Nassau Snorkeling Excursions

Mindibellcm

DIS Veteran
I have reviewed the information in the Passporter book on the snorkeling excursions in Nassau. I have also looked at each of the websites listed in passporters for doing it on your own.

Are the sites listed for doing it on your own the exact same as doing it thru Disney because they sound different and the ones on your own cost more.

I am trying to make the best decision for our 9/2 cruise. Right now I have Blackbeard's Cay Stingray and Beach adventure booked thru Disney. The people going will be myself, DH, DS (7), my sister, and my nieces 9, 11. I need to pick the best snorkeling adventure for our group. My sister has never been snorkeling and isn't that thrilled about going but wants to do it because her girls want to do it. That being said it will also be the first time for all 3 of kids. All three of the kids are good swimmers.

Does anyone have any advice? Do all of the excursions include snorkel equipment including vests? Which one gives the best instructions for snorkeling newbies? Is one better than another to give the kids something to do if one of them chickens out?

I selected Blackbeards because it seemed like the best value with lunch being included but the more I read about it, it sounds like you only snorkel for a short time and then have time at the beach.

Caribbean Queen Snorkel tour sounds nice but when I went to www.stuartcove.com website it talks about 3 snorkeling stops and one being with feeder sharks. I'm sure it's safe but I also know that our 3 kids would NOT get in the water there.

Catamaran sail and reef snorkeling --sounds really nice. We did a day sail in St. Thomas and loved that but it says the water is deep for beginners? Also when I went to the flying cloud website it says its $60.00 per person so I don't know how that compares to the actual one that Disney does.

Thanks in advance for any input. I look forward to hearing from others that have done these excursions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter