Nara Dreamland

By-Tor and Snow Pup

Mouseketeer
Have you ever heard of this place that was is in Japan called Nara Dreamland?
I never had until today. I don't know how to put links on here, but you should Google this place. I think any Disneyland fan would be interested in this.

Have you ever heard of this place that was is in Japan called Nara Dreamland?
I never had until today. I don't know how to put links on here, but you should Google this place. I think any Disneyland fan would be interested in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M-n7O8bT4A

This place is an epic fail.

Theres also another one in China that's similar but the owner insists that the characters in his park are all his original ideas. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-JULFxB0sk

I've seen it before....SO creepy!

It's like a bad alternate-reality Disneyland...where everything is shoddily built & the Park is abandoned :scared1:

I had an opportunity to visit, but chose the golden pavilion in Kyoto instead!
Dreamland in Australia is also eerily similar to DL in areas, but well maintained. The coolest thing was their version of the Country bear jamboree, with all native australian creatures.

Judy, do you mean Dreamworld in Queensland?? We had been there before visiting Disneyland in 2007 and enjoyed it, and we went again last year...the second visit I realised how many ideas they've stolen from DL, and not done very well!! (e.g. railroad, entrance building, river with riverboat, attempt at Main Street-type shopping area, etc). Some of the rides are OK, but it is so lacking in the detail and theming that make DL so great.

DH and I didn't enjoy the second visit much, we kept comparing everything to DL and realising how lame Dreamworld is and wishing we were back in DL instead. Unfortunately DL is a 14 hour flight away from us, while Dreamworld is an hour! (I'll be back in DL in January, I can't wait).

yes, Dreamworld. It was strange see tigers cavorting in the "main st" fountains!

I know what you mean, but i still get sentimental thinking of the "I still call Australia home" closing number at the "country bear" show.I like patriotic even if it isn't my own country!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter