• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Wish A Month Later

souper

DIS Veteran
Happy's Wish

When I joined VMK I knew no other players and only visited DisBoards to plan vacations. We all ended up in VMK for different reasons. We all had different favorite things in VMK. Some of us enjoyed the mini-games, others enjoyed trading, building, questing, host events, and more. It has been about a month since VMK closed. Most of us have explored a few different online communities/games.

:flower3:A month later here is my wish for VMK players: :flower3:

• I wish that you have found an online community/game where you feel comfortable and happy.
  • I wish that in that community you find many old friends and make many new friends.
  • I wish that you are able to show your gaming skills, creative/building skills, trading expertise, silliness, or whatever brought you most pleasure in VMK.
  • I wish that you understand there are many factors as to why some of your friends may have selected an online community/game is different from yours. Regardless of their choice, I hope that you continue to treat them as a friend not a foe.
  • Most of all I wish that the sadness of VMK, begins to feel a bit less painful as time goes on and you enjoy your new online community/game.

:hug: Hugs to all of you. :hug:
Happy

oh, that is wonderful of you to say. Sadly I still haven't found a community, well I have found tons but just not the right one.

I hope you have found a community to belong to.

[*]Most of all I wish that the sadness of VMK, begins to feel a bit less painful as time goes on and you enjoy your new online community/game.
[/LIST]

:hug: Hugs to all of you. :hug:
Happy

It's only been a month .... feels like it's been forever! I guess it is a little less painful, but I still have a hole in my heart where VMK should be. I miss my little piece of Disney every day, and while the other games are fun .. it's not quite the same.

I certainly hope that none of us DIS'ers ever look at each other and see a foe :scared1:

Big hugs to you Happy :hug:

oh, that is wonderful of you to say. Sadly I still haven't found a community, well I have found tons but just not the right one.

I hope you have found a community to belong to.

I am in the same case as you, all the other games I wanted to start playing again there is just nothing I want to talk about with other players, well there was a player but he stopped playing -_-

* I wish that you understand there are many factors as to why some of your friends may have selected an online community/game is different from yours. Regardless of their choice, I hope that you continue to treat them as a friend not a foe.
foe is not the correct word :duck:

Hi Happy! I miss all the sweet ppl like you that were on vmk. I don't think I will ever find a game with as many wonderful ppl. We all had the love of everything Disney in common. The sweet, playful child in all of us. I hope we will meet again. Thank you for your wishes. Hugs:hug:

It's only been a month .... feels like it's been forever! I guess it is a little less painful, but I still have a hole in my heart where VMK should be. I miss my little piece of Disney every day, and while the other games are fun .. it's not quite the same.

I certainly hope that none of us DIS'ers ever look at each other and see a foe :scared1:

Big hugs to you Happy :hug:

I dont think there ever will be a game like vmk again. I too agree that even though it has been a month, I still will always miss vmk.

I am so glad we have the dis where we can talk with all of our friends, even when vmk is gone.

after a month, i have found a new home. Most of them are post-vmk
and although we lost our park, we kept our family together. Kind of like moving. We would have gladly stayed with dis, if they could have offered us something, but after all the research, i do believe it was in our best interest to part ways. We will be happy here, but vmk will be a void in our lives for a very long time.

Dear VMKers:

I am in the same boat, although I didn't really play an entire lot, until the end. If we feel sad, we need to continue to write and email Disney. If we are silent, they do not know that their loyal followers are upset, sad, disappointed, angry, etc.

I have been angry that Disney has treated children so badly. I am sad that I have lost contact with a great Disney Community. I have changed my Disney buying behavior and have lost the warm and fuzzy feeling about the company I once had.

We, Disney fans, need to contribute in bringing it back. Figment was brought back after a year of constant complaining about taking him out of a ride at WDW. If they brought back Figment, they can bring back VMK. Fight for what you love. Fight for what you believe in.

Faith, trust and pixie dust!

Although I think I have found a new community that I enjoy, I can't help but still be angry for what Disney has done. They have split an awesome community to pieces. Where I was once able to talk with all of my friends in one virtual community, I am now visiting more than 3 to keep up with everyone. But even though we are separated by new likes and dislikes, I would never, ever be mad at any of my friends for making their choice at a new virtual game. Everyone has to do what is best for their family.

There's nothing Disney can do to keep me from friends. If I now have to drop off cookies in 3 virtual lands now, so be it.

Big hugs everyone, :hug:

Days~

I've tried new communities but I haven't found anywhere like VMK :( I cant believe it's been just a month already, feels like forever. I can keep wishing that it'll come back and hopefully one day that wish will come true.

=[ This is so upsetting but true =[
I hope everyone has a happy future.

Unfortunately, I have not found a new home. :sad1: Nothing will ever be like VMK. I was at Disney's Hollywood Studios last weekend and I went into the One Man's Dream attraction, where among the beautifully detailed display models of the icons of each theme park stood a display dedicated to the electronic frontiers of Disney. Inside the display was a computer, playing a movie about VMK. I couldn't move. I just watched that movie loop and loop and loop. I didn't cry because I'm past that feeling in regards to VMK, but that movie just fascinated me, like a shiny toy mesmerizes a kid even though they know they can't have it.

I haven't even heard from my one best friend in over 2 weeks. :( I hope others are having a better time of it than I am.

I haven't found anything else. I tried half a dozen places. None did anything for me. I'm done. My annual pass was up June 17, and I didn't even renew it. First time in probably 15 years or more.

Unfortunately, I have not found a new home. :sad1: Nothing will ever be like VMK. I was at Disney's Hollywood Studios last weekend and I went into the One Man's Dream attraction, where among the beautifully detailed display models of the icons of each theme park stood a display dedicated to the electronic frontiers of Disney. Inside the display was a computer, playing a movie about VMK. I couldn't move. I just watched that movie loop and loop and loop. I didn't cry because I'm past that feeling in regards to VMK, but that movie just fascinated me, like a shiny toy mesmerizes a kid even though they know they can't have it.

I haven't even heard from my one best friend in over 2 weeks. :( I hope others are having a better time of it than I am.

wow :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter