Name a series to binge-watch...or two!

Poldark
Timeless
Freaks and Geeks (unfortunately there is just one season)

I just googled Homefires. After being sucked into it and binge watching it over the last week I had no idea I was watching a show that had been cancelled. Open story lines that will never be resolved. I am so bummed. I thought I had to wait for the next season to appear on Prime or pay for it. ughhhh. It was so good.

Thought of a few more I loved: Hinterland, Bleak House, Requiem (currently watching, but really like it).

I just googled Homefires. After being sucked into it and binge watching it over the last week I had no idea I was watching a show that had been cancelled. Open story lines that will never be resolved. I am so bummed. I thought I had to wait for the next season to appear on Prime or pay for it. ughhhh. It was so good.
I loved the show too! I don't know why they cancelled it either. Especially loved the opening music. Supposedly they have continued the series in several books called Keep the Home Fires Burning. You can order it from Amazon. I haven't read them so can't comment. The series itself was based on or inspired by the book Jambusters.

I'm not sure it counts, but the Stargate series are compelling. Universe especially - only went on for 2 series and the episodes oftne left you hanging. Atlantis was also good. SG-1 is the classic, but it's not built for binge watching. More of a staple, something to watch on a regular basis, not all in one sitting!

All on Netflix
Frontier
The Crown
When Calls the Heart
The People vs. OJ
Penny Dreadful
Gilmore Girls

Since Netflix took off Last Man Standing, I bought the series of that plus Home Improvement. Going to buy The Middle next.

HBO: Westworld, Sex &T City, GoT

Fringe, I forgot Fringe. So good.

The Crown
The Good Wife
The Alienist (just amazing series -- only 10 episodes)
Stranger Things
Nip/Tuck
Six Feet Under (one of the best finales ever)
Breaking Bad (well worth it)
Parks and Rec
Mad Men
Big Bang Theory
Seinfeld (a classic)
Homeland (very relevant)
VEEP
Shameless (it can get annoying and you get pissed off at the characters, but their lives are mesmerizing LOL)
E.R. (just for the handsome young Clooney if nothing else LOL)
Chicago Hope (an oldie but goodie)

Can't recommend Lost, Boardwalk Empire or Dexter because (in my opinion) their finales were totally lame

I had no idea. I watched on PBS and just assumed it was coming back.

We loved Godless on Netflix and the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon.

Yeah..the ending was a mess but the first few seasons were great.

Except that most of what was in the first couple of years were never resolved, explained or followed through :headache:

My DH and DD sat with me for the finale (they gave up on it early on) and with only 20 minutes left, I came to the sudden realization that this was not going to end well and nothing was going to be resolved. I was so mad that I had wasted 6 years watching it and feel they really stole it from the fans and accomplished nothing.

I am really upset to read above that "Homefires" didn't conclude. I have the second season in my Netflix queue and now I know I'm going to be frustrated. Surprised at the BBC as they usually do a better job of ending their series.

Anyone besides me aggravated and confused by Boardwalk's ending? I won't give anything away, but it was "unexplainable" to say the least.

Oh, my family gave me these sets for Christmas:

Downton Abbey should not be missed
Beauty and the Beast (the original series with Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman)
Mr. Bean
Black Adder

The Alienist author wrote another book called "Angel of Darkness" which brings the main characters back together for an infant kidnapping. I really hope they keep the sets and wardrobes and do that one, too. (The sets, BTW, were the same ones used for "The Nick" with Clive Owen.)

"Wings" -- great show and great cast. I used to love "Here Come the Brides" -- a 60's show. Wish Robert Brown had done more.

Last edited:
If you’re willing to read subtitles Narcos is well worth it. Some comedies Parks and Rec and the Good Place

Stranger Things
One Day At A Time
Santa Clarita Diet
Hemlock Grove
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Everything S*cks
Shameless

VEEP!! It's on HBO on demand.

I love it just as much as Seinfeld, which I consider the best comedy series ever. Julia Louis Dreyfus is so darn talented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter