• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice on where to stay during CBR refurb!

BeanoC

I almost don't feel the way I do.
My kids were heartbroken to learn that CBR will be closed while we are there. We have ressies there for 10/7 thru 10/11, but they'll be closed then. We have always stayed at CBR and we love the resort. We do not care for PO or Coronado. We love the tropical ambience at CBR. Where should we stay? The Beach Club?

The one thing I am concerned about is having a food court! I guess the Beach Club doesn't have that, right? I don't know what to do.

Will Disney give me a special rate at a deluxe since they are inconveniencing me??

I need your help!!

Thanks,

'Beano':cool:

Hi! Are you looking specifically for a beach theme? So far of all the resorts we've stayed at my favorite is AKL so I recommend it -if you like animals at all. It's a very unique resort.

Hope you find something you really enjoy :)

I have been advised NOT to call CRO to pursue this, because Disney's reservation agents do not have the authority to offer special deals and will only move me to PO or Coronado. I'm told however that a 'special team' of agents will be calling all the people with CBR ressies, and they will have more to offer.

You agree? Disagree?

I am not the patient type - I want to resolve the situation ASAP! But if waiting for them to call will get me the better deal, I will.

'Beano':cool:

Hey Beano!

We're in the same situation :( but we're not going until December. I was also heartbroken - mostly because we're going with Chris' mom and sister and I've been telling them how beautiful CBR is.

We still have a little time before we have to do anything, so I'm gonna wait and see what others have been offered.

I believe your CBR stay is linked into your cruise, right? If you really wanted to be creative, you could cancel the resort portion of your cruise, and then rent DVC points & stay at OKW. It's as beautiful as CBR! I know you'd like it as much as we did, and it's really, really affordable when you rent DVC points!

Other than that, I'd just wait and see if they'll offer an upgrade. According to people who were bumped from POR last year, Disney seems to offer AKL at a comparable rate.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter