Name something you don't know how to do and most do

I can't snap with my left hand. And still when telling DH directions say the wrong direction. I'll say turn left when I really mean right and I know it's right. It drives him nuts.

I can't light a lighter either. It hurts my finger.:sad2:
I can't mow the lawn. I gues I could if I tried, but that is DH's job.:thumbsup2
I can't bake brownies. I have never in my life baked brownies that weren't hard on the edges and raw in the middle. :confused3
I can't shoot a gun. Well, I've never really tried though. I do know how to cha-chick (I had another word here but it got bleeped out) a shot gun though. DH says a burglar won't stick around to see if I know how to shoot it.:rotfl:

I don't know how to ride a horse even though I've wanted to since I was a child. I did once with friends in Mexico on the beach, but it wasn't fun at all since I didn't know how, the guide didn't speak English, and one of my friends was horribly allergic to horses.

I can't style my hair.Tolerate little children who are trying to be cute and are just being pills.

I have worn my hair very short and straight for most of my life, so it hasn't been a huge problem. But on the few times that I have grown it out I have NEVER been able to use a curling iron on my hair the right way. I get all turned around backwards in the mirror and turn the curling iron the opposite way I mean to because of the backwardness :confused3. Luckily I look best with short, straight hair.

I also am not excited and can't pretend to be excited about holding babies and talking to them whether in baby talk or not.

Pardon me if someone mentioned this, but

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do multiple quotes around here! :rotfl:

Look down in the bottom right-hand corner of my post. See that thing that looks like quotation marks? All you have to do as you read through a thread is hit that button on anyone's post that you want to quote. It doesn't matter if you change pages - it will still keep track. Then when you finally hit "reply", all of those quotes will be in your post :). I have been on the DIS since 2002, but I only learned that in the past couple of years.

I can't use an iPhone/Blackberry or one of those touchscreen phones.

I love the line in the Sex & the City movie when Carrie says, "I don't know how to use this," and hands the phone back to Samantha.

I found an iPhone in the back of a cab once. Instead of giving it to the cab driver, who might either put it in lost & found at his cab's office, way out in Queens, or more likely, eBay it off since I know they go for big bucks, I tried to find the owner myself.

Since I had never worked a touchscreen phone before, it took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to work it. The phone even rang 5 minutes after I had it, (probably the owner,) but I couldn't figure out how to answer it. :headache: I was able to find the "Mom" number, but I figured she may be elderly and freak out, not knowing where her son was.

I finally found the cell's own phone number, and left a message for the owner, thinking he'd check his messages some time, then he could call me back at MY number.

After about an hour, the phone rang again. I answered it. It was the owner's partner. Turned out they lived only 10 blocks from where I work (and where I had gotten into the cab.) So I was able to leave the phone in a padded envelope for them at the security desk at my building. :thumbsup2

I can't ride a bike- never learned, parents didn't want me riding around on our busy street so they just avoided it. It's better that way seeing as I have no sense of balance and have fallen terribly and failed on every single attempt to learn.

I also can't whistle like many others here.

Look down in the bottom right-hand corner of my post. See that thing that looks like quotation marks? All you have to do as you read through a thread is hit that button on anyone's post that you want to quote. It doesn't matter if you change pages - it will still keep track. Then when you finally hit "reply", all of those quotes will be in your post :). I have been on the DIS since 2002, but I only learned that in the past couple of years.

:scared1: Thank you, I had no idea either.

I can't roll my R's. When I was little, I'd watch that Rollllling Wriiiiter commerical, and try and try. My mom told me I'd be able to do it when I grew up. She lied.

And..... I went to Cosmetology School, and cannot french braid to save my life. :confused3

I can't roll my R's. When I was little, I'd watch that Rollllling Wriiiiter commerical, and try and try. My mom told me I'd be able to do it when I grew up. She lied.

And..... I went to Cosmetology School, and cannot french braid to save my life. :confused3

:thumbsup2

That is funny...when I took a few cosmetology classes, french braiding was one of the only things I COULD do...I gave up real quick!

Kelly

Hi everybody, OP here....you guys are cracking me up. After reading your replies, I realize that I'm SO much more inept than I thought :lmao:

I also can't sew, keep a plant alive, style my hair, mow the lawn, manuever thru touchscreen phones (DD's might as well be top secret and needs clearance, I swear, I hate it), I'm also mathematically challenged.

Maybe we can all learn to face one fear or just try something we've mentioned...but if it's mowing the lawn, keep it to yourself so the men in your life won't know you can actually do it :laughing:

I can't dance, I've tried to teach myself to and my friends have aswell but I just can't keep to a rhythm for more than 2 beats. The odd thing is my band is an electro band who writes quite danceable music aswell :confused3.

Use a sewing machine, I remember in DT Textile lessons I accidently broke one of the machines trying to sew and after that the teacher wouldn't let me use a machine again :lmao:.

I can't run in trainers, I've never understood this one :confused3. I can run in converses, platform boots and barefoot but I can't while wearing trainers.

Oh my. I had no idea I can't do so many things.

I can't (or maybe never tried) do many things that are my husband's domaine:
grill, use a snowblower, change the car's oil, do long term financial planning, chop wood...

I guess I might be able to do some of them if I had to, but am happy that I don't have to!

Dbl post sorry. How do you delete one of these anywho?

I cannot for the life of me iron pleats!! Good thing I have no more pleated skirts. But when the kids graduated from pre-school and I had to iron their robes:scared:

Also I hate when people give me directions and tell me to head east or west I'm just like is that right or left? I totally get all confused when I get directions like that. At least the gps helps now and I don't encounter that as often anymore.

I cannot for the life of me, draw a straight even line, even with a straight edge. Nothing is ever even for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter