• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Na'vi River Journey "canoe" ride wheelchair accessible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mir4mad

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know yet if the Na'vi River Journey "canoe" boats will be wheelchair accessible or will those in wheelchairs need to transfer? I apologize if this has already been posted and discussed. I searched but couldn't find any answers on ride cars or track/layout. Thank you!

I'm wondering too. Don't want to get too excited about a new ride when I don't know if I'll be able to ride it. Hopefully, since it's all new it'll be accessible.

Does anyone know yet if the Na'vi River Journey "canoe" boats will be wheelchair accessible or will those in wheelchairs need to transfer? I apologize if this has already been posted and discussed. I searched but couldn't find any answers on ride cars or track/layout. Thank you!

I don't believe any information has been released regarding the new rides in Pandora yet; It may be much closer to opening before we even see any preview images from inside or outside the rides.

I'm wondering too. Don't want to get too excited about a new ride when I don't know if I'll be able to ride it. Hopefully, since it's all new it'll be accessible.
Hopefully...but I heard a rumor that there is going to be a drop. Even though it will be built from scratch if they add a drop at all that will eliminate any chance of having a wheelchair accessible ride car!

I don't believe any information has been released regarding the new rides in Pandora yet; It may be much closer to opening before we even see any preview images from inside or outside the rides.
Very odd... It's almost like they are keeping it a secret for some reason! Usually there are more images and even mock up models of the ride and ride cars. They have to know that information by now! Aren't they in the process of building it?

I am planing on being there opining day ( I have no clue what I am thinking as I do not do well in crows) if I do go and if I do ride I will let you all know what I find out about the rides at pandora

Very odd... It's almost like they are keeping it a secret for some reason! Usually there are more images and even mock up models of the ride and ride cars. They have to know that information by now! Aren't they in the process of building it?

LOL Yes, they are certainly building it - and finishing it - even as we speak!

We are very spoiled when it comes to WDW; so often we get to see everything from artist's sketches to construction permits prior to an attraction opening, especially regarding a refurb.

I will admit that I haven't gone *looking* for any such information for Pandora at AK; I am quite looking forward to be surprised when it opens! That's just me - I am lately suffering from too many "spoilers" in both my work and personal life! I need a bit of magic, surprise and wonder! ;)

I hate to say this but I've pretty much given up on new rides being roll-on accessible. It's one of those things that's tough to do, make it accessible and exciting. In the end I'm pleasantly surprised when a new ride is easy for me to use.

I can't even remember when the last ride/rehab was made so that I could roll my wheelchair onto it.

I hate to say this but I've pretty much given up on new rides being roll-on accessible. It's one of those things that's tough to do, make it accessible and exciting. In the end I'm pleasantly surprised when a new ride is easy for me to use.

I can't even remember when the last ride/rehab was made so that I could roll my wheelchair onto it.

I agree, I to don't have much hope for rides that you don't have to transfer into especially boat rides, i expect this one to be no different. It's disappointing to me and I haven't need back into any of the parks since I've been in my wheelchair but I am planning to go into the parks this summer on our trip and I'm currently looking into which rides will be easy to do without having to transfer and the list isn't as big as I thought it would be.

It's pretty amazing but Universal has some exciting rides where you don't have to transfer. Men in Black really whips you around while you're strapped in pretty tight. The new Skull Island ride is a really big jeep that they use tie downs for, it's almost a 30 foot jeep roller coaster. I was always impressed with the ability to stay in your wheelchair and ride the E.T. ride. I think there are a few more but those where the ones I was really liked. But one of the issues with the wilder rides is that you better be able to hold on tight, they do move around a lot.

I'm still a WDW type of guy but on my last trip I spent 2 days at Universal and had a good time too.

I think Little Mermaid was the last one. Hopefully they make the boats where you don't have to transfer. It isn't like it is impossible even with a drop unless it is like a Splash mountain type drop. If it is more like pirates I couldn't see why they couldn't just use a tie down system. Even if they only had two boats for that and then gave you the option to wait or transfer it would be better.

Riight, for some reason I forgot about the Little Mermaid ride. They did such a great job with that accessible vehicle too, it's the easiest roll-on vehicle at WDW. A very smooth easy ramp to roll up into.

Anyone hear of any updates? Walt Disney World website lists the attractions now and you can book fast passes but there is no information on accessibility! Why are they keeping this a secret?

I've been checking daily to see if the website or app give any information, but have not found anything other than type of attraction is "slow ride".
The videos and pictures I've seen of the attraction look like Small World boats, so I am holding out hope for it having a wheelchair accessible boat.

The flight one looks like a transfer will be required. The only part they have shown is the ride seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter