Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Carthay Circle

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Both

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

AnnMichele

Mouseketeer
Long time WDW visitor finally going to DL for the first time. Traveling with my best friend (sans kids) and I want to do at least one nice meal. We’re between Napa Rose and Carthay Circle. What do you think?

Carthay Circle. Old Hollywood atmosphere x 100. You'll look around to see if Walt Disney himself is in the room. Have a Scotch Mist cocktail, Walt's drink of choice.

Splurge on a bottle of Fess Parker or MacMurray Estate wine to complete the experience.

We love both. Obviously if you want to eat at Carthay Circle you'll need park admission. We give the edge to Napa Rose, but they are both very good.

I voted for both. But if you can only do one, do whichever you can get a reservation for. And if you can get a reservation for either one, I'd suggest Carthay Circle. Napa Rose is a wonderful hotel restaurant, but Carthay Circle is the best restaurant inside a Disney park in the world (Club 33 excluded).

I voted Carthay Circle, but would also say that the best option would be to choose one for a meal in the restaurant and go to the lounge of the other for drinks and/or appetizers.

I often find the people at NR to be kind of snooty. I don't know why, as I feel I dress nicely, am friendly, and go in with a positive view. Some of the people there are great, but others are downright rude/absent. I've given it 3 tries in the last few years and have given up. The worst is being ignored; I guess 2 older women are somewhat invisible there.

I voted Napa Rose but Carthay Circle is another one we love going to so you can't go wrong with either. I will echo others and say that if you can, book NR for a meal and go to Carthay Lounge for drinks and snacks!

You will get beautiful food and excellent service at the Napa Rose. We have loved the Carthay, but in my family's experience, service has been spotty since covid.

Our first post covid visit, we were seating at least 45 minutes past our reservation time. We were seated in the lounge, but were not allowed to order food or drinks! Weird since a group right next to us sure had a lot of food in front of them. I got a sense that at least one of them was an off-duty CM, but I wasn't sure. Once we were finally seated, our server was lovely, and he was really busting his hump. But the food took forever to arrive once we ordered! Our server warned us, but it was just unbelievable. The restaurant seemed to be bursting at the seams when we arrived, and it was practically empty by the time our meal was done. They at least gave us the courtesy of calling Trader Sam's so we wouldn't miss our reservation.

On our second attempt, we did not realize that the restaurant had closed at some point during the middle of the day. We checked in on the app and waited in a shady spot at Carsland for our text. After 15 minutes, I got a weird feeling, so we went to check on our table. We were told that we should have gotten a cancellation email which did not happen. The worst part about it was that the CMs did not seem to care one bit other than offer a half-assed shoulder shrug. They said that we might be able to get a table at Wine Country, but they made no phone calls on our behalf. We immediately walked over to the other restaurant only to be turned away. We told the CMs there that maybe they should reach out to the Carthay so they stopped sending people their way. We were met with a blank stare. 🙄

We are going to give the Carthay one last shot when we go to the Dis event in August, but we are saving our special meal for the Napa Rose in October. I have always enjoyed that place so I really hope they have gotten it together.

Food at Napa has never been that great compared to what you tend to expect. Personnally I think most reviews are elevated a few notches becuase of the general difficulty of getting a reservation.
Very hit and miss. Carthay circle is more fun.
If you are a big drinker, Napa may be for you.

We just got back from a DL trip and ate at both Napa Rose and Carthay. Napa didn't miss a beat - the food was good and the service was excellent. Carthay was the opposite. The food didn't excite and our server was a ghost (as in we never saw him).

We just got back from a DL trip and ate at both Napa Rose and Carthay. Napa didn't miss a beat - the food was good and the service was excellent. Carthay was the opposite. The food didn't excite and our server was a ghost (as in we never saw him).
Sad face for Carthay. I am really hoping for a different outcome on my upcoming visit. Should NR ever change for the worse, my husband will be hugely bummed out. He had a corn ravioli last year that I still have to hear about :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter