Need a little help on rooms

sersee05

DIS Veteran
I have never been on the Fantasy . I have researched a lot of rooms and am down to a few that I couldn't find a lot of info or I found conflicting info. Which would you choose if you were me? This is an adult only trip. Been on cruise awhile back and think I was mid maybe a little forward . We like to easily go to the bars and grab a snack if we wanted.

6058: It's mid but I think might be partially obstructed verandah?
10564: I know this is deck and for the most part avoid. But I read two reviews that said no noise. But then I read the room next door complained of noise. It's convenient and mid.

10132, 10138, 10140: all Aft. Not sure of noise back there. Have read no to much noise under Cabanas. I love the overhang.

7538: Forward but people said it was mid forward. But maybe wrong side to see the ports
8036: couldn't find much
9028: read closer to adult areas but pretty forward.

10000, 10012, 10006: lots availablei in this area..but again deck 12 and pretty forward.

I understand it's a personal decision but I can't decide lol

I don't have info on those particular rooms but I like forward on the Dream and Fantasy. My reasoning is I enjoy the morning walk on the pool deck, going to Cabanas and the late night walk through Shutters, over the peaceful atrium, on our way back after a night in the clubs. Also, I like to be a quick trip from the adult pool/Satellite Falls area when making a quick run back to the room, during a day in the sun (I hate leaving my chair unattended even for a few minutes).

Our go to room is 8022 as it is a 7A with very little obstruction, but even if I were going for a different category I would still like that area.

So with that said, 8036 and 9028 sound good to me.

Thank you!!! Have you felt it was a lot of movement up front? I have only been on one other cruise and was fine but you never know. Im looking at Jan and Feb and afraid it will be more rocky.

We are definitely into the adult sections. Do you feel they get crowded? I tend to avoid pools but haven’t checked out the adult ones.

Thank you!!! Have you felt it was a lot of movement up front? I have only been on one other cruise and was fine but you never know. Im looking at Jan and Feb and afraid it will be more rocky.

We are definitely into the adult sections. Do you feel they get crowded? I tend to avoid pools but haven’t checked out the adult ones.
We were in 10010 on the Dream (so essentially the same) in January 2022. It was a good room and we didn't have any issues. I don't like the overhang though - it ruined a lot of my pictures.

We were in 10010 on the Dream (so essentially the same) in January 2022. It was a good room and we didn't have any issues. I don't like the overhang though - it ruined a lot of my pictures.
Thank you ! That’s not good . I thought it might be ok since we always sit in the shade in the beach.

Are the dream and fantasy the same with rooms? I have seen some reviews for the rooms in the dream I listed , but wasn’t sure if they lined up exactly/

Thank you ! That’s not good . I thought it might be ok since we always sit in the shade in the beach.

Are the dream and fantasy the same with rooms? I have seen some reviews for the rooms in the dream I listed , but wasn’t sure if they lined up exactly/
Yes, room wise they are the same. Here's a picture showing the overhang:

IMG_1684.jpg

We are two adults and we love being right next to the elevator/stairs in the forward usually the highest deck with the deluxe verandah (Not family) because of the quick access to Cove Cafe and Satellite falls! The noise has never bothered us.

Thank you! Have you stayed on deck 9 or I0? There are a few cabins available. We are looking at end of January /early feb ..don't know how rough the seas will be.

We have 10526 booked on the Dream this November and it is forward but right at the forward elevators.

Previously, we have booked:
11012 on Fantasy which was concierge and forward (after this sailing we decided concierge was not where we valued our money, but to each his own!) Nov 11-18, 2017 Western Caribbean from PC
7594 on Wonder which was closer to the aft elevators Jan 26 - Feb 2, 2020 Southern Caribbean from San Juan and we chose this room because we wanted to see if we liked being closer to Cabanas
10524 on Fantasy which was forward and right at the forward elevators Sep 24 - Oct 1, 2022 Eastern Caribbean from PC and is where we realized this is where we preferred to be on this ship hence our Dream room pick (because the layout is nearly identical)

Additionally, we have Dream 10524 booked for the EBTA in May which is at the Forward Elevator again. Then, Magic 7550 on a B2B2B which is at the Midship Elevator and we chose midship for this because that is the closest to Cove Cafe and the adult pool for that ship.

We like to be on the closest/highest deck to the pool deck as possible for the room type we want which is verandah (not family as there is usually only 2-3 of us).

We are not prone to seasickness - although I get plane-sick on long haul flights. However, there was one time that one of three of us was seasick and that was when we were on the Fantasy in 11012 Nov 11-18 on the first night leaving PC on the way to Cozumel, but that was because the seas were unusually rough that night - even the crew said it was very rough and that even some of the CMs were seasick. But the motion of the ship has not bothered us on any of our other sailings.

ETA: I tried to be as detailed as possible, but if you have anymore questions feel free to ask! :)

Oh yes I see what you mean with your pictures. !
We have sailed midship deck 10 (Cat. 4A room 10580) many times and actually like having the overhang as it provides protection from the sun and rain (if it happens). Any noise from deck 11 did not really affect us as we tend to be out late and then sleep through any morning noise. The one time we sailed concierge and were at the front of the Fantasy, we did notice the movement compared to midship. Depending on where you are taking your photo from on the verandah, and how you frame the shot, you may or may not get a portion part of the overhang in it. I've included two photos of Castaway Cay we took from our verandah - one shows no overhang and one has a bit of overhang in the upper right corner.

Attachments

• Castaway Cay 10580.JPG
    Castaway Cay 10580.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 10580 - bit of overhang.JPG
    10580 - bit of overhang.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter