NE Ohio DISmeet - Sunday August 4th (2PM til ???)

Towncrier

DIS Veteran
With another Twins Day celebration around the corner, sshd will be in town with her family (including her twin daughters).

Two years ago, we met at Serio's in Twinsburg for dinner followed by cake and ice cream (and pin trading) at our home in Macedonia. I'd like to know if everyone would like to do that again, or if you'd all rather just come over to our house for a quick cookout (burgers, hot dogs, etc.). I know that this is short notice, but I'd like to have a big crowd show up for Stacey. So how about it?

(BTW - I posted an identical notice on the Collectors Board)

Now John, this is torture............I want to goooooooooooo, but I can't!! Wish I could go though!!

Auuuughhhh... Towncrier, I have to be at work at Metro at 5pm.

I am tired of being out of sinc with all the fun. Booohooo.

Sorry for the short notice everyone. Stacey had asked me to set this up way back in April, but I had trouble getting in touch with her to verify that she was still coming to Twinsburg. Next time I'll just go ahead and schedule something a lot further in advance so people can make plans.

That might work for me... I am not quite sure yet. I doubt I could drag dearest Luis with me but I might be able to swing that one... OMG that's this weekend too isn't it? ;) What time are we looking at for this??

I'm thinking 4PM as a start time although we'll probably be home all afternoon. I have to work out some details with Stacey. I talked it over with my wife and she thinks that we should just have everyone come over for a cookout since that's a whole lot easier than squeezing into Serio's.

If you are thinking of coming, PM me and I'll send you our address.

I'm planning nice bride and entertaining my BM here at my house and going to Blue Jacket thingie in Xenia

Oh, man.... don't tempt me here, John!

We are both taking off that Tuesday for Hershey Park.. if it wasn't a Sunday, I know we may have been able to swing it...

Again, thanks so much for Saturday.. it was a blast! You and your families great reception to Jeff, well, we MAY have a new DIS'er in the works! (He was even asking about DISCON!)

With it being so late in the day on a Sunday I'll have to let you know "last minute" on Saturday. I have a thing with Luis that day for his company so I'll know how I'll feel probably that day :)

It may not be as late as you think. It turns out that sshd's girls have to be at the Twins Days festival at 2:15 and again at 5:30. We are discussing the possibility of meeting from 2:30 to 4:30 for eats and greets, then some might want to head over to the festival for the 5:30 thingie, then back to our house for dessert. I want to let sshd decide on the itinerary, so please bear with me a bit longer.

Just keep us posted John on the times and I'll let you know whenever I can about the meet. I hope to be able to make it!

John, Wasn't there an article in the ABJ about the Twins Day Festival a few weeks ago? I thought it was over. Is there another festival in August?

TC:cool:

Just because I subscribe to the Akron paper doesn't mean that I ever read it. Anyway, I checked out the Official Twins Days website and it states that
Twins Days takes place on the first full weekend of August each year. For 2002, that's August 2, 3, and 4.

And who am I to argue with the web or with sshd for that matter.

As far as the current plans, we are going to meet at my house on Sunday (August 4th) afternoon. Around 2:30PM, Stacey will show up and we'll have a late lunch. Stacey and family need to head back over to the Twins Days festival at 4:30, so I thought that we all might tag along. Then around 6:00, we'll come back to our house for dessert.

PM me for our directions to our house.

John, Now it looks like I won't be able to make it! My best friend is coming from NJ for the week-end for her mom's 75th birthday surprise open house.

TC

Ack. My last minute DISmeet is falling apart!!! Even with the fancy "TwinCON" name that I conjured up yesterday.

Have a great time at the surprise open house. You are still welcome to drop by if you have the time on Sunday (as are the other 39,999 DISers).

Don't give up hope yet John!!! I can't say if I can make it or not... I have a function of sorts on Saturday and depending on how that goes (how long and all that) I may be able to make it up on Sunday... but I am not sure yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter