Need a good EP area recommendation for casual sit down for teens.

DrummerBoy523

DIS Veteran
We are hitting up EP in the afternoon on our July trip - just taking an "easy" day and no plans. We will likely have a late lunch at the Fish & Chips counter service and then look to ride a couple rides and just hang out. Thinking we could have casual dinner before heading back to POFQ. Would consider anything in EP or surrounding resorts. This would be OOP. Thoughts?

Chef's de France is a really wonderful meal, nice atmosphere.

Captain's Grille at the Beach Club is amazingly delicious and you'll never have trouble getting a table.

I personally don't like the food at the ESPN zone, too greasy and unexciting but expensive. For me it's like going to your local mall restaurant.

Beaches and Cream is fun, but doesn't have very large tables, is not easy to just walk in and eat at and it's more a fun adventure vs. a yummy sit down meal. We sometimes do it when we're at the pool and don't want to go far and eat quickly.

I adore the fountain! My favorite sundae is there, the apple pie one
vanilla soft serve w caramel over a slice of apple pie
so good

Reactions: CJN
Chef's de France is a really wonderful meal, nice atmosphere.

Captain's Grille at the Beach Club is amazingly delicious and you'll never have trouble getting a table.

I personally don't like the food at the ESPN zone, too greasy and unexciting but expensive. For me it's like going to your local mall restaurant.

Beaches and Cream is fun, but doesn't have very large tables, is not easy to just walk in and eat at and it's more a fun adventure vs. a yummy sit down meal. We sometimes do it when we're at the pool and don't want to go far and eat quickly.

You are probably referring to Ale & Compass at Yacht Club which replaced Captain's Grille a few years ago - it's really good!

If you never did the EPCOT resorts area for food which I also recommend, remember that the boat goes to all the EPCOT resorts so you don't have to walk there in the July heat.

ESPN Club at Boardwalk is fun if the teens are into sports, but its very similar to ESPN Zone restaurants you can find in a lot of major cities. Its a little chain-like to me, so we usually opt for something else.

Beaches & Cream at Beach Club is one of my all time favorites. Great, basic food if anyone is a picky eater, and teens would probably get a kick out of the kitchen sink sundae too.

Inside the park, we like Biergarten but the menu may not be as appealing to teens. But the communal tables are different and the entertainment can be fun too.

I kind of like the idea of hitting up the active Boardwalk area with teens. Take a stroll after dinner to enjoy the atmosphere then decide where to go for dessert.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/trattoria-al-forno/menus/dinner/^Has a good variety on the menu.

Depending on your groups interests, taking the Skyliner (which is right by Int'l Gateway) a short stop over to the Riviera to try the new QS or TS sounds fun too. Menus look good.

Interesting food and sites with an 'easy' day pace.

Splitting pizza at Via Napoli or maybe the new smokehouse QS. Another option is to bus to Disney Spring post 4pm and eat there. So many good choices there and then you can boat back to your hotel.

Without knowing what they like, I always recommend Kimonos for sushi, and then Ample Hills. Kimonos is great bang for the buck in Wally world oop, imo. It's labeled as "Signature" but it's totally casual. They'll happily take your money if you are in shorts and a tee. Actually, imo, if I'm paying oop, I'd take a long hard look at all of the places at Swan/Dolphin.

Although it's nothing special for teppanyaki or hibachi, I'd also be thinking Teppan Edo. All in, in the world of Wally dining, it's a decent value and a few laughs during the show if you get a decent grill person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter