Napa Rose availability

Well out of all crazy odds they picked up THE moment I hit post!
Very slim pickings for late October (for a party of 3 they only had like three days all past October like 10th). For a party of 2 I was able to get dessert counter (all that was left) for October 23rd!
(I’m currently solo but trying to get someone to join me if possible… if any other solo people wanna hit the chefs counter check back closer to that date and if I haven’t found anyone I’ll share the reservation!)

Apparently things have changed a little. Instead of two seatings it’s a single seating and seven course instead of five! That immediately cuts the amount of nightly seats in half! I was able to book for 7:30 but she said any time between 5:30 and 7:30. $150/person which still to me is a steal of a price!

Oh man!! It’s also only Fri, Sat, Sunday now!! She said maybe it’ll open up again to nightly but right now just those days every week. So does that mean like ~54 people A WEEK get to experience this now and no more?! Crazy! I was about to change my flights on October 15th to squeeze in a second booking but that day is packed already.

If anyone else calls and makes reservations (or inquires about them) could you also ask if they’ve opened it up to all days of the week and post back here? I don’t want to “harass” them by calling every few days to check, but it’ll kill me if midweek they start doing it again and I don’t realize that. My weekends are booked with Disney Halloween party or Universal Halloween Horror nights, so if I want to squeeze in a second meal it’s a Mon or Wed only…

Oh man!! It’s also only Fri, Sat, Sunday now!! She said maybe it’ll open up again to nightly but right now just those days every week. So does that mean like ~54 people A WEEK get to experience this now and no more?! Crazy! I was about to change my flights on October 15th to squeeze in a second booking but that day is packed already.

If anyone else calls and makes reservations (or inquiries about them) could you also ask if they’ve opened it up to all days of the week and post back here? I don’t want to “harass” them by calling every few days to check, but it’ll kill me if midweek they start doing it again and I don’t realize that. My weekends are booked with Disney Halloween party or Universal Halloween Horror nights, so if I want to squeeze in a second meal it’s a Mon or Wed only…
Dang!! I was hoping to reserve, but my sister and I will only be there on non-counter days. Maybe more will open up before Dec??

Dang!! I was hoping to reserve, but my sister and I will only be there on non-counter days. Maybe more will open up before Dec??
They’re only booking till end of October right now (from what I understand.)

Sounds like things could change between now and end of October so past that I absolutely think there could be a chance things change.

Chefs Counter is crazy popular even on weekdays (was always packed plus hard to get reservations months in advance) so the demand is there. Could still be a staffing thing… I don’t see why they wouldn’t have it every night, though it’ll probably stay as a single booking and seven course. She mentioned before people had to worry about getting done and out before the second seating. It always felt like enough time for me, but possibly a party of three or four might be slower and run into some time crunches…

Hi All! following along since I just booked my DL reservation in May. Its been ages since Ive eaten at Chefs Counter but it is my favorite. From what I remember and gather, you can book 60 days in advance, the number to call is (714)300-7170, you can call anytime and leave a message and they will get back to you. Am I correct on all of that? Also, do they have the counter every day or certain days a week?

*edit* I just saw above that they only book Fri, Sat and Sun. Thats a bummer. I arrive on Sunday. Hopefully, that will change by May.

Last edited:
Hi All! following along since I just booked my DL reservation in May. Its been ages since Ive eaten at Chefs Counter but it is my favorite. From what I remember and gather, you can book 60 days in advance, the number to call is (714)300-7170, you can call anytime and leave a message and they will get back to you. Am I correct on all of that? Also, do they have the counter every day or certain days a week?

*edit* I just saw above that they only book Fri, Sat and Sun. Thats a bummer. I arrive on Sunday. Hopefully, that will change by May.
I spoke to them again just the other day and confirmed again that it's only F-Su. I followed up asking if that was just a "new thing" or due to COVID restrictions. I was told it was to ensure the best experience for the Chefs Counter people by allowing enough staffing to be on those days.... so it sounds like it wasn't a blanket change and was more short staff type thing and getting bodies on days they need. Doesn't mean they won't leave it this way, but I'm hoping it'll return to every day of the night. On the last earnings call they said by the end of the year they expect staffing to be back at normal levels.

This books out two months in advance, so it can be more than sixty days. For example, on September 1st they book all of September, all of October, and all of November. But on September 30th they're still only booking out October and November. You need to call within the first couple days of the month for any chance. Since there is now only one seating a night it's extremely reduced, right now due to COVID I think there are 12 seats a night, pre-covid I think they sat 6 people per section, so 18 a night with one seating. The one seating thing sounds like it's here to stay (at least for awhile) since they added two courses to the meal and mentioned they wanted to elevate the experience and give a more relaxed atmosphere so you didn't feel rushed; spoiler alert, it already took like two hours or more before, so I personally never felt rushed...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter