name a difference between your Christmas this year compared to last year?

Last year I was stuck in an LA airport hotel for three days after a cruise and didn't get home until after Christmas. I was hosting Christmas for the family. Had to call them and let them all know that they needed to find something else to do on Christmas.

Last year… historic 3 day blizzard, 60+ MPH winds, 22” of snow in 1 day, 50” total for the storm, 47 deaths, families all separated for the holiday.
This year…6” of snow total so far this season. Predicted temp for Christmas Eve & Day… 46 & 54! Families will be celebrating together

Won’t have any of my adult children for Christmas dinner. Nor the grandkids. However we have the whole group for Christmas Eve. In laws and all require adjustments and concessions

All 7 of us will be together.
Last year DS, DIL and the grand kids were are DIL's parents house in TN.

Spending this year with an exchange of family members. Younger son and DGD are not here but the Australian family faction is.
Last year younger son and DGD were here and the Oz people were a distant memory.

Last edited:

We had plans but everything changed. We were supposed to be together with my two sons/family and their in-laws. One by one, someone in the family (adults and grandchildren) getting sick. Since my husband and my daughter-in-law's mom - are both having surgery next week (a day apart), we are all staying put in our own homes. Not taking any chances.

My daughter, son-in-law and grandson are still coming up for a late lunch on Christmas Eve. No one is sick. My son-in-law works from home and they have not really been out and about.

I don't want to jinx it, but last year we put off Christmas until January 3rd because our daughter was quarantining after a covid exposure. Fortunately, she did not get covid.

Much warmer this year. Last year we had 80+ hours of around 10 degree weather. That is super rare here. This year, it will be in the 60’s. Much better.

Last year I was part of a group of 5 in WDW, stayed in BLT 2 bedroom and AKL club level. Pampered people we were.

This year, cooking at home group of 4, pampered again.

Last year I worked both Christmas Eve and Day (Double shifts) I actually worked Thanksgiving too so I didn't really get any holiday time. This year I had off Thanksgiving and I was lucky that one of the other nurses needed last Sunday off so she is working for me on Christmas Eve so I actually have off this year. I do have to work Christmas though.

Quite a stark difference. Last year we were dealing with the snowy weather impacting our travel plans. This year we are dealing with our daughters post surgery recoveries. One daughter had surgery for her endometriosis and the other had a brain tumor removed the day before Thanksgiving.

Quite a stark difference. Last year we were dealing with the snowy weather impacting our travel plans. This year we are dealing with our daughters post surgery recoveries. One daughter had surgery for her endometriosis and the other had a brain tumor removed the day before Thanksgiving.
Sending healing vibes to your daughters. I hope they recover well.

I usually look forward to Christmas. This year I don’t even want to go. The uncle I disowned (misogynistic / chauvinistic jerk) along with my (now I know) backstabbing aunt and (just learned) drama-creating grandma—started drama about my mom that’s not true. Uncle called my dad and actually pulled the “you need to get a handle on your woman” line. Dad doesn’t like confrontation and then just rolls over and goes along when someone offers even the crappiest of apologies. Mom and I do not what to go to Christmas Eve yet dad is all “suck it up IT’S CHRISTMAS! God bless us everyone one”

Well us 2 Grinchy Scrooges say BAH HUMBUG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter