Narcosee's...Reopening date???

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Less than a month to our window opens up for ADR's...we always love Narcosee's but know that it was closed for refurbishment recently...anyone have any insight of reopening plans??? Thanks!

Less than a month to our window opens up for ADR's...we always love Narcosee's but know that it was closed for refurbishment recently...anyone have any insight of reopening plans??? Thanks!
Late 2022/Early 2023 is all that was said. (Different sources have different opening time frames) I’m bummed we can’t go in November.

Are they redoing the entire place? Seems like a long time to be closed for minor renovations.

Are they redoing the entire place? Seems like a long time to be closed for minor renovations.
Wondering the same thing, they didn't announce much. Some are speculating it will return w/ a prix fix menu. Hopefully we'll get some details soon.

According to Blog Mickey back in June…

“Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be unavailable beginning July 14, 2022 as the location undergoes refurbishment. Reservations at Narcoossee’s will be available through July 13th, and we expect to return next year with an enhanced table service experience.”

People are assuming prix fix, since wording was similar when California Grill was being renovated. I believe they called it a “special dining experience” back then. I’d truly be disappointed if Narcoossee’s went that way.

Construction was in full swing during our stay at GF in August. All of the windows had black tarp in them and there were construction men everywhere. It did not appear, at that time, that work was being done on the outside. Hopefully we’ll hear announcements soon!

Wondering the same thing, they didn't announce much. Some are speculating it will return w/ a prix fix menu. Hopefully we'll get some details soon.
Hope not! Guess they don't want people sitting and having a bowl of soup and piece of cheesecake for dinner.

From what our favorite cast member was saying last time I was there before they closed...they are doing a MAJOR reno. The bar area is moving up front to where the kitchen is now, then the kitchen is moving further back (no word if it will still be the open kitchen), then a complete renovation of the dining space. Narcoosses is my favorite Disney restaurant so I can't wait to see what they do - I just hope they don't ruin the charm (looking at you Mizner's - and the Orchestra). Hope it's back open for a trip in late March for me!

I agree, DH and I are pretty nervous about this one. Narcoosee's has always been one of our favorites. We are are not fans of the prix fixe menus..we always order a couple of glasses of wine, an app, and an entree each. Neither of us has the appetite for dessert after all of that!

We have not been back to California Grill since their switch to prix fixe, even though we loved it there. I understand the challenges, and I know there are folks who would go there and order water and a flatbread to be able to see the fireworks. (much like the cupcake folks at BOG in the MK) I just wish that to solve the issue they could come up with some sort of minimum spend or something that would allow you to order what you want from a complete menu and not be forced into courses you don't want.

I'm really hoping Narcoosee's is handled like Citricos, which we have really enjoyed. The menu options are what we are looking for, and the theming is there but not in your face and appropriate for a Signature dining experience.

I agree, DH and I are pretty nervous about this one. Narcoosee's has always been one of our favorites. We are are not fans of the prix fixe menus..we always order a couple of glasses of wine, an app, and an entree each. Neither of us has the appetite for dessert after all of that!

We have not been back to California Grill since their switch to prix fixe, even though we loved it there. I understand the challenges, and I know there are folks who would go there and order water and a flatbread to be able to see the fireworks. (much like the cupcake folks at BOG in the MK) I just wish that to solve the issue they could come up with some sort of minimum spend or something that would allow you to order what you want from a complete menu and not be forced into courses you don't want.

I'm really hoping Narcoosee's is handled like Citricos, which we have really enjoyed. The menu options are what we are looking for, and the theming is there but not in your face and appropriate for a Signature dining experience.
love the place and eat there often; but also haven't had dessert there since the days of their '7 seas 7 scoops delight' - a huge brandy snifter filled with 7 scoops of ice cream along with other delicious sweets; and never eat at prix fixe only spots; if there is a prix fixe menu alongside of a regular menu then that's okay because we never opt for the prix fixe; that is why whenever we do restaurant week deals be it nyc, long island, or wherever we happen to be on a vacay, we never choose the special prix fixe but rather order off the regular menu and forget about the 'specially priced' restaurant week bargain;

Narcoossee's has always been one of our favorites.

I don't understand why they would go to a prix fixe menu as they don't really have a benefit to going there for any purpose other than eating.

California Grille has their view / BOG had their early entry hack.

Narcoossees's does have a fireworks view, but, its not very good and you wouldn't really go there for that, even though we have gone out on the deck to watch while eating there.

We got off the boat at Grand Floridian last week and the entire restaurants is boarded up - even has boarded walls surround the front portion of the property....Im hearing its a pretty major renovation. Looking doubtful for a 2022 opening in my opinion from what I saw....

We got off the boat at Grand Floridian last week and the entire restaurants is boarded up - even has boarded walls surround the front portion of the property....Im hearing its a pretty major renovation. Looking doubtful for a 2022 opening in my opinion from what I saw....
1667394790270.jpeg
This is a recent picture from wdwnews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter