Narcoosee’s Reopening April 1

I wouldn't recommend switching. Citricos is generally considered superior.

I like Citricos’ menu....but I really love Narcoossee’s; already there are several items I know I would order. If I do switch plans, I would definitely try Citricos next time - and since I’m an AP holder, it won‘t be all that far down the line.

The menu looks great. I’ve only been there once and it was my favorite Disney meal ever. We were planning to try Citricos but now I’m not sure. Maybe both? The Citricos entrees aren’t as appealing to me so maybe we’ll try Citricos lounge.

I'm also surprised, but very relieved, that it doesn't appear to be going the Prix Fixe route. To me, that's just Disney's way to get you to spend more money for your meal, if you're the type of person who has a small appetite. If DH and I really want to go to a restaurant that's prix fixe, we have to pay for a big meal and eat about half our food. Gone are the days of ordering an appetizer or two, maybe dessert. Hopefully, this doesn't mean we say "Goodbye" to Narcoose's.

Not sure how I feel about our favorite restaurant. My one thing that was always a go to, was the delicious filet mignon. But, I hate lobster. And I don't want a NY sirloin to substitute. I'm anxious to find out if you can just get a nice size filet like before, without lobster (and not that hefty $87 price tag wow). I'll wait for the reviews.

I wouldn't recommend switching. Citricos is generally considered superior.
I have an 8:10 p.m. ADR for Citricos that I want to move to around 7:00 p.m., so I’m hoping some people cancel Citricos to grab Narcoosee’s!

We’re pleasantly surprised that it’s not going prix fixe. We much prefer al a carte menus due to a food allergy. Waiting to see availability for a later April date for which we currently have a Citricos ADR. We had a wonderful dinner at Citricos last month (DW claims it was the best filet she’s ever had, including meals at WDW, aboard cruise ships, and at our local Morton’s steakhouse), but we are always interested in trying new or renovated restaurants at least once. We always enjoyed Narcoossee’s in the pre-Covid days.

First look inside the new Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort in Walt Disney World

Disney has shared a first look inside the new Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort opening April 1 2023.

Narcoossee's new-look dining room 2023

The signature restaurant has been refurbished with a new interior design and features an updated menu. Read more about the new menu.

Adding:

According to Blog Mickey -

Disney said that they aren’t done with construction in the space yet, and that “there may be select days in May and June where reservations are unavailable”.

Last edited:
There are basically no dates in April or May so not sure what they are doing. Its popular but not popular to the point every date is sold out. A few random dates with 8:00pm time slots showed up last week but since then, nothing

There are basically no dates in April or May so not sure what they are doing. Its popular but not popular to the point every date is sold out. A few random dates with 8:00pm time slots showed up last week but since then, nothing
Just read on Disney Parks Blog:
"Please note, because we are still putting finishing touches on Narcoossee’s, there may be select days in May and June where reservations are unavailable for this venue."

I guess that's playing a role in lack of avail however I wonder if those dates were already blocked out, or if they have to re-accommodate people?

Ohh this looks good. I looved Narcoossee's, it needed a little TLC. I am honestly just loving the apps and soups. I could do a whole meal with apps, soups and dessert with the new menu.

Wow, absolutely gorgeous ..love LOVE the blue banquettes and the windows looking out to the Iagoon

Just read on Disney Parks Blog:
"Please note, because we are still putting finishing touches on Narcoossee’s, there may be select days in May and June where reservations are unavailable for this venue."

I guess that's playing a role in lack of avail however I wonder if those dates were already blocked out, or if they have to re-accommodate people?
I have a reservation on 5/5 - I haven’t heard anything..

I was able to get reservations for my trip end of May.

Hard to tell but looks like the bar seating is still there. Earlier rumors were that it was being removed.

When you go in May, could you please ask if its possible to get the Filet Mignon without the lobster for the past price? I know, its a stretch, but I hate lobster.

We have an adr for next Friday, my DH will only want the fillet. I’ll try to remember to post if they let him just order that. If not, I guess I’ll be having lobster tail, lol.

Also, the room looks nice, but we’re always a party of 2, looks like those tables are now all in the middle & back, near the bar. Not the best location IMO. We’ve been seated along the windows & in other tables over the years. Hopefully we still will be.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter