Need a cute storybook!

SLK1

DIS Veteran
Our PTA is hosting a storybook night with a variety of different books being read by different readers. One reader would like a few suggestions for what might be a good one to read. Can't be more than ten minutes long. Any suggestions? We already have Green Eggs and Ham, Who Wants Arthur, Swimmy, A Case of the Stripes, Sleeping Ugly, and Miss Nelson is Missing, to name a few.

Our PTA is hosting a storybook night with a variety of different books being read by different readers. One reader would like a few suggestions for what might be a good one to read. Can't be more than ten minutes long. Any suggestions? We already have Green Eggs and Ham, Who Wants Arthur, Swimmy, A Case of the Stripes, Sleeping Ugly, and Miss Nelson is Missing, to name a few.

Both of my kids loved Falling for Rapunzel. It's very funny (mentions underwear!).

http://www.amazon.com/Falling-Rapun...=UTF8&qid=1367505671&sr=1-9&keywords=rapunzel

Where the Wild Things Are
Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day
How I Became a Pirate
Paddington Bear
The Very Hungry Caterpillar

These are a few that my children enjoy...

We've recently had guest story reader program at our preschool and one of the readers read a book called Dragons love Tacos - so cute - and the kids LOVED it. Also, any anything by Robert Munch is AWESOME

The "Barnyard" Books by Doreen Cronin are cute -

Click Clack Moo - Cows That Type

Dooby Dooby Moo

Duck for President

Giggle Giggle Quack

My kindergarteners also always enjoyed Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann.

We also really like How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long & David Shannon that someone else mentioned.

And 2 of my favorite "classics" are Alexandar & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst & The Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone.

I also love Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak! (But it's a kind of a short book for reading aloud for something like a Storybook Hour.)

My 2 very favorite Dr. Seuss books are Horton Hears a Who & Oh, The Places You'll Go.

Some other favorites (not necessarily funny but just good stories/books) -

I'll Follow the Moon - a very sweet story about a baby sea turtle!

The Josefina Story Quilt

The Little House

The Napping House - love the repetitive & rhyming language & how the colors of the illustrations slowly change throughout the story - from soft & rainy & cozy to vibrant & sunny & busy

Owl Babies - a little young probably for your purposes, but the story of the 3 owl babies waiting for their mother to return is so sweet!

The Seashore Book - a little boy asks his mother to tell him about the seashore

Stellaluna - it's the story of baby bat who's raised in a nest w/ 3 baby birds, but it's really a story of diversity & how, even w/ our differences, we can still be friends

Time of Wonder - love this book - it goes through the summer season in a small seashore town

Any of the pigeon books. They're interactive and hilarious!

The one that I remember the title of is "Don't let the pigeon drive the bus." But there are more.

I always take "How Big is a Million" when I read to younger grades. It's about a little penguin and has a huge poster to show them at the end.

I also second "How I Became a Pirate" and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".

....one of my ALL-TIME favorites when I was around 5 was:

harold-and-the-purple-crayon-by-crockett-johnson.jpg

"Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy" by David Soman and Jacky Davis. Good story for a wide age range. There is a whole series of Ladybug Girl books, but this one is a favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter