• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NateNLogansDad + party of 25 + AKL + MNSSHP = a few thousand pictures (Bonus Video!!)

Great trip report! And great photos!! Thanks so much for sharing. I have enjoyed every minute of reading!!
It looks like we overlap by 1 day in October!!! We leave 30 Oct!!!
Looking forward to your next trip report!! :surfweb:

I'm contemplating the Nikon - Coolpix AW100. I want a point and shoot, waterproof camera that also does video. But i know nothing about cameras. ANYWAY, loved this TR and am looking forward to your BC one this coming october!

I can NOT WAIT to get to the Beach Club. I could seriously spend a week there and never step into a park. I really can't wait to take the camera and grab some decent night shots! If you want to compare some camera's, http://www.dpreview.com/ is an excellent site for reviews:thumbsup2

Hey neighbor (seriously, we're in Springfield;) )! LOVED your trip report! We are very excited to take our girls for their first time this Sept/Oct and our first ever MNSSHP! Love picking up little tips here & there on these boards.

Looking forward to reading your next report later this year!
Thanks

19064 in da house :lmao: Thanks for following along! Glad to have someone from around the way on here! You guys are going to love it!!! There's nothing like the first time with the kids!!!! Disney takes on a whole new meaning when the kids are involved. Tina and I had gone down on our class trips in high school and thought it was OK. We fell in love with Disney when we got to share it with the boys. I am genuinely excited for you guys! :woohoo:

Great trip report! And great photos!! Thanks so much for sharing. I have enjoyed every minute of reading!!
It looks like we overlap by 1 day in October!!! We leave 30 Oct!!!
Looking forward to your next trip report!! :surfweb:

I don't remember if I asked you, but are you going to be doing a trip report? I remember you saying you'll be doing something insane like a month long trip or something, and I know you like taking pictures.....that would be one crazy long Trip Report :lmao: If you do, come back here and post a link, I want in! Who knows, that one day we may be in each others pictures completely by chance! October can't get here soon enough popcorn::

Not sure about the trip report - I may do, but I'm not that good with words!! :surfweb: Yes - I'm away for 4 weeks, doing Disney on both coasts! Plus the adults version in Nevada...!!!!
If I do one I'll let you know!!!

Pretty sure I lurked on your last report. Love all the pics. I am only starting Day 2 but wanted to say that your Nemo pics were great. Kidani is our "home" and I especially liked ur night shots there. Off to read more :)

Excellent trip report! I read it straight through without having to wait for update and it was awesome. The pics (and the telling) take me right back there.

I know what you mean about AKV and the buses. It does seem to take forever. I am planning a graduation trip for my son and a few of his friends for June 2013 and I thought about a grand villa there with the pool table in it. But it is just too far. Then I thought about Beach Club or Boardwalk or even Saratoga, but when I finally asked his opinion (don't know I had to), he answered hands down Old Key West. That is where our first trips were spent and that place has a hold on him, like none of the other ones down there. And we have stayed at all of the onsite DVC's except for Bay Lake Towers. So your comment about your mom and the Beach Club went straight to my heart.

Look forward to reading future reports!

Excellent trip report! I read it straight through without having to wait for update and it was awesome. The pics (and the telling) take me right back there.

I know what you mean about AKV and the buses. It does seem to take forever. I am planning a graduation trip for my son and a few of his friends for June 2013 and I thought about a grand villa there with the pool table in it. But it is just too far. Then I thought about Beach Club or Boardwalk or even Saratoga, but when I finally asked his opinion (don't know I had to), he answered hands down Old Key West. That is where our first trips were spent and that place has a hold on him, like none of the other ones down there. And we have stayed at all of the onsite DVC's except for Bay Lake Towers. So your comment about your mom and the Beach Club went straight to my heart.

Look forward to reading future reports!

Awe...you're making me relive it all over again :hug: Isn't it crazy how you can get attached to just one resort so much? I think each one has their own water supply and Disney mixes in a little "something special" to make you fall head over heals with it. Sort of like a Love Potion #9 :stir: but for hotels :rotfl2:. I hope you guys have an absolute BLAST on your Trip! Take lots of pictures and stop back if you do a trip report. Post the link. I think after this thread stops being read by people, we can turn it into an advertising section for other trip reports!!! :lmao:

So I had an idea :idea: Since this thing took me 13 1/2 years to finally complete it, you may have forgotten some of the story or whatever so I put them all together in a little slideshow and threw it up on youtube with a little bit of music. Nothing fancy but there are bonus pictures :cool1:

I added in pictures taken by everyone else in the group :thumbsup2 Some are from P&S camera's, some are cell phone pics, even some disposable camera shots:thumbsup2 I really don't know what I'm doing with video stuff (even more than photography) so don't expect too much!

Let me know what you think!
NateNLogansDad + 24 go to WDW :3dglasses

P.S. I tried for a higher quality so full screen should be OK:thumbsup2

Hey Rob! Long time no talk! Remember me? Teresa, Sean's friend Tim's sister?!?!?! :) Loving the report! There were times that I literally LOL with your little remarks about Sean! So point on! He's such a good guy though!!!

So you are heading back in the fall huh? We are actually leaving for Disney tomorrow!!! :banana:

So glad you all had a great trip. I asked Sean about the trip but of course all I got was it was good! :goodvibes

Hey Rob! Long time no talk! Remember me? Teresa, Sean's friend Tim's sister?!?!?! :) Loving the report! There were times that I literally LOL with your little remarks about Sean! So point on! He's such a good guy though!!!

So you are heading back in the fall huh? We are actually leaving for Disney tomorrow!!! :banana:

So glad you all had a great trip. I asked Sean about the trip but of course all I got was it was good! :goodvibes

OMG you guys are probably at the airport RIGHT NOW!!!!!:scared1: I am SOOOO jealous!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!! Hope you guys have a blast!!! And maybe a trip report when you get back???:surfweb:

and b/t/w of course I remember! I was trying to get you to do a pictures only TR from you trip.....2 trips ago was it? It's crazy, I saw this guy at a bar last night that I swore was Tim! Turns out is was a guy named Dave :confused3:lmao: Post when you get back and have a GREAT TIME!!!!!

Well, I'm so sad it's over!!! I completely enjoyed your TR!! The pictures were just awesome and you really have a way of telling a story. Also, you have a way of reminding us all what life is really about....family! There were many spots through out your TR, that I was a little choked up!

I haven't really been on here for a few weeks, I've traveling a lot for work so it's been crazy! But - I did want to share this with you, cause I know, you know, what this means to me! So - I found out last week that I have to go to a sales meeting for a few days in August, in ORLANDO! So..you know what I did right? YEP! I expanded my trip by a few days, bought my mom a ticket and I'm flying her in on my last day of the meeting. I'll get 4 days at WDW with my mom! She has never been there before, our trip in September with the family was going to be her first time. Now I get to show her WDW, just the two of us! Unfortunately though, I didn't have any points left so we're not staying at a DVC resort, we're booked at the Port Orleans, Riverside. I've always wanted to try there but then we bought DVC.

So the bottom line is - 4 days in WDW, then 3 1/2 weeks later, we go back again for the big family trip!!

Looks like we'll miss you guys by a month!

PS - I feel much safer knowing Nate and Logan are protecting us here in Philly! It's a tough job so I'm glad they had the appropriate training!!!!:)

Well, I'm so sad it's over!!! I completely enjoyed your TR!! The pictures were just awesome and you really have a way of telling a story. Also, you have a way of reminding us all what life is really about....family! There were many spots through out your TR, that I was a little choked up!

I haven't really been on here for a few weeks, I've traveling a lot for work so it's been crazy! But - I did want to share this with you, cause I know, you know, what this means to me! So - I found out last week that I have to go to a sales meeting for a few days in August, in ORLANDO! So..you know what I did right? YEP! I expanded my trip by a few days, bought my mom a ticket and I'm flying her in on my last day of the meeting. I'll get 4 days at WDW with my mom! She has never been there before, our trip in September with the family was going to be her first time. Now I get to show her WDW, just the two of us! Unfortunately though, I didn't have any points left so we're not staying at a DVC resort, we're booked at the Port Orleans, Riverside. I've always wanted to try there but then we bought DVC.

So the bottom line is - 4 days in WDW, then 3 1/2 weeks later, we go back again for the big family trip!!

Looks like we'll miss you guys by a month!

PS - I feel much safer knowing Nate and Logan are protecting us here in Philly! It's a tough job so I'm glad they had the appropriate training!!!!:)

That is so awesome!!! How lucky are you!!! I hope you guys have an absolute blast and make a lot of memories! I just booked my mom's flight last night. WE CAN NOT WAIT!!!!! Also, it looks like my in-laws are planning on staying another night with us! I wish we could all spend a few weeks together down there. I love them all to death. It's going to be so much fun:thumbsup2

So the big question.....will you be doing 2 trip reports???? :beach:

That is so awesome!!! How lucky are you!!! I hope you guys have an absolute blast and make a lot of memories! I just booked my mom's flight last night. WE CAN NOT WAIT!!!!! Also, it looks like my in-laws are planning on staying another night with us! I wish we could all spend a few weeks together down there. I love them all to death. It's going to be so much fun:thumbsup2

So the big question.....will you be doing 2 trip reports???? :beach:

I'm really excited! I booked some dinners for mom and I too, one of which is Le Cellier! I've never eaten there and I'm so excited. YAY Mom! I know how much these trips mean to you and your family so I'm very happy for you guys!! I'm with you, a few weeks down there would be just incredible!

Now, let's talk about the trip report. I don't know if I'll do one. I really am not a good story teller, I don't take notes on stuff - how do you remember what happened when? I tend to get caught up in moments and forget to take pictures, etc. I'm famous for remembering that aspect - after the fact. We'll just have to see. How do you upload photos on here? I don't even know how to do that - I think my TR could be a disaster :lmao:

I'm really excited! I booked some dinners for mom and I too, one of which is Le Cellier! I've never eaten there and I'm so excited. YAY Mom! I know how much these trips mean to you and your family so I'm very happy for you guys!! I'm with you, a few weeks down there would be just incredible!

Now, let's talk about the trip report. I don't know if I'll do one. I really am not a good story teller, I don't take notes on stuff - how do you remember what happened when? I tend to get caught up in moments and forget to take pictures, etc. I'm famous for remembering that aspect - after the fact. We'll just have to see. How do you upload photos on here? I don't even know how to do that - I think my TR could be a disaster :lmao:

Le Cellier is great. If you like Prime Rib, go for it. The filet is good too but I'm a prime rib guy through and through....and yes, I had both :lmao: They also have a great beer cheese soup:thumbsup2

As for my trip reports....no, I don't take notes, I take pictures! I seriously take about 1000-1600 pictures a day but delete most of them when I get home. Most are duplicates or blury so they go in the trash but some I take just to remember what we did at a certain point. In order to remember what time I did what, I right click on the picture and go to PROPERTIES. On the window that pops up, there is a tab called DETAILS. In that tab, it has all the settings you used on your camera to take that picture....including the time and date it was taken. Also, each night we go back to our room I take all the pictures from the camera cards I used that day and put them in a marked folder (Day1, Day2, etc) so they are sorted when I'm writing my report.

To upload the pictures on the Disboards, you actually need to upload them to somewhere else. I use the free version of PHOTOBUCKET.COM. Each picture get's it's own link that you copy and paste on the Dis.

It sounds complicated, but after you do it once it becomes VERY easy. If you think you might want to try, I'll be more than happy to take you through it step by step:thumbsup2

Hey Rob. Finally delurking to say how much I've enjoyed your party of 25 TR. Looks like you and the family had a blast; and you have a lot of great shots to remember the trip by.

Catch you round the Dis!

princess::upsidedow

Le Cellier is great. If you like Prime Rib, go for it. The filet is good too but I'm a prime rib guy through and through....and yes, I had both :lmao: They also have a great beer cheese soup:thumbsup2

As for my trip reports....no, I don't take notes, I take pictures! I seriously take about 1000-1600 pictures a day but delete most of them when I get home. Most are duplicates or blury so they go in the trash but some I take just to remember what we did at a certain point. In order to remember what time I did what, I right click on the picture and go to PROPERTIES. On the window that pops up, there is a tab called DETAILS. In that tab, it has all the settings you used on your camera to take that picture....including the time and date it was taken. Also, each night we go back to our room I take all the pictures from the camera cards I used that day and put them in a marked folder (Day1, Day2, etc) so they are sorted when I'm writing my report.

To upload the pictures on the Disboards, you actually need to upload them to somewhere else. I use the free version of PHOTOBUCKET.COM. Each picture get's it's own link that you copy and paste on the Dis.

It sounds complicated, but after you do it once it becomes VERY easy. If you think you might want to try, I'll be more than happy to take you through it step by step:thumbsup2

Jay isn't too excited however that my first time at LeCellier will be with my mom and not him! What was a girl to do? It was open, so I figured what the heck! I'll tell him how horrible it was :rotfl2: and then he won't feel so bad.

I'll have to see how it all works out and if it's trip report worthy! If not, I'll be sure to atleast have lots of details for you! :) I love reading them, just don't know if I'd be disicplined enough to do one.....

Rob - Great report, and I really enjoyed the slideshow.

I love the pictures of AKL. How was the ride to the parks, DTD, etc? We stayed at BCV last October, and we love how close it is to Epcot & DHS. I am afraid that we will be disappointed (?) with having to take the buses to all of the parks.

Looking forward to your next TR!

Melissa

Hey Rob. Finally delurking to say how much I've enjoyed your party of 25 TR. Looks like you and the family had a blast; and you have a lot of great shots to remember the trip by.

Catch you round the Dis!

princess::upsidedow

Well it's about time you popped up around here! Thanks for sticking around this long! I've been doing a lot of lurking around myself on just about every one of my regular web pages. My participation is at an all time low:sad2: See ya around the Photography section, I really have to start chiming in over there......seems we have a few heated topics that are getting out of hand a bit!

Jay isn't too excited however that my first time at LeCellier will be with my mom and not him! What was a girl to do? It was open, so I figured what the heck! I'll tell him how horrible it was :rotfl2: and then he won't feel so bad.

I'll have to see how it all works out and if it's trip report worthy! If not, I'll be sure to atleast have lots of details for you! :) I love reading them, just don't know if I'd be disicplined enough to do one.....

Awe....he'll get over it right? When you and Jay finally get to go there together, swing by early. If you get there before they open up, the waiters and waitresses all get together inside at the front and sing O' Canada. It's nothing elaborate or anything, but it's something that not everybody gets to see!

As for your TR...just do it! It's so much fun to go back and remember it all. And hey, worse case, if you forget a few things and have to make it up as you go along.....we'll never know!:rotfl2:

Rob - Great report, and I really enjoyed the slideshow.

I love the pictures of AKL. How was the ride to the parks, DTD, etc? We stayed at BCV last October, and we love how close it is to Epcot & DHS. I am afraid that we will be disappointed (?) with having to take the buses to all of the parks.

Looking forward to your next TR!

Melissa

Honestly if it wasn't for the buses, we'd go back in a heartbeat. It's a beautiful resort and the Kidani building is only 3 yrs old now, but it just took so long to catch a bus and than another 20-30 minutes to get to where we wanted to go. Now, I've heard stories from other people who say they didn't have to wait as long as we did, so maybe we just had a run of bad luck but all week we needed a whole hour from the hotel room door to the park.

PS, I got your PM and sent you one back. :thumbsup2

Well it's about time you popped up around here! Thanks for sticking around this long! I've been doing a lot of lurking around myself on just about every one of my regular web pages. My participation is at an all time low:sad2: See ya around the Photography section, I really have to start chiming in over there......seems we have a few heated topics that are getting out of hand a bit!

:wave2: My participation on the photoboard is also at an all time low at the moment. Waiting for pea-n-me to post the next hunt....and I've also been busy *cough cough* with my own TR *cough *cough*. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter