see her. My heart was racing while we went from exit to exit (there were 3 exits, only 2 of us to cover them!). I was almost in tears :scared1: when we found her holding hands with an employee. That being said, I now make sure she has my name and phone number on her.

31 days and counting! :grouphug:

I am just amazed at the tips!!!! I am just writing and writing. The one thing I want to know is how much water can you pack in suitcases? I guess as long as it doesn't go over the weight limit? Also where do you find those collapsible hampers? I know I will think of something else
Thanks
Michele

ShellyL said:
I am just amazed at the tips!!!! I am just writing and writing. The one thing I want to know is how much water can you pack in suitcases? I guess as long as it doesn't go over the weight limit? Also where do you find those collapsible hampers? I know I will think of something else
Thanks
Michele

You can get the hampers at any walmart. Our local Big Y (food chain) sometimes has them buy 1 get 2 free. i love theme for going to the laundry mat.

The sharpie marker you pack for characters autographs can also come in handy for putting names on your refillable mugs.

DH and I have 2 major credit cards. When we travel, he brings one and I bring the other. That way if one of us loses our wallet, we still have a credit card. We also always clean out our wallets and leave anything we don't need at home.

Carry a current picture of your child with you. If you have a digital camera, take a picture of him each morning so you will remember what he wearing. Or just dress everyone in matching outfits and you won't have to worry! I also encourage DH and DS to wear bright colors. It makes it easier to find them in a crowd.

If you need a prescription filled, call the front desk of your resort. They will give the number of a local pharmacy. After your doctor calls the prescription in, the pharmacy will deliver it to your hotel for a small charge (I think it was less than $10). The front desk will accept delivery and pay them. It will be charged to your room. This pharmacy won't process your insurance claim - you'll have to handle that later.

Even if your child has been potty trained for a while and staying dry at night, being in a strange place can throw some children off. DS had been staying dry at night for 6 months but wet the bed twice on our first trip. They do sell pull ups in the gift shop but we're lucky DS was on the small side as they didn't carry the largest size. If you have any left over at home, throw them in the suitcase "just in case".

:dog2: :dog2: :dog: :paw: :paw: :paw: I didn't see anyone mention earplugs, for my DD who hates loud noises, and mini binoculars. :sunny: :dog:

marj70 said:
Would the aforementioned messenger bag hang over one of the strollers? It looks like that front strap comes off. I bet this work better for us this year. DS will not allow us to put in anything in the stroller with him or on top of him (he has autism and that is the sort of thing that makes him crazy). If we could hang our bag easily on the back of the stroller it would be great. We like to take our bag in attractions with us when we leave the stroller, so something easy on/easy off would be ideal.

Any more comments on this bag?

Just curious. I thought that would be a good thing to pack all the stuff mentioned in this thread in. Then you could use it to bring all your goodies home.

Anyone know if the airlines would allow this?

Mad2Scrap said:
If you have a digital camera you could do this each morning before leaving your hotel room: take a digital photo of your child in that day's clothing. Easier to remember what they were wearing and to show CM if they (your kids) get lost.
LOVE IT!! Thanks Mad2Scrap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter