Napa Rose

Eean

Earning My Ears
Going to DL this summer and was curious if anyone has experienced the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose? Wondering if we should pay the extra money to do this or eat in the regular dining room instead?

We've done it several times and feel it is worth every penny. It's our date night and a fantastic evening. We were in the dining room recently and vowed never again as the Chef's Counter is far superior.

Mike

We haven't done the chef's counter, but have done the equivalent menu when we've dined there and it was great but I imagine still not the same experience. We have done the Chef's Counter at Flying Fish at WDW and highly recommend it. The extra service and great seating of the Chef's Counter is truly a wonderful experience and if you've never had similar I'd encourage it.

We've done it several times and feel it is worth every penny. It's our date night and a fantastic evening. We were in the dining room recently and vowed never again as the Chef's Counter is far superior.

Mike
Thanks Mike! This is good to know. This will be our first trip to DL and since we live in the east, we may not visit again for a long time. I want this to be a special experience!

Wonderful experience. If you do it, be sure to budget 2-2.5 hours. We did not know what to expect and cut it too short for a show that night and ended up rushing to get out.

Great experience! Make sure you call the restaurant directly to book it not Disney Dining. I like doing the earlier (5:30pm) seating as you get to watch some kitchen prep and it's not as busy as the 2nd seating (8pm). Make sure you do the wine pairing flight that comes with it as well. Hopefully you're there on a night when Chef Gloria is running the kitchen...she's pretty amazing.

As indicated by several posters here, the general consensus is that the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose is worth it. I'll be the contrarian, as my wife and I don't think so. We love Napa Rose, and find the elegance of the main dining room is superior for us. Sitting almost in the kitchen (which would be the least desirable seat at any fine dining restaurant) was fun for a few minutes then just distracting. As others have said, the chefs will prepare a special tasting menu for you no matter where you sit, so you don't have to do the chef's counter to get that treatment.

Like I said, many people here at this website love the experience. I just wanted to share a different perspective.

Last edited:
...This will be our first trip to DL and since we live in the east, we may not visit again for a long time. I want this to be a special experience!
On your next visit to WDW, try the Victoria and Albert Chefs Table. One of the best meals DW and I have had, certainly a very special experience. There is a dedicated room attached to the kitchen, very intimate and surprisingly quiet.

As indicated by several posters here, the general consensus is that the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose is worth it. I'll be the contrarian, as my wife and I didn't. We love Napa Rose, and find the elegance of the main dining room is superior for us. Sitting almost in the kitchen (which would be the least desirable seat at any fine dining restaurant) was fun for a few minutes then just distracting. As others have said, the chefs will prepare a special tasting menu for you no matter where you sit, so you don't have to do the chef's counter to get that treatment.

Like I said, many people here at this website love the experience. I just wanted to share a different perspective.
I agree with you, too noisy and distracting. Once was enough.
Although we will not likely repeat the chefs counter, we have had excellent meals sitting at the bar (the lounge serves the full menu).

The Chef's table is much more of an interactive experience vs a intimate experience. If you are expecting quiet and and private you will be disappointed. They will leave you alone if desired but will interact quite a bit if you engage.

Best time we had was at the dessert counter. Spent the while meal chatting with the staff and the dessert chef while they were preparing all the desserts.

I agree with you, nonesuch, the Chef's Table at V&A's is the best meal my wife and I have ever had. Part of it is that we were the only two people in that private room. There's a window to the kitchen, so you can see the culinary magic taking place, but it's quiet and intimate when you want it to be. I also thought that Chef Hunnel was a gracious and hospitable guy who really seemed to enjoy both his time in the kitchen and his time with us. It's a totally different experience than the "chef's counter" at Napa Rose, that's for sure!

We've done Chef's Counter at Napa Rose twice and enjoyed them every time. We will do it again the next time we get out there, which unfortunately won't be for another year or so.

We enjoyed the interaction with the kitchen staff. We let the head chef decide what we would have for each course. We each let them know our likes and dislikes and just asked that we each got something different as well so we could sample things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter