My voicemail

Yvet

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh
Hi there,

I found out that my voicemail was played on the show last week because i've got a mail from Julie!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

And several people here at the boards have made a compliment about the voicemail. :worship:

But there is the stupid thing.........:worried: :worried:
I'm to scared to listen :blush: :rolleyes2
I know it's to stupid to put it in words........
But i'm going over and over again in my mind that i sound stupid and that my voice is funny, that i make lots of grammar mistakes ect ect.
I know it's stupid and that i don't have to worry about a thing, but hmmmmmm that is'nt helping.

I did say to myself that i must listen to it tonight because i'm in some kind of detox right now :sick: :sick: , i shake and feeling way to bad, because i didn't got my DIS Unplugged Email shot this week yet. :rotfl2:

So i really really going to listen tonight, :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
But maybe, maybe there's a change that i'm chicken out..:confused3

You sounded awesome!!! I love your accent!!! Go ahead and listen.:goodvibes

I thought your voice mail was great - very well thought out. I would have been stammering and hummming and hawing my way through it. So far I have only been brave enough to email.

Were you the one that sounded like they were eating a sock?? :scared1: JK!! It was awesome! :wizard: :banana:

I understand your feelings Yvet. A question I had was featured on another podcast and I couldn't bear to listen to myself. That was back in November, and I still haven't listened.

However, I will say that you sounded fabulous. I loved your "accent" and was impressed that you called from so far away. It's amazing how far-reaching this podcast is!

:flower3:

You sounded awesome!!! I love your accent!!! Go ahead and listen.:goodvibes

Don't ya mean g'head? (That's my best Pete inpersonation. Kinda hard to do ona message board!)

Yvet, you sound great. You really do need to listen!

We all thought it was great :thumbsup2 and the Roundtable team had nice comments about your voicemail so make sure you listen!

I think most of us feel the way you do Yvet, to some extent anyway. I know when I got my E-mail from Julie that they had played my VM, I was somewhat hesitant to listen. But it didn't take me long before curiosity got the best of me. Now when I listen to it I laugh and think to myself "what a goober"
besides with a neat souding accent like yours, you could say anything and it would sound cool:-)

Yvet -

You need to listen. Your advice and question were great! :worship: I really enjoyed listening to your accent. I know this may sound silly, but it brought a smile to my face, in a good way, when I listened to it.

English is a second language for you, correct? Well, let me say...you speak much better than some of the people I know that were born and raised in the United States. Go listen -- you sounded great!!! :goodvibes

You were brave to call in and guess what? These posters are correct---you sounded terrific---REALLY!!! In fact, you sounded like a pro---as I listened, I remember wondering if you're perhaps a professor or maybe a travel agent---you sounded prepared and wise; so I hope you'll allow yourself to listen. :thumbsup2

Thanx to all the kind words that you gave me, all the support.
I hate the fact that i do have an accent, but i did everything to prevent that.

What i did as VM preperation was:
I did put the story that i wanted to tell on paper and when i called i red it from the paper, so that way i wasn't going to tell things again and again and i wasn't going to forget anything.

The total price of my 2 calls was less then 1$, i did called twice and deleted my first VM, but the prices to call form here to the US are so low.

English is indeed a second language for me.
That is one of the reasons that my grammar is'nt that great, but it sure is good enough.
We start learning english at school from the age of 8. Then we have for at least 8 years of english at school.
My english was not bad, but also not really really good. It started to get better and better when we want to America for our vacations.

In the summer of 2006 i did an english language course on UCLA for 6 weeks.
I liver in the dorms and went to classes 23 hours a week, i was in level 106 that is advanced II, the highest level there is. After those 6 weeks i recieved a certificate and with that certificate i can register at (almost) every college ore university in the US without that i have to do tests.

Back to the VM and emailshow:
Yesterdayevening when we went to bed i first listened to the emailshow, together with my DH.
My thougt was, okay just start to listen and just see what happens.

The first email was mine... OMG :scared1:

I was turning red and more red my whole face was just mickeyred......
But i have to say, my voice wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.
My voice was even pretty okay and sounded nice enough.

During the whole VM i was correcting my grammar and when is stumbled i was doing some arggh's and iekss.
But heey overall it was just a good email.
Glad that i did listen to it and the comment where great.

Again thanx for all the comments because it gave me the little push that i needed to go listen and i enjoyed the emailshow and also my VM.

I'm so glad that you listened! Yep, you were first. At least that killed the "OMG, will I be next?" anxiety ;)

I think it's wonderful how English is taught at age 8! Wow. If only us Americans were so good about learning other languages...

The age that i said about learning english isn't correct.
It's not 8 but 10 years....

From the age of 10 we learn english and we have at least 6 years english classes.

From the age of 12 we learned french and german and that for at least 2 years of classes.
But now a days they have french and german as part of the choice of education you follow, so not everybody has those classes anymore.

But i've had 8 years of english and 3 years french and 3 years german.

I didn't have any spanish but i could understand Bawb perfectly when he spoke franish.....:rotfl2:

You sounded great. People with accents are adorable! :) (That includes Boston accents!)

Personally, I thought you sounded great as well. I absolutely love the way you say podcast! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter