My visit to the Disney Store!

grover

DIS Veteran
Popped over to the Disney Store today as I had a keychain from there that broke,it was a pewter style mickey holding a star with a little gem stone, well it seperated from the keychain itself! I took it in and they were great-just told me to pick out another one as they had none of that style left! They apologized and I said no problem-the CM thanked me for that as some people apparently are not as understanding. So it was nice to go in and just get good service-no hassel!

While there I saw all the Monsters Inc stuff-tooo cute! We love the movie-watched it twice on the weekend. They also have some very nice pins and mugs.

Grover in Winnipeg
:Pinkbounc

Nice to hear that you were treated in "real Disney" style. :)

I'll hopefully watch Monsters Inc this weekend. I bought it at WalMart a couple days ago but I had never seen it. Hope I like it now that I own it, LOL! :p (I had a $5 rebate, how could I pass it up? ;) )

Good Thursday Morning Everyone,

I am headed to the Disney Store tomorrow to pick up my Monsters Inc. DVD. Grover, were there any good sales happening this week. I'm headed to Hamilton. If anyone was there recently and saw some bargains let me know.
It's definetely time for fix because it's still a few months until I get to go back to the world.
Have a great day!

I was in St Vital Disney store and we were besotted with the kids' custumes! So perfect and adorable. Did you see the Eyore??I wish I had a little girl for some of those.
I also noticed that the knickknacks are gone right now! They are really into the Costume thing!

I just got back from the Disneystore here in Edmonton. The DVD's and videos are on sale for $15. All of them are on sale except for Monsters Inc. and the pre-order of Beauty and the Beast. I think some of the halloween costumes were $5 off.

Hey SillyMinny, we are both in Winnipeg!!

Susan-I don't really recall any sales but then again I was paying more attention to my keychain!! They did have some backpacks on for 14.99 I think!

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

Grover & Silly Minny:

I too am in the Peg and we are going to Disney World for our first time this year. I have been watching your posts Grover and have picked up loads of great info from you - Thanks!!! You go down before me. I'm going from December 17 - 30. I can hardly wait for you to get back so I can pick your brain - lol. :D :)

I also think we are staying at the same hotel HIFS.

I was also at the Disney Store in St. Vital Centre on Wednesday night - we went to get our passport pictures done ($50.00 later). I inquired about the park hopper passes and was advised that they did not know if there would be a deal this year for Cdns. She also said that it could be announced as late as the first week in November so I'm holding off buying my passes.

Keep on posting guys - I'm sure learning alot - THANKS AGAIN.

LOL-looks like we've all been hanging around st.vital this week! I was just there again this evening! Made a quick detour into TDS again just to look-I love the new mugs!

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

Your post reminded me that I should take a trip to the Disney Store ... I'm glad I did! I picked up a Magical Moments Pin bag :p They've got lots of great costumes, too bad they don't have anything for adults...

OK, OK, I live in Calgary now ... but I'll always be a Winnipegger at heart!

Diane, we will be down there for some of the same time as you (Dec. 19- Jan. 11) -- maybe we'll run into each other!

I too have been asking at the Disney Store about the passes. We are hoping to get another deal like we did last year: buy one 7-day Hopper, get the second for 1/2 price. Last year was the first year that we know of, that they did not have blackout dates over the Christmas-New Year's season, so we could actually make use of these passes at this great price. Hopefully they will offer the same deal this year! Whoever is the first to find out what sort of deal (if any) will be offered to us this year, please post and let everyone else know so that we can take advantage of it!

Hi Aristocats2 - This is exciting. Where are you staying? We are staying off site at the HIFS. I'm going to buy the lime green ribbons and tie it on my fanny pack and I hope any other Disers will be doing the same.

The day you arrive we will doing the Mickey's Very Merry Xmas Party from 7 til midnight. I'm really at a loss as what to do on Xmas day as everyone seems to be saying stay out of the parks that day. How about you?

The planning of this trip is soooo much fun as this is our first trip to the World. My kids are 16 and 14 are a little reluctant to be going. Once they get there and we start doing things I'm sure they will have a ball.

Any advice or "must do's" would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

:D :D :D :D

You will have such a wonderful Christmas in the World!! Wd have done Christmas and New Year's there for the past several years, and we absolutely love it.

I'd be glad to give you all sorts of advice and "must-do's". This year, my cousin is coming along with us; it will be her first visit to WDW as well (at age 35) so we are making our own lists of things that we have to show her.

Why don't you send me a Private Message with your e-mail address, and I'll e-mail you with some ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter