Name one thing - that you enjoyed most from your last cruise..

I discovered that little outdoor deck at the Meridian bar on the Dream. It's really lovely out there watching the ocean with a nice cocktail.

That's my favorite place to have a cocktail or a coffee in the morning, in the entire ship.
And few ppl know about it.. it's a lovely place.

I don't know that I can pick any one thing out as the best thing of the cruise, but if I were back on the ship right now, I would want to be either:

1) On the veranda sitting in the shade with a drink watching the ocean
2) In the rainforest room getting sprayed with Caribbean Storm and then heading into the sauna and/or hot tub.

I felt a little underwhelmed by the rainforest room while there, but wow would it feel great if I could just hop back in there right now for 45 minutes or so!

There are so many things we loved. Top moment is a toss up between 2 times. As soon as we got on board and got our first ice cream cones we turned to walk toward a table. DD6 said "but Mom you have to pay." Her face when I said no I don't was priceless and she knew she was in for a great time. My other favorite was with Captain Hook. We got in line for Peter Pan but were told it would switch to Captain Hook before our turn, fine. DD starts giving him all kinds of crap for being a sneaky snook. This picture sums it up. He tried to take her tiara! I loved how much the characters interact but this one was extra awesome. Then we went upstairs to see Mickey on the balcony and she had to tell him about Captain Hook being on his ship and showed Mickey where he was.

It won't let me attach the better picture, she's leaning over more and really letting him have it.

Attachments

• 845-85785306-Classic O Captain Hook 3 MS-54789_GPR.jpg
    845-85785306-Classic O Captain Hook 3 MS-54789_GPR.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 68

On our Panama Canal cruise Jimmy was the cruise director and on the last night he invited us to meet all the characters before they went out for the "Till we Meet Again" party in the atrium. My son was in awe...well so I was I!

I agree with an earlier poster...for me it was the sleeping. I love my WDW vacations, but they are all go, go go, stay up late for fireworks, set an alarm and get up early for rope drop, etc.

When I get on the ship, I turn off the alarms and just enjoy so much laying down to sleep in those comfortable beds being rocked to sleep gently and having nothing to worry about.

They both relate to horns, oddly. Our last cruise was a Western Caribbean on the Fantasy. At Grand Cayman, we were on the top deck admiring the view before going down to the tender boat. All of a sudden, the Mickey horn sounded, but from quite far away....off to port was the Magic, sailing in to Grand Cayman as well! Both ships then had a horn battle. It was amazing.

Later, our last full day was on May 4th.....and as we left Castaway, the horn played all Star Wars tunes - the main theme, the Imperial March, and the Jedi theme I believe. I was hoping they would do something to celebrate May the 4th, even though it wasn't a SWDAS cruise.

Where were you doing ballroom dancing? The only 'real' dancing my wife and I have ever done was in a tiny corner of La Piazza while they had some live music.
Apparently on the longer cruises (TransLant, Panama Canal and the 11 Day Caribbean) they do Ballroom Dancing. During the day we met in the Tube for an hour. Did Waltz, Rumba, ChaCha, Swing and more. At night, we had ~45minutes int he atrium (loads of fun) and one night they covered the pool, had all the live musicians on deck and we had a (real) dance party on deck for a few hours. Total blast. Mostly adults and quite a few of the 1820 crowd (which added some more fun). Willem & Natalia were great leaders adding fun with great teaching.

Our last one was Alaska, so I'd have to say the views and the wildlife. So beautiful!!

Apparently on the longer cruises (TransLant, Panama Canal and the 11 Day Caribbean) they do Ballroom Dancing. During the day we met in the Tube for an hour. Did Waltz, Rumba, ChaCha, Swing and more. At night, we had ~45minutes int he atrium (loads of fun) and one night they covered the pool, had all the live musicians on deck and we had a (real) dance party on deck for a few hours. Total blast. Mostly adults and quite a few of the 1820 crowd (which added some more fun). Willem & Natalia were great leaders adding fun with great teaching.
I'm about to embark on the WBTA and would love to try some of the Ballroom Dancing if it is offered. It is just me and DD12 sailing. Can you still do the ballroom dancing if you don't have a partner?

Last cruise was just me and DS (7) to spend time together after my busy season at work. I let him dictate the schedule. No Key West? Ok. No Nassau? Ok. No dining rooms? Ok. Played tons of foosball and ping pong and went to the movies. It was absolutely not our typical cruise and it was terrific.

So many great things but this tops it;
We cruised on the Wonder to AK about 8 years ago. When we first got on the boat my two kids were moping in deck chairs, sure that this was going to be a boring time. We made a rule then and there; you couldn't say, "I don't want to". You could say, "I would rather", but there was no being bored, doing nothing. BTW - this is a GREAT rule for any family trip.

So the cruise embarks, and my son buys in immediately - he's having a blast. My daughter is on the spectrum (Aspergers) and has a hard time with any social interaction, let alone kids she does not know, so she's doing OK, but not having the time of her life. We all go to the stage show (Toy Story I think), and they have a magician come on to preview his show for the next night. My daughter lights up - we HAVE to go see the magician!

GREAT! We get to the show early because, another little quirk my daughter had at the time, we had to sit in the front row. We're in our seats and she is REALLY enthusiastic. The magician sees her when he asks for volunteers and takes her on stage.

Stop for a second and appreciate how HUGE this is! She, to this day, doesn't have a lot of friends because she is so shy around strangers - yet SHE IS STANDING ON STAGE! She kills it - absolutely steals the show, dancing around, making it hard for the magician to do the rope trick he has set up with her and another little boy - but the trick is a success, and we are ecstatic. My whole family is noticed like celebrities the rest of the cruise - all the way to the airport back in Seattle.

I really wish I could remember the magicians name because I really want him to know how life-changing that one little thing was. He did a rope trick with the two kids, and did another trick where he drew a face on a piece of paper and made the face talk. What I really loved about the cruise was there was lots to do and I could find time to spend with each of my kids, and my wife, individually - something we just don't get to do all that often. Asked to pick one thing though? The magician - hands down.

Was it Magic Dave?
https://magicdaveshow.com/
He has been on a ton of Disney cruises, and he kills it! The kids love him, and he has some adult humor that goes over the kids head, so the adults are very entertained.

I'm about to embark on the WBTA and would love to try some of the Ballroom Dancing if it is offered. It is just me and DD12 sailing. Can you still do the ballroom dancing if you don't have a partner?

Yep. They paired up the un-partnered, or danceed with Willem and and Natalia. Same sex dancing was totally Ok as Willem is a national champion for same sex dancing. Highly recommended

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter