Natonial car and DC???

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
I am thinking of joining the DC. I am not sure it would save me any money and I am trying to figure that out. I have already booked my room through code so I would not save there. Hopper tickets are cheaper through floridaorlandotickets.com than they are through DC. So I guess my question is how much do you save on National car rental??? I could get DC membership for $31.95. I have car now with dollar for pretty good rate. Is national alot cheaper with a DC members ship?? Any info would help, we are going in 5 weeks so I need to try and decide..thanks,,,Corvair

The Disney Club discount for National is 20 %. There is a coded coupon which gives you a free weekend day when renting for at least 3 days. On our 9 day rental this worked out to a savings of $92 on a full size vehicle through the Emerald Aisle. Nine day rental before fees, tax was $322 (before discount). Hope that helps you in determining DC's value. The discount on annual passes alone makes it worthwhile to us.

When I booked our car through National back in January, the best price I could get, (after trying numerous combinations) was with the DC code, and the Entertainment coupon for $15 off a weekly rental. Anyway I plugged in the codes and coupons, I had to have at least one DC number to get a good deal. That was one of the reasons I renewed!:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

THIS IS THE BEST DEAL ON RENTAL CARS IN ORLANDO THEY REPORT, I HAVE BOTH THE DISNEY CLUB CARD AND EMERALD CLUB CAR. THE SAVINGS IS THRU DC NOT EMERALD . THE ONLY THING WITHHAVING EMEARLD CARD IS NO WAITING YOU WALK DOWN THRU THE EMERALD ISLE AND PICK THE CAR YOU WANT,THE KEYS ARE ALREADY IN THE CARS. I HAVE RESERVED FULL SZ. 4 DR, FOR 240.OO 7 DAYS 5-28 THRU 6-03
THE EMERALD CARD IS FREE AFTER BECOME MEMBER TO DC AND GET THE CARD VIA MAIL OR AT ANY NATIONAL COUNTER.

TAKES 2WKS TO GET DC CARD VIA MAIL, HOWEVER , WILL RECIEVE CLUB # OVER THEIR ONLINE SITE IMMED.

I just booked a car in the Emerald Aisle using both discounts out of Newark Airport. The total for two weeks (6-30 to 7-14) is $431.34. The discount totaled $121.37. That savings alone more than justifies the cost of the DC.

What rate do you have now? If you post your dates, maybe someone can check the national rates for you.

As mentioned, DC gets your free Emerald club membership. Another benefit of EC membership is that full size costs the same as intermediate. If you need a full sized car, EC can save you money (in addition to the DC & coupon savings.

We are paying $338 for 2 weeks ($169/week) including all taxes for a full size in September at the Orlando airport. I couldn't find a lower rate from anyone else.

We saved approx $55 on a full size one week rental using the DC card. Add Emerald Aisle for convenience and it was great ---- the lines at the Dollar counter looked like at least a 45 minute wait. It was wonderful to walk over and pick up the car AND save $$$

In my very limited experience you can approximately recover the cost of the DC membership with a one-week National rental at MCO. This is one instance where DC card really pays off.

Most of the discounts DC offers can be had by other means, but I still think it's worthwhile for the simplicity. With DC membership, I don't have to fool with floridaorlandotickets.com, which saves only a few dollars per pass over DC rates. I just show up at the resort, hand over my DC card, and have discounted passes right on our room cards. No fuss, no juggling passes AND room keys, no problems finding the passes when packing and unpacking. (Things like that have a way of getting misplaced in our house.) And if for some reason the trip has to be cancelled, I still have the money in my pocket, not the passes.

DC helps me many times over .... cheap tickets is one, discounted rooms and packages is another as well as selected discounts on items like rentals.

Another good bonus with DC is you can use it for all Disney properties worldwide.

We flying to Orlando from New Zealand via LA in September staying 2 weeks in Orlando, 1 week in LA on the way home. DC has discounted our tickets, DLR package (BIGTIME SAVING HERE ... just under $1200 in savings using DC), rental car as well as the on-site discounts to be had when we are actually there.

I am a WDW AP holder and have used those discounts for rooms and since I am a AmEx holder as well, I am pretty much covered for any discount available at both WDW and DLR.

Next year. Disney Tokyo.

From there. To Infinity and beyond.

I've reserved a car for 2/15 -2/22/03 and the contract code that automatically comes up (I logged in as EA member) is either for being an EA member or BizTravel member - I'm not sure. Anyhow, when I do the DC contract ID I get the same price. It shows a weekly rate but there no "discount" line item subtracted out of the quote like I've seen in the past. Am I doing something wrong?
The coupon currently out expires 12/31/02 but I hope they'll have another out that I can apply.

Is that using the newer DC contract ID 540***?

I did this too. I wanted to see if this gave a better discount than the contract ID I used to make my reservations last month and I was actually $40 worse off so I stuck with my original booking.

There is another contract ID on DC. See if you can find it and use that. You'll get a much better saving and they both expire 12/31.

It was the 540*** code, but I found the right one starting with 59***. I started a brand new reservation and I got the discount so I canceled the old one!!! This reservation has all the correct times, airline arrival flight #'s, etc., but....

Now I have another dilema. I had an earlier reservation. I knew we were going Prez week so I booked a car back in March with the BizTravel contract ID (it was the default code) BEFORE I bought my airline tickets. I bought our airline tickets today, but before I cancelled it, I thought I'd modify it with the DC conract ID (59***) to see if it would keep my original weekly rate (which is close to $40 less than the one I booked today) AND give me the DC discount. ANd it did!!! My total savings is $36 but unfortunately, when I modified it, it now tells me I have to go to the rental counter. HOw much of a hassle is that? Or can a CSR change it to EA if I call? I really don't mind not having a choice of cars, but I hate waiting in a line. Does having an EC card help bypass the line? (Like Avis has the Preferred line which means no wait.)

Last year we got a great rate on a Minivan through National using the DC discount. I only checked it out of curiosity thinking our Corporate National rate would be better, but the DC discount was much better.

This year though, they changed the DC discount such that it's only good on up to full-size rentals. (We really need a minivan with 3 kids and lots of luggage.) I ended up getting a much better minivan rental price through Dollar using the codes published on these boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter