• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice for a Father taking his two girls, 5 and 7 to WDW in june 2003

pirateeast

Mouseketeer
This will be my first big trip with them alone with an over night stay. They are use to riding in the car, I'm driving down, taking two days. So I have plenty of time for them to be kids on the way down. Will be there from june 8th to june 15th and I'm more excited about it then they are. I have been there twice and they have been there once but don't remember much about it because they were 10 months and 2 at the time. We are staying at AKL, they love animals so they will be in heaven there. Also looking for advice on places I should go, leaving at a kid club thing, alone for aduilt time.

I have two daughters, ages 4 and 7, so I will tell you our favorites and hope that it helps some.
First, our favorite shows are The Lion King in AK, Beauty in the Beast in MGM and The Voyage of the Little Mermaid in MGM. Of course, you need to see Fantasmic (MGM), Illuminations (Epcot) and Fireworks/Spectromagic (MK). Those are spectacular!!! I think that you should try to get PS in Cinderella's castle for a meal, preferably the character breakfast so that your girls can eat with/visit with the princesses (Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, etc.). If you aren't able to get the PS for that character breakfast then be sure to get PS in the castle for lunch or dinner. Eating in the castle is a MUST for all little girls!:) I must tell you, though, it is hard to get the PS for the breakfast. Just keep trying even if you have to call from your hotel room each morning or even show up at the castle door and try!!! Chef Mickey is another one of our favorite character meals. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and others from the gang are there. Really, to be honest, any of the character meals are great!!! Just find out their favorite characters and go with that meal. The kids' clubs are all great!!! I don't think that you will be disappointed with any of them. My girls prefer the Neverland Club at the Poly just because they like the Peter Pan theme.:D

My 8 year old daughter enjoyed getting a hair wrap by the pool at the AKL. She also like Simba's clubhouse (she was there with her two brothers.) She is a thrill ride lover, so those were her favorites, along with Illuminations. Be sure to make good use of fastpass to avoid as many waits as possible.

My DD loves Crystal Palace (where you can dine with Pooh and Friends...) and Chef Mickey's! We have been to Cinderella's for breakfast, but she is more interested in trying the new Princess Character breakfast @ Epcot next time....

She also is a *thrill ride fanatic*....ToT, RnR, Space Mt - you name it, she loved it. They only attraction that she has no desire to do EVER AGAIN (in her words..) was Dinosaur....although we didn't take her on Alien Encounter - but my guess is that would not be a good idea for her! ;)

Fantasmic was prefered by her over Illuminations....Tapestry of Dreams parade was one of her favorites - as well as Spectromagic. Oh - and having the Epcot passports stamped was something that all my kids enjoyed (we gave up on the masks @ the Kidcot stops....became a nightmare for us, but that's another story....:rolleyes: )

Taking into account that you will be travelling with a 4 year old, you may want to look at the height requirements of the attractions....some may simply not work out for you. Have a great trip!

I'm a single mom and I travel to WDW with my two monsters, umm I mean darlings, every year. Our first trip they were 4 and 7 as well. It was a great age to start them and they were, and still are, great travelers. WDW is a wonderful place for us to vacation because I can leave all my worries behind and I get to act like a kid too! The kids also get my undivided attention while on the trip which is sometimes hard to do in the real world.

If you would like a little adult time I suggest you sign the kids up for the activities at the Grand Floridian. They have the Grand Adventures in Cooking where the kids get to make a treat with Chef Drew and then share it with you and other guests in the GF lobby. There is also Alice's Tea party with the characters, and the Pirate Cruise where kids get to ride a pontoon boat and track Captain Hook. These all run about $25 per child but they are a lot of fun and you can have a little break while they are busy.

Thanks for all your information, will take it all to heart and will keep reading all the advice that is around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter