• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice on breakfast and Slinky Dog

tinkpower

Mouseketeer
We have an dinning reservation for Hollywood and Vine at 8:05am on a 9am park opening. Will that reservation help or hinder me for rope dropping Slinky Dog?

AFAIK, they hold the rope drop crowd pretty far back from TSL, so coming out of the restaurant, you would probably end up towards the back of the RD pack.

If you can manage to eat in less than 60 minutes and then get out there, you should be okay! It would certainly be nicer to sit and eat breakfast from 8-9am instead of waiting in the RD line :) When we were there this past October, they did let us in before 9am, but only to a certain point and then we were held until 9am. You likely wouldn't beat the RD crowd, but end up getting mixed in with them.

The last time i was there, the holding point was a little past the H&V entrance so it gave us no advantage

Not Toy Story related, but several times We’ve enjoyed H&V at around 10:15-10:30. Rope dropped what we needed to and did brunch. The really slow down at H&V and you get fantastic character interaction, if that’s important to you.

Not Toy Story related, but several times We’ve enjoyed H&V at around 10:15-10:30. Rope dropped what we needed to and did brunch. The really slow down at H&V and you get fantastic character interaction, if that’s important to you.

I did have a 10:30 reservation and I'm kind of wishing I would have kept it.

It will not help you. They let us in the park at 8:30 up to Sunset BLVd and walked over to TSL at 8:40.
Unlikely you will be done with breakfast by 8:30 and if you are, you probably spent too much money on a breakfast you didn't get to enjoy.
I would either skip breakfast or move it to 10 and then do RD for TSL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter