Nassau

rere101399

DISmom
I’m scheduling a last minute 4 night mid October cruise. It shows Nassau on the itinerary still. I haven’t been paying too much attention because I wasn’t planning on this October cruise. Is Nassau actually happening on cruises now?

I’m scheduling a last minute 4 night mid October cruise. It shows Nassau on the itinerary still. I haven’t been paying too much attention because I wasn’t planning on this October cruise. Is Nassau actually happening on cruises now?
Not yet, but it should be open to disney ships in October. My 8 night on the fantasy in October is stopping there.

Our 7 night (first one) has Nassau.
They are still working on getting the port excursions listed.

We are scheduled to do a 4-nighter in November to Nassau & CC on the Dream and only 8 excursions are listed for the first stop, none at Atlantis, and one is already sold out. On the DCL web site there are 54 excursions for Nassau...now it is down to 8 when your choices are finally available. We'll take what we can get as we turn platinum.

We are scheduled for a late October cruise. They changed the two early October cruises to double dip at Castaway Cay with no stop at Nassau. I was hoping that they would do the same for our cruise, but nothing yet. I keep checking, hoping for a change. We usually do not get off the ship at Nassau and definatley would not in the current situation. Seems like kind of a waste and would rather be buzzing around Castaway Cay on a bike that second day. Don't know how realistic it is but still holding out hope for the change...

I'm not sure if you mean DCL specifically when you say "happening on cruises", but other lines have been stopping at (and even sailing out of) Nassau for months.

When we embarked in Nassau a few weeks ago, there were four ships in port: RCCL Mariner and Adventure, Crystal Serenity, and Celebrity Equinox.

We are scheduled to do a 4-nighter in November to Nassau & CC on the Dream and only 8 excursions are listed for the first stop, none at Atlantis, and one is already sold out. On the DCL web site there are 54 excursions for Nassau...now it is down to 8 when your choices are finally available. We'll take what we can get as we turn platinum.

For the October 9th cruise, we have 4 excursions listed and 3 are sold out. I believe they will add more, but I don't know.
N20
N14
N75
N97

For the October 9th cruise, we have 4 excursions listed and 3 are sold out. I believe they will add more, but I don't know.
N20
N14
N75
N97

Yep.....bad. We're checking multiple times a day.
The one left is certified scuba diving.
TA called and they said this week, so we'll see

and was gone right away. I have done that one and the younger people want something more exciting.

I'm on the Oct 15 3-night and there are a lot available. We have 23 options, though most are sold out now, but Blue Lagoon and Pearl Island were included. No Atlantis.

If I do a jeep tour in Nassau how difficult is it to get an automatic vehicle? Funny thing is, I know how to drive a manual semi-truck, I have a commercial driver's license, but I have never driven a manual car.

Now that it’s October, has anyone on DCL actually stopped at Nassau yet? We sail on Monday and I’m still crossing fingers for a last minute itinerary change to a double dip 🤞🏻

I don't know if anyone has, but we sail on Saturday and are scheduled to stop at Nassau. No hint of a change.

Now that it’s October, has anyone on DCL actually stopped at Nassau yet? We sail on Monday and I’m still crossing fingers for a last minute itinerary change to a double dip 🤞🏻

Well shucks! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for yours and mine🤞🏻🤞🏻 If you don’t mind, please let report back if you do hear of a change!

I'm going to sail in late October and Nassau is on the itinerary with several port adventures to choose from, some of them sold out. I don't think it's going away again.

No Atlantis.
I independently booked an Atlantis day pass, and learned that to enter you have show a picture of your vaccine card (if 12 & over) AND of a negative Covid test within the past 5 days. That restriction is probably why DCL isn't hosting excursions there- too many guest requirements. It does make me feel a bit safer, though.

We also leave on Saturday.....we will be going to Nassau. It was the replacement for another port we aren't going to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter