• AKL 1 bedroom

Votes: 43 84.3%
  • Fort Wilderness Cabin

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
I have narrowed it down to AKL 1 bedroom villa and Fort Wilderness Cabin. 2 adults 2 kids ages 9 & 12, 1 of the adults will be using a scooter and we always rent a truck.
Looking at a 10 night stay, we live so far away we always stay 10 nights when we can.
My pros
AKL villa - love the resort! Love the pool, having a washer and dryer a huge plus! I will use the kitchen, because reheating ribs from AK is something I love to do!
Cabin - parking right outside the door! Lots to do for the kids at the resort! Price is great!
My cons
AKL villa - huge resort, parking so far away
Cabin - no washer/dryer or range for cooking just a stove top
What do you guys think?

We love the cabins so much! The parking is wonderful. As far as laundry, we used the facilities one loop over from where our cabin was and it was fine (we only do laundry once a trip though). Another plus to the cabins is the quiet. Returning from a busy day at the parks, it's so easy to unwind because it's peaceful.

I think AKL will be more accessible for the scooter... the cabins have steps to get inside. I wouldn't want to carry that scooter up steps when returning back to the cabin. You can always valet park at AKL so that you don't have to walk far to the car.

I think AKL will be more accessible for the scooter... the cabins have steps to get inside. I wouldn't want to carry that scooter up steps when returning back to the cabin. You can always valet park at AKL so that you don't have to walk far to the car.
The HA cabins have a ramp, good point on valet never thought about that thx

Tough choice!!!

I think that I would go with the AKL 1 bedroom, but I do like kreckl's idea of a split stay. If you don't mind moving, I would definitely do both - Starting with the cabin and then move up to the deluxe resort for the second half of the trip. That way you have laundry in your room later when you will need it most and will be close to the AK for your FP+ on FOP!

I would do the AKL hands down. I think the cabins are a little narrow in places and would not be nearly as accessible.

There is TONS for the kids to do at AKL. They have all these special programs throughout the day that center around the animals. Plus, who can beat the night vision goggles, the bonfires and the amazing culture that you get from all the CMs at AKL?

My only complaint is that AKL sometimes seems a little far from the action. However? If you have a car, that won’t be a problem. FWIW, it may be about just as far from AKL to the parks as the cabins.

The dining options and the pool at AKL are pretty sweet. The final “cherry” is the peaceful nature of the resort. We have stayed at most of them and if you enjoy nature and animals, there is nothing more soothing than finding some rockers on various porches throughout the resort and just sitting there and enjoying the animals. It’s like nothing else.

If available, I would do a one bedroom at Kidani instead of Jambo. That will give you 2 full bathrooms, a king bed in the master, and parking is under the building. All you have to request is near elevator and you will be very close to your villa.

If available, I would do a one bedroom at Kidani instead of Jambo. That will give you 2 full bathrooms, a king bed in the master, and parking is under the building. All you have to request is near elevator and you will be very close to your villa.

I’ve stayed in both the cabins and the AKL Kidani villas, and I agree with @clayfolks and @Clare Voince. Parking under the building and using elevators instead of the ramp at a HA cabin would be better too - especially if it’s raining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter