My Universal Photo Packages

I went to the link and it won't let me put a package in my cart. Has anyone been able to purchase a pretrip package? Also, where should I be watching for possible black friday deals on pictures?
I am able to add them to my cart, but I was waiting for Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals to purchase anything. Now that it is officially Cyber Monday, it does not look like anything is going to happen. This thread seems rather dead as of late, and the Facebook page for the vendor has disappeared. I am guessing the deals are few and far between now.

I think you are right about the deals. We are going with a big family group (6 adults and two kids). If I buy a three day photo package, how do we get the ride photos? Do we need to scan a card at each ride? I am imagining we are going to split up a bunch during the trip. Is there a way to get multiple photo cards without paying more?

You can get extra cards to link to your account for free. You can buy extra lanyards with photo cards in them for a few dollars and they can add the bar codes to your card.

You can get extra cards to link to your account for free. You can buy extra lanyards with photo cards in them for a few dollars and they can add the bar codes to your card.
Thanks OrlandoGirl. So after I prepurchase the card online, I go to the park to redeem and they will give me extra cards then? I dont think we need extra lanyards, just the ability to split up and have all of the photos go to the same place. I mean if it would work, I could just have our family take pictures of the official photo card and use that to scan if Universal will allow that.

Also, I seem to recall someone saying you can buy a fourth day but you have to ask them at park, you can't prebuy that. Has anyone prepurchased the photo package and then added a day once they got there?

K guys I'm really confused about this. Is a 3 day pass my only option? Do I buy this directly from universal or from the link above? Is it worth it compared to Disney's PhotoPass or am I better off just taking my own pictures? Hallllllp!

K guys I'm really confused about this. Is a 3 day pass my only option? Do I buy this directly from universal or from the link above? Is it worth it compared to Disney's PhotoPass or am I better off just taking my own pictures? Hallllllp!
There are other options but it seems they are only available in the parks at this time.

For us, it is the kids first trip to Universal and I really want to get a bunch of the ride photos, so it is "worth" it although I think you get more value from the Disney photopass because they have photographers all over the place to capture the big group shots. I also read somewhere that you can buy a four day package but have to do that in the park.

Update: I just called Universal. They offer a 5 day photo pass for $99 without tax (106 with tax). It comes with all of the things the 3 day pass does plus two 8 X 10 photos - one from escape from gringotts and one from forbidden journey. The team member was super nice and took payment over the phone. While we will only be there 4 days, completely worth it for the extra day plus two 8X10's and I figured I paid what I would have paid for a three day pass if I waited to buy in the park.

Last edited:
Update: I just called Universal. They offer a 5 day photo pass for $99 without tax (106 with tax). It comes with all of the things the 3 day pass does plus two 8 X 10 photos - one from escape from gringotts and one from forbidden journey. The team member was super nice and took payment over the phone. While we will only be there 4 days, completely worth it for the extra day plus two 8X10's and I figured I paid what I would have paid for a three day pass if I waited to buy in the park.
This is exactly what I would want too! Did you call the vacation package line or a different number?

I see on the website that volcano bay has a separate photopass for cheaper.

If I buy the regular photopass, does that include volcano bay? Or do I have to buy that one additional for those photos?

The regular photo pass includes VB. The TapuTapu bands can be connected to your photo pass so you get automatic photos of some VB rides, plus there are a few posed photo spots with timed cameras that you also activate with the TapuTapu.

Lebeau stated this thread years go and it is still valid except for the increased costs
prices continue to rise

This thread was started Frebuary 2018 and is still going strong

I am so pleased we can look back and see how prices have raised in the way since it began February

I just called to order the 5 day/length of trip, and they said you can only do the 5 day online if you book a package. If you book the parts separate, you have to either wait and do it in person, or else book the 3 day, and then add days when you get there.

I did the 'print at home' option, but when I ;ook at the pdf, it says to "Exchange this ticket at any My Universal PhotosTM location".

So we still have to go to the shop? We cant just start taking photos like at disney?

I did the 'print at home' option, but when I ;ook at the pdf, it says to "Exchange this ticket at any My Universal PhotosTM location".

So we still have to go to the shop? We cant just start taking photos like at disney?
Yes, you have to go into the store at Islands or Universal studios. They give you are card that you scan after the rides. Also can be scanned by the photographers in the park.

I was there last week with the three day package and their system seemed needlessly complicated. When I went to pick up the lanyard I had to email them their email to me so they could print out their receipt and put in their accordion folder. I had already gotten a random photo card at the entrance as we saw a photographer as we came in. They assured me no problem to transfer the pics into my account. Seemed easy. But THEY have to do the transfer. I can’t enter or scan the QR code to complete the transfer on my own. This became very frustrating as I kept forgetting the lanyard on the locker/metal detector rides and kept getting new cards. At the end of the night (because once the park closes for the day the pics are cleared I’ve been told), I was stuck waiting in a very long line to have the pics all put into my account while there was one worker helping a woman look through thumbnail pic after thumbnail pic finding her group and printing a pic out. Eventually more workers showed up, but I’d been in line for at least 20 minutes. This little episode really did help me remember (mostly) the lanyard from then on. (Little tip, at the end of rides where there are people at the photo kiosks and not just the automatic kiosk setup, have them combine your cards there, if needed). I’m glad I have the ride pics, but the whole process was most definitely a (useless imo) learning curve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter