National. com?

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
Anyone else having trouble using the dc coupons & discounts on national's site? Can't get them to come up sometimes or 1 will and not the other, while checking car rental prices. Also they seem to be pretty steep again. MKY

I had trouble going thru the National site, but then I tried going thru the Disney Club site and it worked with the code and the coupon.

Just went to the dc site and tried, still would not work with my EA but when I did it plain without the EA, it worked, Price was about to be expected for the summer, 185/wk in july & 200.00/wk in aug. Well at least I have a jumping off spot now to work from. (these are compact prices). Thanks again , MKY

My ressie is from 7/8 thru 7/14 (Mon - Sun) and I have $172 for a full size. So keep trying!!I'm using the coupon from the DC site and the DC code, too.

I'm an EA member and almost always use National. Love being able to jump in a car and go, but I have to said the prices have been so high lately, we have used Dollar on the last 2 trips. We had to book our June ressies with Dollar, because we had to change our dates, and everyone knows what happens to those great rates when you have to make a change. poof! they're gone just as fast as early morning entry. Anyway, we booked a compact with dollar using the FVG (Florida Vacation Guide) for a compact for $124 a week for the base amount. Not the best I've ever done, but National is $137 after either a CM discount, an AP discount or Resort guest discount (no we don't have the DC because there are no benefits to us, except the national benefit). I've gone my fingers crossed that the rental car companies start giving us a Spring Deal soon. I finally got a great airfare for both my April trip and June trip at $147 out of Washington DC on Delta. I do have a great rate on my rental on National for April because I booked it about 8 months ago. I believe it's $137 for a Full Size EA pickup. Not bad.

We have EA and DC and the lowest they quoted me (this was a year ago) was $178 for April 12 week (through 800 number as I was having such trouble booking it on-line), so to answer original question here, yes, I had trouble with coupons/discounts trying to book on-line.

Tried to use DC coupon at the time, but it is expiring April l, 2002 so I couldn't. Now a new DC coupon comes out, (exp.l2/02), so I called National to try to use it towards my existing ressie, and she said, no, they have to start all over and re-book it to use the coupon. Then she told me to just keep the $178 rate because it would be cheaper than re-booking at today's rates. Oh, well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter