Need 2 points for Oct 2015 trip

E

eeyoresmom

What is the price per point to purchase these 2 points and can I buy them now to make a reservation at my home resort ( we are 11 months out)? At the 7 month window we may want to switch resorts, will that be a problem? I could not find this info on the DVC member website. TIA

You can't buy the points until 7 months out, thus you can't make the reservation until then. At that time I believe the current price is $15/point. You can borrow now if you have points available or you could get another owner to transfer points to you. There's only one transfer per year allowed so it's likely another owner would want you to take (purchase) more than two points from them.

I would make the reservation for whatever # of nights you have enough points for. See if your last night is available when your 7 month window opens up, purchase the additional two points and try to switch/waitlist.

I would make the reservation for whatever # of nights you have enough points for. See if your last night is available when your 7 month window opens up, purchase the additional two points and try to switch/waitlist.

This is what I will have to do. Thank you.

And in the meantime, keep an eye on the rental/transfer page here on the Dis for someone with a few stray points.
With regards to AnnaS suggestion, keep that one night as the one least likely to be desired, if you are able to guesstimate that (it's often the higher points nights of a Friday or Saturday)

• One-time-use vacation points are not available for waitlist reservations.
  • One-time-use vacation points cannot be applied retroactively to existing reservations.

I don't see anyway that the OP can use OTUPs by switching them into the original reservation. I think the only options are to buy points, rent points for one night (hard to get someone to rent such a small amount though), or try for the one night at the 7 month mark.

[/LIST]

I don't see anyway that the OP can use OTUPs by switching them into the original reservation. I think the only options are to buy points, rent points for one night (hard to get someone to rent such a small amount though), or try for the one night at the 7 month mark.

The OP can make a reservation for the nights they have points for...at the 7 month mark if that last night is available they can buy the 2 points needed to make a 1 night reservation....and then have the reservations combined.

The "cannot be used for a reservation retroactively" means that I can't buy points to use on a reservation I already have in order to get those points back. This prevents circumnavigating the home resort booking advantage. If I were to book at 11 months, and then at 7 buy points and use them on that already made reservation...I'd be getting home resort points back to use again at 11 months. Therefore, no retroactive bookings. BUT adding a night to an existing reservation with one time purchase points at the 7 month mark is completely legit.

What is the limit on what you can purchase, we have BWV booked but are hoping for BC at 7 months, but will be 4 points short?

I believe the limit is 24 points.
It is. We just used every one of our memberships (3different UYs) to piece together a vacation opening up at 7 months, and bought points for each contract....SUPER stressful booking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter