Need AAA Tutorial

TheLeonhardts

Disney Addict
I'm debating joining Triple A to get reduced rates. My questions, for the pros, are:

1. Can an AAA room rate be applied to a Vacation-Your-Way package from Walt Disney Travel Company?

2. If so, how do I do that? I don't see an "AAA" rate choice on-line.

3. Who do you make AAA reservations with? CRO? Walt Disney Travel Company? AAA?

4. Are there any other AAA discounts on tickets or packages?

Strangely, the AAA website isn't overly helpful on this. . .

Thanks so much!!

Judy ::MinnieMo

I noticed that the AAA website was rather deficient in this subject, too. Another poster to the DIS boards commented that booking through AAA was the only way to get a AAA discount on an entire package deal. But you need not book through AAA to get the AAA room rate. You just need a membership. I'm checking with AAA myself in June when the 2006 room rates come available.

TheLeonhardts said:
I'm debating joining Triple A to get reduced rates. My questions, for the pros, are:

1. Can an AAA room rate be applied to a Vacation-Your-Way package from Walt Disney Travel Company?

2. If so, how do I do that? I don't see an "AAA" rate choice on-line.

3. Who do you make AAA reservations with? CRO? Walt Disney Travel Company? AAA?

4. Are there any other AAA discounts on tickets or packages?

Strangely, the AAA website isn't overly helpful on this. . .

Thanks so much!!

Judy ::MinnieMo

Yes, AAA discount can be applied to a Magic Your Way package at WDW. You must book the package through your AAA travel agent. AAA also offers a diamond card for discounts at various stores and restaurants in WDW and DTD.

One caveat. Some AAA agents know a lot about WDW packages, and others know less. AAA is the ONLY Travel Agency (by phone or in person, not online) who can get you the entire package (with or without dining) and the discounted room (if discounted rooms are available for your hotel/room type.)

My local AAA agents were terrible, and I found a great one in South Carolina, of all places. There is even a pretty sharp AAA agent who frequents these boards. Do a little research and let AAA help you.

Have a great trip!

:cool1:

I booked through AAA. When I initially booked I though she did a great job. However, when I went to change from 4-day tickets to 6-day tickets, she was a moron. All they do is put you on hold and call Disney. She must have asked the wrong question because the 4 to 6 day tickets went up $50 per person. Then two days later she was not in the office and I asked another rep and it was $4 more TOTAL for both people to upgrade. Then just the other day I asked my rep how much 5 days was because we may not need 6 and she said it cost more than my 6-day pass. I clearly say she was doing something wrong (I bet she was asking for hopper ticket prices).

If I could change I think I would have just did a room only reservation directly through Disney and got AAA rate and gotten ticket separately. I just thought it would be easier in a package.

Yes, if you want the entire MYW package *which includes dining*, you will need to go through AAA.

If you are looking for room and MYW park tickets, you can make your room reservations at the AAA discounted rate (assuming AAA 'Magic Moments' rooms are still available for your dates and resort choice) either through an AAA office, or through a travel agent, or by calling Disney directly at 1-407-828-8101. Again, this is for the room discount only, on either a room only reservation, or on a package including both room and MYW park tickets (but excluding the dining plan).

If you reserve room only at the AAA rate (no package), then you may be able to save even more money by purchasing discounted MYW tickets through an outlet such as Ticketmania.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter