• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need a new pork chop recipe

briannesmom

<font color=coral>Definitely not the kind of shot
I bought pork chops to make for dinner tomorrow night. We usually grill them outside with BBQ sauce but it is just too cold and icky out. Anyone have any good pork chop recipes they would like to share?

Thanks!

Amy

We like grilled but without the BBQ sauce. My family loves the shake n bake porkchops. It is easy and keeps the chops moist.

Make a mixture of flour, garlic salt, and black pepper. Put the mixture onto the pork chops and pan fry until it comes golden brown but not fully cooked.
Put the pork chops into a casserole dish and top it with a can of mushroom.
Bake for about 30-45 minutes, or until the chops are cooked and still moist inside.

It's not really a recipe, but something my DH threw together one time and we all loved so we make it often now.

Clean baby red potatoes, and put them and the pork chops into a slow cooker/roaster with a couple of cans of cream of mushroom (or chicken, whatever you have) soup and water. Add whatever spices you like, we usually do pepper and garlic salt. Let it cook 3 hours or so on low. Very tasty!

The best part is there is very little time spent actually getting it ready and it smells wonderful.

We like to mix cranberry sauce and BBQ sauce to make a sauce for baking pork chops. Start with about half of each, then taste and correct. We like a little more cranberry sauce than BBQ sauce, but your taste may vary. Brush on pork chops (or tenderloin) and bake as usual.

Another thing we like is to squeeze about 1 TBSP of lemon juice on each chop, then top each one with 1 TBSP each ketchup and brown sugar. They don't end up having much extra sauce, but they're really good.

How about shake n bake------something about that product.

We have two ways we like to do them:

Marinate them in Yoshida's original and broil them in the stove. Continue to baste with the yoshida's.

dredge in flour, dip in egg wash and then dip in seasoned bread crumbs (we put cumin and chili powder in it). The pan fry in about a 1/2 inch of olive oil.

My family loves them.

Suzanne

To those who've mentioned Shake N Bake. Have you tried Oven Fry? For years I'd used SNB until a co-worker suggested the OF. I like it SO much better than SNB.

For a quick pork chop meal, I also like the McCormick Bag N Season. It's easy to make and the sauce it makes is delicious. You've definitely seen it at your supermarket.

M02290C.jpg

The first time I ever made pork chops this way, my youngest son got up from the dinner table and came over to give me a big hug and a kiss. He said, "Those were the best, mom!" A great critic's review. :)

I have 2 good recipes.

Brown pork chops in a frying pan. Add 2 or 3 potatoes quartered and 3 or 4 carrots split lengthwise and cut into 2 inch chunks. Mix a can of tomato soup, 1/2 cup of water, and a teaspoon of worchestershire sauce. Add to meat and simmer on stove top covered ~ 45 minutes to an hour.

Brown chops and place in a Dutch oven on top of sliced onions(2) and potatoes(3). Mix a can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce, and a cup of milk and pour over. Cover and bake at ~375º for an hour.

I put them in a pan, cover them with stuffing, cover and bake. The pork chops stay moist and the stuffing is a nice side dish.

My family and friends love this crockpot recipe that I do - Peel and quarter apples (about 10). Put a layer of apples, then pork chops, then apples, then pork chops, then apples, then top with pork chops. Slice up a few pats of butter (3 or 4), then sprinkle top with cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook on low all day (usually I do this b/c I work and aren't home for the high setting) and it smells awesome and tastes wonderful. The apples "melt down" to make a little gravy - which you can thicken up with flour if you want to. We usually cook egg noodles and spoon the apple sauce over it - Yum! I think I will make that today LOL!

Here's my favorite and easiest recipe for pork chops. I use boneless chops.

Season chops to taste (a little salt and pepper)
One small can of crushed pineapple (with the juice)
1 cup of your favorite barbeque sauce.

Place the pork chops in the crock pot, mix the pineapple (and juice) with the barbeque sauce and pour over the pork chops. That's it.

Cook on low for six hours.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours.

Serve over rice - excellent and very easy.

Oven Fry is SO MUCH BETTER THAN SHAKE 'n BAKE. They are not even remotely the same product. It's sort of like the difference between All Stars and the Grand Floridian. I use center cut boneless pork chops, so I'm very picky about what goes on that expensive meat!

My mom used to cook the (boneless) pork chops in a skillet with just some salt and pepper. Then she would add them to a pot of au gratin potatoes. I've made this before and it's very easy. I don't love it, my my husband likes it pretty well.

I got this recipe from All Recipes, and we made it Monday night....it was really good!

Tomato Pork Chops--from All Recipes
Makes: 4 servings

4 pork chops
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper - chopped, your color choice
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
garlic powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat enough oil to just cover the bottom of a large skillet over medium high heat. Dredge the pork chops in flour, add to pan and brown well on both sides. Remove chops and set aside.
2. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for 5 minutes, or until almost tender. Return pork chops to skillet and pour in the tomato sauce. Allow the sauce to start bubbling and then reduce heat to low.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.

I found this recipe and my family all likes it a lot. Season chops with pepper and thyme leaves. Saute in butter or margarine until browned, remove from skillet and keep warm. Put in apple slices from 2 apples and cook until tender stirring occaisonally. Stir in 2 T. brown sugar and 2 T. balsamic vinegar, cook, stirring for 1 min. or until bubbly. Retrun chops to skillet and cook until they are done.

This is easy and delicious:

sprinkle both sides of chops with salt, then rub a little crushed garlic on the tops, squeeze on some fresh lemon juice, and sprinkle on some dried oregano, then broil to your desired doneness.

At the table, squeeze on a little more lemon juice and serve. Someone served me lamb chops this way over the summer, and it works just as well with pork - everyone loves them, even kids!

Here's one that my husband loves (I call it Parmesean Ranch Pork Chops):

coat pork chops in ranch dressing
dip in mixture of plain bread crumbs mixed with parmesean cheese
put pork chops in corningware, add a pat of butter on top of each chop
bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes depending on thickness of chop

These are so good and the chops stay really moist

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter