Name one thing we should REALLY avoid...

Vivig

<font color=teal>Addicted to DISboards<br><font co
Thought I would take a different spin to the questions usually asked....So if you had to mention ONE thing or place to avoid for food what / where would it be....From my recollection the Turkey legs did not look too appealing:scared:

I hardly ever see a good review about food from the commisary at MGM. We have never eaten there. Can't even say we like the smell that comes out when people open the door etc. We always skip past it and go somewhere else, like backlot express.

Don't judge a turkey leg by its cover.. I thought it looked vile at first, but later... well, curiosity got the better of me, so I tasted dh's leg (TURKEY, that is!) In no time flat, dd and I had devoured it and dh was back in line for another. Our 2 boys love em too.

But back to original post idea -- what to avoid -- well, personally, I avoid any "ears of corn". Those things are truly gnarly. If I see "corn on cob" listed on menu, I ask for a substitute. It's a yellow, starchy cylinder of yuckness.

I also thought Pinocchio Haus was a HUGE waste of time and buckage. I'd rather go to a sit-down meal or grab from a cart outside -- it was awfully crazy in there, all for some costly dogs and fries.

Japan Yakitori in the WS at Epcot. It is really the only BAD food we have ever gotten at WDW. It was cold and hard and we really could not eat it and we are not really that picky. Should have taken it back but we did not.

Jordan's mom

Hmmm...

I think my two would be the "Breakfast Pizza" I had once at the All Star food court and ANYTHING from the Liberty Inn at Epcot. Blah---

Solotraveler:earsboy:

I say ... just avoid eating off property. Its a really big time waster and takes away from your "Disney Magic".

I am also not a big fan of the pizza at POR. We tried it in Dec. '99 and we have been afraid to try pizza anywhere else on property. Just not good....

Gee, we liked the POFQ pizza and Spoodles take out pizza.

Coral Reef! - Just don't do it!
Fulton's Crab House at DD- UGH!, UGH! and UGH!!!!
Don't get me wrong, we love seafood, but just not at these places! The service was also horrible.
OH MY GOSH! I forgot Chefs de France still leaves us shuddering. The food was all right but the service was scary!

We will probably never return to:

ABC Commissary (yucky)
Cantina de San Angel (ice cold and yucky)
Coral Reef (sooooo overpriced, and I am from NJ and immune to sticker shock)

Tony's Townsquare at MK--Spaghetti doesn't need to be that pricey, and it shoudl not be green and go "crunch":rolleyes:
The Ice cream social at Garden Grill for just a few dollars more the family can have an entire meal--this is the price with drinks and tip added of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter