• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NBA and Disney Deal

seanholmes2

Earning My Ears
I wonder what financial arrangement both the NBA and Disney have with each other. Why are NBA basketball players not wearing MCU images on their uniforms if both business entities exist as partners?

The NBA has lots of partners. If you want your logo on an NBA jersey then you have to pay which is the reason the Magic have Disney on their jersey

ABC/ESPN have broadcast rights to NBA games. Each team negotiates the jersey sponsorships independently - it is not a deal directly with the NBA.

The NBA has lots of partners. If you want your logo on an NBA jersey then you have to pay which is the reason the Magic have Disney on their jersey
It seems to me that the NBA is leaving "money on the table" by not embracing the "comic book culture" growing in society. Out of curiousity, what is the fee to see an NBA player with a logo?

It seems to me that the NBA is leaving "money on the table" by not embracing the "comic book culture" growing in society. Out of curiousity, what is the fee to see an NBA player with a logo?
Ad cost has been reported to be as much as 20 mil per season and it works on team by team basis.

Are you talking about the small sponsorship patch allowed on every team’s uniform? Those are negotiated by each team and have traditionally been sponsored by a local company (there’s not too much tradition since they’ve only been allowed since 2017).

Are you saying that Disney should sponsor every team’s patch and put MCU characters on them. They aren’t that big a patch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter