Narcoossee's or Flying Fish for NYE

kevinmulh

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been here for New Year's Eve? Trying to learn more about whether Narcoossee's or Flying Fish are worth hitting up for their NYE celebrations/special menus. I'd like to think (and very much hope) drinks are included, both places seem fairly pricey.

Thanks!

Haven't eaten at either for NYE yet but have had other dinners at both restaurants.
Flying Fish has the more consistently good food and service for my observation.
Also haven't seen either eateries' NYE menu yet.

Last Christmas Eve we ordered some dishes from FF via BWI's room service as part of our first adult holiday w/o children: it was worthy all the way around:).

While we have not eaten at Flying Fish we have been to Narcoossee's and it was......well lets say, ok......

Service was good, food was standard run of the meal seafood, nothing special stands out or makes me want to go back for but at the end of the desert portion we were welcomed by some insect roach friends and were thrown off we paid and quickly left creeped out and just have no desire to go back, who knows how long they were there or still there.........FWIW......:oops:

Narcoosee's had the worst service we have ever experienced on property, FF has some of the best. It would be no contest for us - FF all the way.

Our experience is also FF being MUCH better than Narcoosee's. And get a reservation early enough to head over to Epcot for fireworks. (I'm assuming they're adding the previous New Year's tag onto Epcot Forever, though having just seen the final showing of IRoE it will take awhile for me to go watch that.)

Bruce

Normally, I would say Flying Fish. I think their food is much better than Narcoosee's. Narcoosee's wasn't awful when we went, but it wasn't wow either. That being said, for NYE, I think I'd want to be situated somewhere that I can see MK's fireworks. So, I might be more inclined to go with Narcoosee's.

I like the ff better than n but I’d rather be near the mk on New Year’s Eve for the fireworks so i’d choose n.
My top choice would be Cali grill. If you can get a ressie there, I highly recommend it!

Personally have had much better food and service at Flying Fish. Never had a bad meal at Narcoossees, but never had a great on either.
However, if you can time it right and be able to watch the fireworks on NYE, that would be a bonus for Narcoossees.
As a pp mentioned, my first choice would be California Grill.

We went to both in August and Flying Fish was better food, service, ambience basically everything. As for NYE it might depend which nighttime display you want to see as well

We just at at Narcoossee’s a couple of weeks ago and had amazing service. Wait staff was wonderful and the bar tenders we so awesome and friendly. The food was good not the best we’ve ever had but definitely a good meal. We didn’t get a chance to try flying fish, which I am dying to try. I would say Narcoossee would be an amazing spot to see the MK fireworks on New Year’s Eve. I don’t think you can go wrong with either. Enjoy!

Thanks for all the responses! I've eaten at both places years ago (both were great), I'm hopeful their NYE festivities are worth the cost. The descriptions are kind of light on details (other than cost), although I like that Narcoossee's includes fireworks viewing! Wasn't sure if anyone had been there for prior NYE meals?

As long as drinks are included I'm sure I'll be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter