need advice on best plan for the morning with maxpass

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
hi. we will be going between christmas and new years. The main thing we want to see/do is RSR and everthing in cars land. We also want to ride Incredi-coaster and Ariels undersea. I think Ariels wont have a very long line? but both incredicoaste and RSR will.

We plan to arrive early, and be there for rope drop, and will get maxpass. I know you can not purchase maxpass until your in the parks. So which if these options would you suggest? (or maybe something else?).

option:
1) go straight to RSR and while waiting in standby line for RSR purchase maxpass and get a maxpass for Incredicoaster. Ariels while we are waiting for our incredi-coaster time.

2) go straight to incredi-coaster and while waiting in standby line for incredi-coaster purchase maxpass and get a maxpass for RSR. Ariels while we are waiting for our RSR time.

3) As soon as we enter the parks, stop and purchase maxpass and then purchase a RSR maxpass, and a then an incredi-coaster maxpass. then Ride Ariels while waiting for RSR maxpass.

Hey! Come join our holiday thread! I just posted my tips from going the week between last year.

I don’t think any of your options are bad. Just be careful which day you do what. If your going straight to RSR, don’t plan to do it a day DCA is hosting early entry for hotel guests (unless you are a hotel guest and in that cAse use the early entry!!)

What we did was we used magic morning st Disneyland our first day and I booked RSR the second I got into the park. You can book fast passes for the other park if you have maxpass. Then we were able to just keep booking fastpasses.

You will have no trouble riding it not matter what you do if you plan to arrive early and use maxpass!

Ariel’s line is never long!

Since everyone in your group is old enough to use the Single Rider lines, don't forget about that option. Using MP and SR will allow you to get extra rides on RSR and IC, especially if you'll be there first thing in the morning. Ariel's doesn't have SR and doesn't need it.

You CAN buy MaxPass in advance. If you already bought tickets, call Disney and they will charge you the $10 per day per person and add MaxPass to your tickets. If you haven’t bought tickets yet, buy your tickets from Disneyland’s site and you can add MaxPass as an option. See picture-

Attachments

• 15338503-8D6B-493D-829E-0656955EC1BE.png
    15338503-8D6B-493D-829E-0656955EC1BE.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 18
You CAN buy MaxPass in advance. If you already bought tickets, call Disney and they will charge you the $10 per day per person and add MaxPass to your tickets. If you haven’t bought tickets yet, buy your tickets from Disneyland’s site and you can add MaxPass as an option. See picture-

Thank you. i thought i had to wait to enter the parks in order to purchase maxpass. this is great.

As mentioned, you can buy tickets that already have Maxpass directly from Disney. However, unless you are only going for one day, I would recommend buying your tickets from one of the discount options (like LMT) instead. It's really not that big a deal to buy maxpass once your tickets are scanned in, especially if one person has pre-scanned all tickets into their app and has their credit card loaded on their profile. It takes mere seconds. If you arrive before rope drop, you should be able to purchase MP once you're scanned into the park but still waiting for actual RD.

I also want to make sure you know that on #3, you won't be able to get the second MaxPass until 90min after you book the first one or as soon as your MP window for RSR opens, whichever is sooner.

Both rides you are targeting are sometimes not operating yet at park open. You may just have to wing it a bit depending on what's up an running. The advice about avoiding an EMH day is also good. I have no doubt you'll be able to easily ride both rides though, probably multiple times. I would definitely try to get in a ride on RSR at night.

Are you just doing DCA on the day you're discussing?

Keep in mind that you should enter the park pre-rope-drop, which means you won't be "on your way" to anything immediately. This means you can stop and buy Maxpass and book your first ride ASAP without "missing out" on anything by doing that; there wouldn't be a situation where you'd have to wait until you're in line for something to do it...

FWIW my DS prefers the Incredicoaster at night to see the effects and a CM recommended the same to us when he’d only done it during the day. Cars and Carsland is worth doing at night but does require stalking MP for the right time slot.

If you can buy it in advance, do it. We waited until we entered the park per the instructions and had huge issues with the app. Had to go to City Hall to have it corrected which really cut into our morning plan. They were kind enough to load some “anytime passes” to our account to make up for it. The CM told me they constantly have issues with the app.

thank you everyone for the great tips. greatly appreciated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter