Narcossee's Opinions Please

CHIPSTER

DIS Veteran
We like to try at least one new restaurant each time and V&A's is out, but would like to hear opinions on Narcossees. Quality of food and dress code. Did you feel comfortable or is it stuffy? Thanks.

It is very laid back and comfortable there. In fact, I sometimes feel the prices are high for the atmosphere, if that makes sense. LOL They have great market-fresh seafood selections and the view is lovely. I'd recommend giving it a try. They also have great desserts. :)

Here is a sample menu:

Narcoossee's Link

:)

As far as dress code--resort casual is fine. I've dined there with people wearing linen suits and others wearing their theme park gear. I'd say nice shorts/slacks and a polo shirt would be fine for men and a casual dress or slacks/ nice top for women.

Not to worry--theme park casual will be just fine. Of course you can "dress up" if you are so inclined, but we never do. For us it's walking shorts and a Disney themed t-shirt. We haven't been tossed out yet!!
We're going back to Narcoosee's on 5/5 for dinner. The only drawback (albeit a minor one) is that this restaurant can be a bit noisy. Poor accoustics, combined with a wood floor and the bar right inside the restaurant eating area.
Hope you go and hope you like it!!

You are right about the acoustics! Hardwood floor+ high ceilings= noise. ;) We like to dine early and it isn't as bad then. :)

I agree with Misti - its a bit expensive to be as casual as it is. Its not a burger joint casual by any means, but it is very laid back.

I had the crab and squash soup - that was excellent, but our entrees were just good. Not excellent, but good. We thought it was a bit pricey for what we had and we don't usually feel that way.

If you are going for seafood my recommendation is for Flying Fish - everything there was incredible! And it was around the same cost as Narcoosee's.

Thanks for the replies. We were intrigued by a paella dish we once saw on the menu and also though it would be convenient while in the Magic Kingdom area.

We went for our aniversary dinner, and it was WONDERFUL. DH and I are not stuffy people, we live in blue jeans, and we were perfectly comfortable at this restaurant. The service was wonderful, and food was even better than wonderful. We shared the Mussels for an appetizer, necter of the gods, let me tell you!!! Had a wonderful salad, and then for our main courses, I had the Sea bass over risotto... it just melted in my mouth...no fishy taste whatsoever... fantastic!!! DH had the seafood pasta... it was also very delicious. We had a bottle of the Fess Parker Reisling... pricey, but awesome. Our table for 2 was by the window, and afforded us a wonderful view of the Magic Kingdom, all lit up at night. I would recommend this restaurant very highly... especially as an adult's night out choice where you may not want to dress up, but still want it to be special. After you are done eating take time to walk through the grounds and down on the beach at the Grand Flordian...it is very romantic!

Have a great time:)

Narcoosees is a wonderful place to eat. There is usually a bride or two walking around since it is after-all, the GF. At night there is an electrical light barge show to watch on the water (if it hasn't been cut back). The menu includes lots of fresh fish, skillfully prepared, and they have an excellent wine list. I don't mind the noise, it tells me people are having a good time. The servers are casually dressed and are professional and friendly. Go, you'll have a great dinner.

Melissa--I LOVE that crab and squash soup. I hope it is still there during our Feb trip! :)

I have to say on the Fess Paker reference a few posts up - we had a bottle of the Fess Parker Cuvee at Flying Fish and it was also very good. Thank you Davey Crockett!

How noisy does this place actually get?

Is it you can't carry on a conversation without screaming kind of noisy or more just a reflection of how it is laid out? Can you compare the noise level to other restaurants on property?

I've always wondered about dining here!

It's not so noisy that you can't carry on a conversation, but it isn't quiet like some of the other pricier restaurants at WDW (such as Citricos). The environment is casual enough that diners don't have to whisper, but the food is very high quality. We love it here and the food is delicous. This is one of our favorite restaurants in WDW.

It's very laid back and one of the most casual of all the upscale restaurants.

The food is excellent, but we've had some service problems there--mostly just really S-L-O-W.

Anne

I eat there every year, wouldn't be vacation in Disney without my lobster. I wear my casal theme park attire and never feel out of place, I just go and enjoy, I dont think you can go wrong :)

I've had one excellent dinner there & one not so hot dinner there. Everyone can have an off night or put out a bad dish once in a while. It'll still be a while before we try it again for dinner tho. There's so many other places we enjoy & the prices are a bit steep for a gamble. We do still stop at the bar for drinks & appetizers sometimes during a Monorail Crawl.

I do love the atmosphere - the GF itself is lovely, the restaurant is nice, yet casual, the views of the Lagoon are gorgeous and the view of Wishes from the deck is fantastic.

Great to hear all of the wonderful reviews, we are trying this restaurant out when we are there in a few weeks and we are very excited about it. Just curious, would nice capris and a dressier top be o.k. to wear, I don't want to bring any skirts with me this trip. Thanks.

Dh and I went last May for our anniv. We really did not enjoy the place at all. We had our anniv buttons on, our server barely acknowledged our special day, we didnt get a good table below to have a better fireworks view, we were seated right near the bar and a noisy family. About as unromantic as you could get.

We couldnt see the fireworks from our table. We just sat there. The food was underwhelming to say the least. Next month we are going to try Citricos instead.

we absolutely LOVED Narcoosee's. I didn't find it to be stuffy at all. it's just like any other "upscale" restaurant. Our 4 1/2 year old DD had a wonderful time.... the food was wonderful. ( the whole lobster... YUM !!) :thumbsup2

we chose it because we were staying at the GF, however, we'd go back again even if we weren't staying there. You'll enjoy your dinner there.

We liked Narcoossee's and would definately return. Our waitress had no sense of humor but the food was very good and our view of the MK was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter