Napa Valley?

kristindavis

Kristin
I'm traveling to Napa valley in late March. Hotels seem to be really pricey. Any advice on less expensive lodging?

Yes actually there are hotels in nearby Cordelia, California. A Homewood Suites is one of them. It should definitely be cheaper. There is also a Hilton Garden Suites and a Marriotts in nearby Fairfield, California. Home of Jelly Belly, where you can take tours, also Anheiser-Busch, and Sepay Olive oil. It's a nice place to visit. There are also winery's in Suisun Valley. Wow I should work for the tourist industry.:rotfl:

don't get sucked into staying at some of the places that advertise themselves as "gateways to the napa valley"-they tend to be down by marine world in vallejo (on admiral callahan or fairgrounds drive). these are not safe areas and prone to crime (and violence at times). there's at least one newer hotel in american canyon but i'de even steer clear of it-they had some issues with guns in the parking lot.

what kind of place are you looking for? dr. wilkinson's hot springs in calistoga (realy what people think of when they say "the napa valley":) as far as the wineries) has rooms that can be gotten for better rates than the more touristy places (and they've got kicking room/spa packages).

the room rates ARE crazy there-i've been communicating with the folks planning my class reunion (i grew up there) and we were talking about how one of the biggest deterants to attending will be lodging costs for those of us who no longer have family in the area. this past fall we went back for a wedding and we ended up "biting the bullett" and forking out more than we would have like to stay at embassy suites-but in the long run having the full free made to order breakfast every morning, 2 hours of free cocktails every nite, and a fridge/microwave saved us money in other areas (and if it's more than 2 people traveling it's sure nice that all the rooms are suites).

don't get sucked into staying at some of the places that advertise themselves as "gateways to the napa valley"-they tend to be down by marine world in vallejo (on admiral callahan or fairgrounds drive). these are not safe areas and prone to crime (and violence at times). there's at least one newer hotel in american canyon but i'de even steer clear of it-they had some issues with guns in the parking lot.

what kind of place are you looking for? dr. wilkinson's hot springs in calistoga (realy what people think of when they say "the napa valley":) as far as the wineries) has rooms that can be gotten for better rates than the more touristy places (and they've got kicking room/spa packages).

the room rates ARE crazy there-i've been communicating with the folks planning my class reunion (i grew up there) and we were talking about how one of the biggest deterants to attending will be lodging costs for those of us who no longer have family in the area. this past fall we went back for a wedding and we ended up "biting the bullett" and forking out more than we would have like to stay at embassy suites-but in the long run having the full free made to order breakfast every morning, 2 hours of free cocktails every nite, and a fridge/microwave saved us money in other areas (and if it's more than 2 people traveling it's sure nice that all the rooms are suites).

Your reasons are why I recommended where I did. I live in Fairfield and have for forty one years so I am real familiar with the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter