Name your pizza

* Uno's pizza, on Ohio Street in Chicago - Chicago Deep Dish Pizza - a Numero Uno with sausage, pepperoni, green peppers onions and mushrooms. It was my father's favorite pizza place.
* Vito and Nicks, on South Pulaski in Chicago - Chicago thin cracker crust pizza, cut in squares - a sausage and mushroom ... less is more with Vito and Nicks. A south side classic.
* Salvatore's Pies in Madison, WI - Fat Uncle Tony's, Pepperoni, Sausage, Jones Farm Bacon, Red sauce, Basil - my go-to for local pizza
* Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in New Haven CT, we had to wait in line for about 45 min but it was worth the wait!

* Uno's pizza, on Ohio Street in Chicago - Chicago Deep Dish Pizza - a Numero Uno with sausage, pepperoni, green peppers onions and mushrooms. It was my father's favorite pizza place.
* Vito and Nicks, on South Pulaski in Chicago - Chicago thin cracker crust pizza, cut in squares - a sausage and mushroom ... less is more with Vito and Nicks. A south side classic.
* Salvatore's Pies in Madison, WI - Fat Uncle Tony's, Pepperoni, Sausage, Jones Farm Bacon, Red sauce, Basil - my go-to for local pizza
* Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in New Haven CT, we had to wait in line for about 45 min but it was worth the wait!
You had me at cracker crust.

Peter Piper Pizza. It was the best pizza when I was a kid. They had this neat round glass oven where you could see the pizza's rotate around. I remember that they put corn meal on the bottom of the pizza's. It was a litter weird, but it made for a crunchier crust. Have not had one of their pizza's for 40 years or more, but I know they are still around.

I have yet to try it but I can't wait to get a pie from MOTO Pizza here in Seattle.

If you are wondering why I haven't tried it is because they have a 3 month waiting list :oops: Truth!! You just can't walk in and order pie like a typical pizzeria. You have sign up for a slot. They are that popular.

I do have an "in" with the owner to jump the line since I just signed a deal with them to supply reefer trucks for their biz. Gonna take the owner up on his offer but just didn't want to do it to soon.

Favorite pizza from childhood was Gigio's in Evanston, Illinois (north suburb of Chicago)

View attachment 809948
I live three blocks south of that corner. Same street, Maple Ave.

Lou Malnati's. Chicago area. Deep dish, Malnati's style, with butter crust.
I grew up practically around the corner from the Lincolnwood original. I always have one or two frozen Lou's pizzas in the freezer. In 45 minutes I can have a fresh pizza that tastes just like it does in the restaurants.

I live three blocks south of that corner. On Maple Ave.

I grew up practically around the corner from the Lincolnwood original. I always have one or two frozen Lou's pizzas in the freezer. In 45 minutes I can have a fresh pizza that tastes just like it does in the restaurants.
I miss it terribly ... I lived in Evanston for 10 years (went to Dawes Elementary and Chute Middle Schools) - was moved to Elgin (by parents) before going to ETHS, and moved myself back to Evanston when in my 20s ...

We were fortunate to always have a lot of good pizza places around. Difficult to select just one place as an absolute favorite. We usually had a plain cheese pie growing up. Later in life I discovered coal fired, Marguerite and white pizza, As well as regional differences within the state including crusts that are crispy ( almost like a cracker) and tomato pies.

Now if you had asked for a favorite for zeppole and calzones (mainly because they deep fry them) that I could do!

I am not too picky when it comes to pizza. I live in Florida, so if I were picky, I would never eat pizza at all. There is a pizzeria named DiLorenzo’s over in Cape Canaveral that is pretty good, as well as one named Zarrellas. I grew up on delicious homemade pizza, so I don’t have any nostalgic places to go back to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter