NAUGHTY NOTHINGS -- New members welcome! (I want to start a really long thread....) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah - I definitely think that the elephant is the way to go. Although it would take you quite a while, it would be scenic and interesting. You'd meet lots of people who were interested in the elephant, and meeting people is the best thing about traveling:thumbsup2 . Plus, I've always imagined that elephants would make fantastic travel companions. Ditch the plane, go by elephant I always say.:laughing:

Today's swim meet was a toughie. First race was fine, the second was disastrous (ds choked on water and actually had to pull up because he couldn't breathe. It was in his best event - don't really know what happened but he had a hard time recovering for his next 3 races.). The last three were a big improvement so he ended on a good note. It's so hard to see your kid struggle:guilty: . He goes back for more tomorrow - we'll see if he can pull it together and put aside the memory of the choking. Ugh.

With that in mind, I'm posing the QOTD early (I may not get here in the a.m.). Loved the answers to today's questions! Looks like we need some Nothing Road Trips!

QOTD - What national landmark have you not seen that you would like to see? I'd love to see Mt. Rushmore. I'm not sure why - the vastness of it intrigues me. I also love sculpture and it looks so impressive. Wouldn't mind seeing Idaho, either. Never met a potato I didn't like
10.gif
. What about you?

See you later! Have a great Sunday!

Good Morning Nothings!

FoP~~ Sorry your ds had such a hard time. Hopefully he will refocus and do better today.

QOTD~~ I have to agree about Mt Rushmore. I have seen Yellowstone and Grand Canyon , and for those of youthat haven't been, they are fabulous. Words and pictures cannot do them justice. I have been to the Statue of Liberty. With ysterdays quesion I will take in California and the national parks there so that leaves Mt Rushmore for todays question:banana:

Wakey, Wakey, Eggs and Bakey, Nothings!
5.gif

Just kidding, but there is
5.gif
. I can even try to use the coffee pot

6.gif
but I am not sure you'd want to drink what comes out of it.:goodvibes

You already have your QOTD, and here is your page 1 bump. You're all set, so get with it. Hup to, Nothings! Chatter away!

Good Morning Nothings!

FoP~~ Sorry your ds had such a hard time. Hopefully he will refocus and do better today.

Thanks, Heather. I think he will - he's had several great meets in a row, and you have to fall sometime. It's a new day:thumbsup2

Is she somewhere else? Do you think we freaked her out?

I thought she was really busy with a camping trip - maybe it will be over this weekend and she'll come back to play. You think?

I've seen her light on.:confused3 But I don't know where she is hanging out now. Maybe we should all PM her and tell her to come back.

I just posted a message on the Trivia shout out space - I'll PM her.

I sent her a PM also. Now I wonder where Tricia is this morning:confused3 She is usually up by now.

church, maybe? Any interesting plans for the day?

I was going to post on the Current Celebrity crushes thread but my crushes are not current:lmao: . I do seem to be developing a Hugh Laurie thing, though.:banana:

I guess I am a heathen ....I don't attend church. I know it would be good for my children, but I really don't like all the snooty people. I have yet to find a church I felt like I fit into.
I think it is going torain here again today. I think they said we have had 44 or 45 straight days of rain. It doesn't rain all day, but we at least get the afternoon shower or 2. Yesterday it stormed really bad. I am a little afraid to go to far because not that things are so wet it doesn't take long for the streets to flood.

I have to do laundry today...for real this time. I have skipped a couple of days and we all know what that means......Laundry out the wazoo!!:laundy: :laundy: :laundy:

Will you be at the swim meet all day?

I was going to post on the Current Celebrity crushes thread but my crushes are not current:lmao: . I do seem to be developing a Hugh Laurie thing, though.:banana:

Who do you have a crush on? I think James Marsden is my current crush...but shhhh don't tell dh:lmao:

Good Morning

Cole is not home at this time..so I will explain my absence. For me to post on a board that has a smilie doing drugs or bashing ourselves with smilies cussing is not what I choose for my daughter to read. My personal views.

I am by far a prude as you well know:angel: :lmao: . She sadly saw both.
I'm quite sure none of us condone drugs or name calling.(which is why we're on this thread to start with;) ) This is not my thread so I chose to leave.

The library is not a controlable issue..but what comes in my living room is.
Yep..all pewters in my house are visable so as to monitor what she views.

I have missed you all. Children learn by example.
Thanks for the PMs.

Judi

Sarah..I want the sword with my horse..Please:laughing:

Yup - we'll be at the swim meet for the majority of the day. I saw a t'shirt the other day that said, "If they tell me I only have one day left to live, please take me to a swim meet because they last forever.":rotfl: Actually, it's not bad at all when you get used to it and make friends.

DH knows my crushes (much to his chagrin!) - Viggo Mortensen, Ewan McGregor and now Hugh Laurie, it seems (he doesn't know about that one:ssst: ) Who is James Marsden?

James Marsden is the guy who played cyclops on the X-men. And he plays the prince in the new Disney movie Enchanted ( I think that is the title...it comes out in November or December)....Now who is Hugh Laurie?:lmao:

Good Morning

Cole is not home at this time..so I will explain my absence. For me to post on a board that has a smilie doing drugs or bashing ourselves with smilies cussing is not what I choose for my daughter to read. My personal views.

I am by far a prude as you well know:angel: :lmao: . She sadly saw both.
I'm quite sure none of us condone drugs or name calling.(which is why we're on this thread to start with;) ) This is not my thread so I chose to leave.

The library is not a controlable issue..but what comes in my living room is.
Yep..all pewters in my house are visable so as to monitor what she views.

I have missed you all. Children learn by example.
Thanks for the PMs.

Judi

Sarah..I want the sword with my horse..Please:laughing:

Wow - I'm sorry, Judi! I'm not sure I know which smily you meant, but I have some absences from the thread as well (too much driving;) ). I hope I have not contributed to your upset feelings. We do miss you - I hope you'll come back if we keep it clean.:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter