Name one quirky thing you do

I open the windows in my bedroom in the Fall/Winter & put on the fan, so its really cold in there, & bundle up with 5 blankets on my bed. It's how I sleep the best.

What's the quirkiest thing you do?

I can't leave bubbles in a sink..it grosses me out. I can't even wash my hands in a sink that has someone else's bubbles in it. I'll run the water to clear the sink, then use it.

I do both these things!!

I have to make sure all the toilet lids are down. I am afraid of snakes. I remember reading an article years ago warning an apartment complex that the python was on the loose and could be in the pipes. I think it was in NYC.

I have never forgotten it. I live in a somewhat rural area, on a septic system, I am still wigged out.

I open the windows in my bedroom in the Fall/Winter & put on the fan, so its really cold in there, & bundle up with 5 blankets on my bed. It's how I sleep the best.

What's the quirkiest thing you do?
We could be married!We like our bedroom like Scotland at night-cold,dark,and windy!

I count every time I go up and down the steps.

I too wait for a full step before getting on to an escalator.

I pick up things with my toes, I can use them like fingers to pinch. My ex hated when I pulled his leg hair lol

eating out really skeeves me out. It's the thought of eating off of dishes and utensils that strangers have used, and of strangers preparing my food for me. I wasn't always like this, it happened after i got food poisoning from eating bad food at a catered wedding reception.

I have to make the bed too and there cannot be any wrinkles in the sheets. Drawers and cupboards must be closed. I can't handle the closet to be open even a crack. In my kitchen, basement stairs and upstairs stairs there is a light switch at one end and another at the other end. I will go back down and flip the switch if they are the wrong way. Flipped down is supposed to be off. Flipped up is supposed to be on. It's just weird if it's the other way. I always reload the dishwasher and refold the towels because I'm the only one that does them right.

I like to get into a bed that is made. I think it makes sense because when it's not made, the covers are usually all on my husband's side of the bed.
I always shut drawers and cabinet doors that are open.
I have to clean up right after a meal and put everything away.
I will never look into the bathroom mirror at night if the light is off.
I can't leave my leg or arm hanging off of the bed because I have a fear of something grabbing it.

I don't HAVE to make the bed, but I definitely prefer getting into a made bed - or better still, freshly changed sheets. I feel I ever win lottery, fresh sheets daily will be one of my extravagances.

I cannot get into an unmade bed. If DH has a day off and I can't make the bed before I go to work then I have to make it the first chance I have. I will literally make the bed and then get into it to go to bed. DH thinks I am nuts....lol

Me too!!! & my husband also thinks I'm nuts for it!!

I over analisze everything. Just a slight hesitation in your voice, I will figure out conversations you had with people 2 years ago and the truth to what you really think :crazy:

I use a lot of notes at work but if there is paper that is going to be tossed I use that instead of notepads. I just can't let the back of a piece of paper that is blank go unused.

Lol, I do this to my DH too. He can't stand open drawers or cabinets, so once in awhile if I leave for work after him I open them all. Now before you say how mean just know his obsession is so bad that when I cook if I step away for a minute he will be right there closing drawers & cabinets I am using. So turnabout is FairPlay :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm with you on scrap paper. I can't throw out a piece of paper that is only used on 1 side. In fact, I have a bunch of papers here at work that I use as scrap - why waste it? LOL

About the notes---I will take leftover worksheets from our classroom st the end of the six weeks and put a bunch with a blank side together and staple,all for corners then cut into four quarters to have 4 separate notepads!

I have a ton but the one that irritates my husband for some reason is that the volume on the radio must be set to an even number. In his truck, the volume doesn't have numbers so I have to play with it until I "feel" like it's at an even number.

I have a lot! My DH is always saying another of your rules!

But if I have to pick one its loading the dishwasher. I've been doing it the same way for 25 years, why can't the people in my house catch on? Top rack; cups and glasses on the right, cereal bowls and plastic dishes on the left. Bottom rack; soup and salad bowls on the right, dinner plates on the left. I get all kinds of crazy when they load ie..dinner plate, salad bowl on the same side. I like to keep them all symmetrical. I'm forever taking everything out and re-loading it correctly!

About the notes---I will take leftover worksheets from our classroom st the end of the six weeks and put a bunch with a blank side together and staple,all for corners then cut into four quarters to have 4 separate notepads!

I write all over envelopes that we get mail in. They're good for writing down phone numbers and other quick little jots.

Ok my DH just reminded of another When I get my Starbucks coffee, the logo, sleeve and the drinking hole have to line up. The barista must think I am checking his work, nope just a thing

I have to make sure all the toilet lids are down. I am afraid of snakes. I remember reading an article years ago warning an apartment complex that the python was on the loose and could be in the pipes. I think it was in NYC.

I have never forgotten it. I live in a somewhat rural area, on a septic system, I am still wigged out.

Yes!

I used to be able to get up in the night & go to the bathroom w/o turning on the light. Well, we were on vacation several years ago in Florida, &, in the local paper, there was a story about a man finding a snake curled up inside the bowl of the toilet. And, ever since THEN, I now have to turn the light on so I can be sure there aren't any snakes before I sit down.

I over analisze everything. Just a slight hesitation in your voice, I will figure out conversations you had with people 2 years ago and the truth to what you really think :crazy:

Oh, me too! I am the Queen of Over Analyzing. And, just like you said, the slightest hesitation in someone's voice, & my mind starts worrying & ruminating.

I have a lot! My DH is always saying another of your rules!

But if I have to pick one its loading the dishwasher. I've been doing it the same way for 25 years, why can't the people in my house catch on? Top rack; cups and glasses on the right, cereal bowls and plastic dishes on the left. Bottom rack; soup and salad bowls on the right, dinner plates on the left. I get all kinds of crazy when they load ie..dinner plate, salad bowl on the same side. I like to keep them all symmetrical. I'm forever taking everything out and re-loading it correctly!

I'm very proud of my dishwashing loading skills, & I don't understand WHY the rest of my family can't do it my way.

I will unload the dishwasher & rearrange the dirty dishes to be sure they're all arranged properly.

I always put web pages back to the top before I click off of them. It's as if I'm fixing it for the next person, like if I don't do it, you'll have to read whichever post I was just on. I couldn't do that to you guys! :flower3:

I do that too and DH thinks I am nuts. I will even make it up with him in it if he goes to bed before me.

One of my 'things' is I have to wait until a step is completely even before stepping onto an escalator. I never knew it wasn't normal until I was traveling with a coworker and he busted out laughing at me waiting for the escalator step to get 'right'.

DH will make up the bed with me in it also. If we are watching tv in bed and I get up to go to the bathroom, he will get up again and remake the bed because he doesn't like any wrinkles in it....lol.

The escalator thing is definitely me! I wait until the step is even. Going up isn't too bad but coming down really freaks me out. I have to be the last person to get on the escalator also because I don't want anyone behind me, rushing me. I do have a good reason for it though.....when I was 10, I got stuck on the escalator with one foot on the escalator and the other one still back at the top. This was at JFK with a LOT of people trying to get on the escalator and I still have not forgotten it 40 years later!

In my kitchen, basement stairs and upstairs stairs there is a light switch at one end and another at the other end. I will go back down and flip the switch if they are the wrong way. Flipped down is supposed to be off. Flipped up is supposed to be on. It's just weird if it's the other way.

Our kitchen has light switches on both sides because there's two doors into the kitchen. It drives me crazy when they aren't the right way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter