Need a Unique Disney Experience...HELP!!??!!

calster21

Mouseketeer
We'll be going to WDW in mid-September with wife and my son (5) and daughter (2).

I'm looking for a unique disney experience. We already have considered the Cinderella Round Table.

Are there any other things that you can suggest to truly top-off our vacation. I really want this to be the highlight of our trip.

Ideas would be appreciated!!!

I've heard that the Family Magic Tour at MK is wonderful, silly, and loads of fun! After hearing all the good stuff about it, I decided to book it for us as well. There's a thread about is in the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum.

We really liked watching the fireworks from a pontoon boat in the Seven Seas Lagoon that left from the Contemporary. You have to make reservations but it was really neat. I believe you can bring food and beverages also.

The fireworks are neat, but they are also very expensive. I would suggest talking to some CM's at the Parks and asking them how you can be chosen to be Grand Marshals in the parades. In particular, Animal Kingdom chooses a family for each parade to be Grand Marshal and I know that at Magic Kingdom they do that as well. A little known hint is to arrive about 30 minutes before the parade begins at the starting point (again- ask a CM) and begin talking about it with the CM's at the starting location. That is normally how folks get chosen and it is an incredible experience! The best thing you can do is communicate when you are there. I know I speak for many ex-cast members when I tell you that we loved making the magic happen on the spur of the moment.:goodvibes

I do not know where you are staying, but how about Chip & Dale's campfire at Fort Wilderness, anyone can go, it just may take awhile to get there from where you are staying. They have a campfire, sing alongs and roast marshmallows while Chip and Dale visit with the kids, then they show a disney movie on an outdoor screen. There is a link on the Camping forum with times and movie schedules. This was one of the most relaxing parts of our vacation and I am so glad that we took time out of the parks to do this. The best part is that no reservations are needed and it's free! :goodvibes
Good luck with your trip planning.

I do not know where you are staying, but how about Chip & Dale's campfire at Fort Wilderness, anyone can go, it just may take awhile to get there from where you are staying. They have a campfire, sing alongs and roast marshmallows while Chip and Dale visit with the kids, then they show a disney movie on an outdoor screen. There is a link on the Camping forum with times and movie schedules. This was one of the most relaxing parts of our vacation and I am so glad that we took time out of the parks to do this. The best part is that no reservations are needed and it's free! :goodvibes
Good luck with your trip planning.

Thanks everyone.

Is there anything else out there. I'm willing to spend a few dollars for the experience, most importantly I want to make it memorable for the family.

The hoop-dee-doo review is awesome for children! Also Ohana's in the Polynesian Resort is good for children too. Look up either of those and i promise it is a neat experience for the kids.

When our DS and DD were those ages, they loved the Hoop De Doo:thumbsupshow. I caution you about wanting to make the "perfect memorable experience" for your kids though....if this is their first time, every step is going to memorable for them! case in point: our kids thought the food court at the resort was the best thing they'd ever done:lmao: they loved having a room card and ordering anything they wanted! Don't stress it about spending alot on extra events. A nice character interactive meal, like Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, etc. is awesome in itself. Have fun watching their faces as they see things for the first time--that's the GREATEST:thumbsup2

I have to agree with some of the posts... everything is magical on your first trip... my kids loved the swimming pool at the resort on our last trip! They also really, really enjoyed the Whispering Canyon Café at Wilderness lodge.

Try a haircut at the Barber shop in MK. My grandson got one during our first trip in 04 and he got a lot of extra attention all day long. They spiked his hair with blue hair gel, put Disney confetti in it and put a blue Mickey head on the back of his head. We hit AK that afternoon and Wes Palm noticed him right away and started talking to him....he said 'I know where you've been!' He loved it. Tip - Go first thing in the morning when they open!

Perhaps you've already got a great room, but one of the most memorable things we've done is to spring for a Castle view room at the Poly. DD was about 3 or 4 when we did that last, and she was in awe every single night!

I think the most magical, wonderful thing you can do to make this trip memorable would be to just delight in your family, love 'em up, and be patient. There will be melt downs, and there will be magic moments, but being with you & your dw is what they'll remember forever.

you can rent a boat at some resorts (don't know where you are staying) pack a basket with food or get some from the many places to bring with you and have lunch on the lake. OKW, BW, Yacht and Beach club are just a few that have boats for rent. a nice way to spend the afternoon and very relaxing..I am talking about the bigger boats like a pontoon..have you been to DW a few times or a lot of times? have you gone to any charchter breakfasts or dinners? need more info of what your family likes to do, whatever it is have fun!! any other questions please ask..Marianne:goodvibes

Has anyone used gifts of a lifetime? I have been looking at it. We are going down in June with our dance troupe, they will be dancing in the Magic Kingdom. I wanted to do something really special for the dance teacher.

Has anyone used gifts of a lifetime? I have been looking at it. We are going down in June with our dance troupe, they will be dancing in the Magic Kingdom. I wanted to do something really special for the dance teacher.

I've used them several times and they are wonderful! The prices are reasonable and shipping is super speedy! I highly recommend them.

Family Magic Tour!!! We did this last year for my daughter's birthday and it was definitely the highlight of the trip...even the older kids enjoyed it.

Thanks for the feedback on Gifts for a Lifetime. I think I am going to use them to plan an event while we are there.

I'm using Gifts of a Lifetime for my July trip. They're doing baskets to have ready when we check in. I'm having CM name badges engraved, penny press books, autograph books,etc. put together to have ready and waiting for my girls. I'm checking in while the kids are at Grand Adventures in Cooking, so the baskets will be in the room waiting for them the first time they go to the room.

Anyway, the girls there are easy to work with and communicate easily. You can design your own basket, it doesn't have to be something from the website. You can even ship down things that you want added and they will put them in for no additional charge.

Hi
I am working with Pat at gifts of a life time and she is great!
I am having her do a stocking for St Nichols day in December for my 5 year old daughter and a baseball hat for my husband for when he goes golfing!
She is really nice and will help you with ideas.
Have fun and any thing you do will be magical

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter