Nassau Pearl Island Excursion

We are wondering if the snorkeling is worth the extra 30 dollars, we had planned to bring our own gear but they won't allow us to snorkel in the area due to "security reasons". So any insight on that is much appreciated!

We are wondering if the snorkeling is worth the extra 30 dollars, we had planned to bring our own gear but they won't allow us to snorkel in the area due to "security reasons". So any insight on that is much appreciated!
We didn't pay to snorkel in the designated area, but I was told there was some reef there. I don't know how much though. It's away from the beach area on the other side of the island. We brought our own snorkel gear and did so at the beach area. There wasn't any reef there, but we saw starfish, crabs, fish and sand dollars! That was plenty of excitement for us and saved $90.

We didn't pay to snorkel in the designated area, but I was told there was some reef there. I don't know how much though. It's away from the beach area on the other side of the island. We brought our own snorkel gear and did so at the beach area. There wasn't any reef there, but we saw starfish, crabs, fish and sand dollars! That was plenty of excitement for us and saved $90.

Thank you for this! I am still undecided about the entire excursion...I will probably make a last-minute decision 2 weeks before! But all of the information helps me feel better either way.

We just returned from Nassau and did the Pearl Island excursion with our 2 and 4 yr. old. The excursion started about 15 minutes late which wasn’t bad. The boat ride over took about 30 min. The day was beautiful and the island is nice but very small with very small beach area. Bathrooms are very basic and not super clean. I would not go on this excursion if the ship was full or if they were allowing multiple ships. It would be totally full and they could not accommodate feeding more people than they did in a timely fashion. Lunch was at 1:00 which was a little late for us but understand most people don’t have toddlers with them! The food was good, bbq chicken, fish and fried chicken, fries, rice and veggies. Portions weren’t huge but I was unclear if it was all you can eat.

we had a great beach day but there isn’t anything else to do besides swim. The water trampoline is not in good condition and you can’t really jump on it. I would recommend this excursion for adults without little kids.

they did have nice sand toys available for free which was a plus. They also had paddle boards and kayaks included and my husband took both boys out for a spin the kayak which was fun.

on The ride back the boat driver gave a tour of everything we were passing including celebrity houses which was fun.

We have some larger people in our party. There is a 250 pound weight limit. Is this enforced? What are the concerns?

We just got off of the Dream, we really liked this excursion!! We did the snorkel and lunch. Boat rode was more then 25min, we were on a glass bottom boat. Disney reps told us we could get a boat back early if we wanted, the tour company told us differently. Carnival passengers were on the island as well.
The main beach not alot of shade but plenty of loungers. There were SUP, mats and kayaks. Snorkeling was very good, on the other sode of the island, guides were great always made sure we were safe. We never felt crowded. Lunch was better then I expected. I think 4-5 hours is too long, we left 1 hour early due to the weather

Gonna give this a little bump! I think this is a new excursion for DCL.

I can add some info. that I learned from emailing Pearl Island directly. The safe is not fully vaccinated (40%). They wear masks and gloves. They temp. check employees at the start of the day but they do not do any testing.

The island is reserved solely for Disney guests on the day of a Disney excursion.

Still generally looking for a review of the island and its amenities, cleanliness, beach, water, food, etc.

Thanks!
Carnival passengers were on this excursion from 2 different ships

Has anyone who has stopped at Nassau on the first few sailings done the Pearl Island Excursion?

If so, a few questions?

1.) generally was it clean, safe and a good beach day experience? How’s the water and beach areas? Any shade? Are r here paved paths around the island?

2.) how long was the boat ride? Was it super crowded?

3.) do you get right off the ship and on to the boat or do h have to go through the busy terminal area or walk through town?

4.) j already know the island is reserved for Disney guests only. Any idea if Disney is requiring their vendors to be vaxed and tested?
We did this on the Spring Break cruise we took in April. We thought for the food you got, the fun harbor tour on the way back to the island, and the time we got to spend there, it was well worth it.

We basically lined up, got off the ship and directly onto two boats that brought us to Pearl Island. You sit on the seats and it’s a little packed, but nothing too major.

Our kiddos had a blast on the trampoline in the water, they had kayaks and other fun things to do on the beach. It was very clean and very fun.

There are paved areas that lead to the beach. There are a few areas that are covered. Suggestion: when you get off of the boat, IMMEDIATELY head to the beach area. It will give you the best chance of securing the spot you want.

The boat ride was maybe 15-20 mins. They make it fun for you there and on the way back, they point out celebrity houses. It was neat!

I believe that the requirement of the excursion is that those who can be vaxxed must be - they were pretty strict on us wearing masks when we grabbed lunch. This gosh is SO GOOD!

We didn’t snorkel, but I don’t think we missed anything there. The kids had a great time and the island takes cards at the bar, or of course cash! The drinks are yummy and the food was really awesome. Even though we’ve been, we are cruising to the Bahamas again Oct 2022, and seriously contemplating doing it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter